Forums
Posted By: Norton Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 19th Dec 2017 7:03pm
From tonight's 'Echo...

"The chief executive of Arrowe Park hospital has quit his job with immediate effect for "personal reasons."

David Allison had been chief executive of the Wirral University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust since 2012 but said he wanted to move closer to his family in the North East."

The Arrowe Park Hospital rumor mill quotes other possible reasons, but I can't say publicly.

I have been told that it is only about two weeks ago that the Quality Care Commision inspectors made a announced visit to the Trust.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 19th Dec 2017 8:24pm
There have been a number of investigations into Wirral NHS services and they seem to peter out to a "these issues seem be being addressed now".

I always think APH keeps on throwing good money after bad. It is the centralised site that has had nothing but problems since day one. Clatterbridge had loads of land and room to expand but they've tried their best to virtually shut it down.
Posted By: granny Re: Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 19th Dec 2017 8:26pm

Didn't the previous one leave under cloud or someone did ? Can't remember the name.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 19th Dec 2017 8:44pm
Len Richards was his predecessor and was forced out after numerous criticisms internally and externally.

HR Sue Green was suspended then squeezed out.

Director of Nursing Michael Monaghan and Maria Jeffery were suspended then sacked for fiddling performance figures.

There was another but I've lost that.

Posted By: granny Re: Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 19th Dec 2017 9:22pm

Sue Green, wasn't she the wife of a Mr Green who was dismissed from WMBC ? She worked there too prior to Arrowe Park.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 19th Dec 2017 11:08pm
Originally Posted by granny

Sue Green, wasn't she the wife of a Mr Green who was dismissed from WMBC ? She worked there too prior to Arrowe Park.

David Green, Director of Technical services who was suspended and investigated but eventually cleared and made redundant.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 20th Dec 2017 9:46am
The people who SHOULD be fired are those starving the NHS of cash and privatising it by stealth. The tory government. Although a long jail term might be appropriate for dereliction of duty too!
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 20th Dec 2017 6:04pm
Think an indian or asian consultant was accused of sexual misconduct with women patients cant remember if found guilty or not....yep guilty

A top doctor at a Merseyside hospital who sexually assaulted two nurses was jailed for six years.

A&E consultant Dr Ram Manohar, 38, abused the two women while working at Wirral’s Arrowe Park Hospital in 2013.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/arrowe-park-hospital-doctor-who-9114755
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 21st Dec 2017 5:37pm
Interesting ....

Attached picture DRlKSi9XkAEL5Ln.jpg
Attached picture DRlKVyiWsAANuG4.jpg
Attached picture DRlKYHvXcAEHvxB.jpg
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 28th Feb 2018 6:22pm
Michael Carr the Chairman of Arrowe Park Hospital has resigned.

Just over a month ago Dr Palaniappan Saravanan was sacked for sexually harassing junior doctors.

The tale goes on as the NHS Improvement probe continues.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 3rd Mar 2018 5:48pm
And the new Chairman is Sir David Henshaw a man that left a great path of dis-union and controversy in Liverpool Council and has been jumping around various jobs ever since.

One of his claims to fame was throwing his teddies out the cot when Liverpool Council refused to go along with his personal tax avoidance scheme, unfortunately this led to him extracting a lot more money (above his £180,000 a year income) out the Council with a £240,000 payoff shortly after.

Chief Executive Knowlsey
Chief Executive Liverpool
CSA review Panel (£340,000 thanks very much)
Chair NHS Northwest
Chair Alder Hey NHS Trust
Interim Chair Morcambe NHS
Interim Chair Dorset NHS Trust
Chair St Georges NHS Trust (Tooting)
Posted By: venice Re: Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 3rd Mar 2018 11:07pm
So many of these appointments in Council and NHS etc ----of people who muck up the system and then keep moving on to screw up in further strategic positions. Isnt there a word for that -- Apparachiks I think. Maybe hes one of those.
It all helps to dismantle the NHS doesnt it .
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 4th Mar 2018 3:33am
The hoppers aren't all bad, there was a guy that ran Chester for a couple of years, forgotten his name now but he was good. He moved on because he is a fixer and likes fresh challenges.
Posted By: jimbob Re: Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 4th Mar 2018 4:57pm
Apart from the odd few and they are an odd few who do a good job of sorting things out then move on. I am afraid its Jobs for the Boys in the likes of the NHS and a lot of councils. Imagine how much bigger the gravy train will or would be if or when the Labour party get back in and start Nationalising lots of things
Posted By: casper Re: Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 5th Mar 2018 9:47am
Originally Posted by jimbob
Apart from the odd few and they are an odd few who do a good job of sorting things out then move on. I am afraid its Jobs for the Boys in the likes of the NHS and a lot of councils. Imagine how much bigger the gravy train will or would be if or when the Labour party get back in and start Nationalising lots of things

Do you not think that there are jobs for the boys in private industry? in the boardrooms in the workplace, believe me its no different,, If one part of a private enterprise shuts down they will make room in another part for the chosen few, at the cost of other's jobs, like cuckoo's some will get thrown out of the nest under some pretext or another.
Posted By: venice Re: Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 5th Mar 2018 11:45am
It happens in the charity sector and political parties as well, so I think you're right Casper - its everywhere.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 16th May 2018 5:13pm
And another APH incident, seems to be a complete culture problem there! https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/nurse-told-teenage-colleague-wanted-14661907
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wirral NHS Trust Boss resigns - 5th Aug 2019 8:31pm
Arrowe Park Hospital has had a real slating after an investigation into infections at the hospital. It couldn't get much worse.

https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/...superbug-infection-arrowe-park-hospital/

There are some very highly paid management there that obviously didn't earn their keep, I hope we will see them dismissed. You can't have that sort of money and not do your jobs! If you want to donate your salaries back to the NHS then that would not be unreasonable, you have been killing people!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral