Forums
Posted By: Excoriator Liverpool Waters - 17th Feb 2018 3:23pm
Is anything happening there? The simulated pictures and videos I saw on it implied it was going to make Manhattan look like Ambridge, but nothing seems to be happening whatsoever.

I could ask the same about Wirral Waters, but I am pretty sure I know the answer to that one.

Nothing! Buggerall! Zilch!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Liverpool Waters - 17th Feb 2018 5:43pm
Liverpool Waters is progressing more than Wirral Waters, there are the usual "Exciting developments" supposed to be going on this year for Wirral Waters yet again, look out for a new manhole cover wink
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Liverpool Waters - 17th Feb 2018 5:57pm
Is there anything being built on the Liverpool site? Last time I went anywhere near it was totally unchanged from the year before.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Liverpool Waters - 17th Feb 2018 6:32pm
They keep on expanding the area of both Liverpool Waters and Wirral Waters in order to claim successes. Princes Docks has had a fair bit of work and the two new ferry terminals seem to be on the trigger point.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Liverpool Waters - 17th Feb 2018 6:54pm
Wirral Waters

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/90m-plan-build-500-new-14302364
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Liverpool Waters - 18th Feb 2018 9:47am
Yep!

As soon as I heard the words "... A place where the sky is full of light and the air is charged with possibilities..." Birkenhead docks sprang to mind!

I'll believe it when I see it. So far, all that has been built is the tech's glorified industrial shed.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Liverpool Waters - 18th Feb 2018 10:55pm
By coincidence I came across this today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-43083262

Peel reckons there is no chance of Liverpool Waters going ahead as originally planned. Not that this is any surprise. The initial ideas shown in the glamorous pics an videos are intended to draw in the punters rather than to give any real idea of the reality behind it.
Posted By: thesilentenigma Re: Liverpool Waters - 22nd Feb 2018 3:10pm
Dunno but I was at an auction yesterday where a crappy piece of derelict land by Craven Street
went for 10 large. I wonder if he knows summat we don't?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Liverpool Waters - 23rd Feb 2018 12:26am
Originally Posted by thesilentenigma
Dunno but I was at an auction yesterday where a crappy piece of derelict land by Craven Street
went for 10 large. I wonder if he knows summat we don't?

That was a weird one, the land sold was less than half the plot. I can't see why they would split it into two parts with pretty awkward access. Perhaps they are going to build houses or units on the land sold and the other part of the plot will be a road to give access to them?

The land sold was about 15' by 110', the other half of the plot is 16' by 140'

Bramall construction used to be there, it doesn't seem to belong to the council.

It went for £16.5k in the end.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Liverpool Waters - 11th Mar 2018 6:24pm
Jackanory time if you fancy a trip to Cannes!

Attached picture DXsaSn3XcAAqArQ.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral