Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Wirral Radio Closed Down Today - 9th Feb 2018 3:18pm
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/wirral-radio-closing-down-today-14266801
Posted By: venice Re: Wirral Radio Closed Down Today - 9th Feb 2018 8:06pm
Flippping heck . Ive not even been aware of them ! Never seen any articles or adverts or anything , never heard a word . Were they mostly music or what?
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Wirral Radio Closed Down Today - 9th Feb 2018 8:35pm
I used to listen to the guy who left and went to bulgaria . The breakfast show is so amature why would you bother . Then that girl at lunchtime who can not talk sense and can not operate the mike level .

Community radio is great but when you try and think your a smaller version of radio city well it isnt going to work .

Bauer radio city are losing listeners hand over fist .

See the figures on radiotoday.co.uk
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Radio Closed Down Today - 9th Feb 2018 9:14pm
Originally Posted by venice
Flippping heck . Ive not even been aware of them ! Never seen any articles or adverts or anything , never heard a word . Were they mostly music or what?

It used to be called 7waves
Posted By: starakita Re: Wirral Radio Closed Down Today - 9th Feb 2018 10:01pm
A lot of Tranmere fans aren't happy as they were the only ones to broadcast the games home & away,especially since they went into non league.Radio Meresyside don't cover the matches like they used to if Liverpool & Everton weren't playing at the same time
Posted By: saltytom Re: Wirral Radio Closed Down Today - 10th Feb 2018 7:48am
No never heard of it.
Posted By: Bobario Re: Wirral Radio Closed Down Today - 10th Feb 2018 8:21am
I liked wirral radio, especially classic country on thursday night. Yes it was amateurish at times but what do you expect from community radio. Now I'll just have to listen to my cd's as I roll my chuck wagon to the shops.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Wirral Radio Closed Down Today - 10th Feb 2018 10:23am
I can't recall hearing about it and certainly never listened to it.

I imagine it was wall-to-wall pop music interspersed with ads which has never appealed to me much anyway
Posted By: Madge Re: Wirral Radio Closed Down Today - 10th Feb 2018 1:37pm
It was ok sometimes but that godawful Bevrley macca character and maloney wont be missed they thought they were hollywood stars
Posted By: thesilentenigma Re: Wirral Radio Closed Down Today - 14th Feb 2018 2:53pm
There was some good shows - Sunday night rock with the legendary kevin McDempster for one. However it was run in an amateurish way and I think someone like the Charity commission should be looking into the fact that executives were being paid considerable sums of money although not in the Gordon Taylor league obviously. It needs a good local investigative newspaper.....oh hang on, there isn't one. I suppose I could do it myself but I'm too busy writing SEO copy for tuppence ha'penny.
Posted By: Littlebear Re: Wirral Radio Closed Down Today - 17th Feb 2018 4:28pm
It was right on the end of the dial. Could never get clear reception. I listened to it once and it was two girls talking randomly while drinking and playing 80's music.
I thought that was good and it felt very different.
Radio City is absolutely terrible.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral Radio Closed Down Today - 17th Feb 2018 6:16pm
It seems they are being propped up to continue Tranmere Rovers live commentary, they have now also started a crowdfunder page to try and keep the station going http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/save-wirral-radio
© Wirral-Wikiwirral