Forums
Posted By: Gibbo Wallasey couple jailed for fake sickness claims - 13th Oct 2017 2:17pm
couple who were caught faking a sickness bug on Majorcan Thomas Cook holiday after boasting on Facebook of 'sun, laughter and fun' are jailed in landmark case

Deborah Briton and partner Paul Roberts tried to claim sickness compensation .But they had boasted on Facebook of holidays full of 'sun, laughter and fun'. At Liverpool Crown Court the couple were sentenced to prison for fraud. They had admitted four counts in the private prosecution which was brought by holiday company Thomas Cook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...making-fake-holiday-sickness-claims.html

I bet they didn't expect that retribution. Fools.. but I suppose they thought they were being clever !
After re-reading that article, it would probably be a cheaper option for the Travel Operators to have a mobile resident doctor on call for room visits. It would probably work out a lot cheaper for them. So,if holiday makers don't see the doc. , then no claim allowed. Simple !
VERY good idea .
Originally Posted by granny
After re-reading that article, it would probably be a cheaper option for the Travel Operators to have a mobile resident doctor on call for room visits. It would probably work out a lot cheaper for them. So,if holiday makers don't see the doc. , then no claim allowed. Simple !

On all the insurance claims I've seen and done, the claimant has to produce a doctor's sick note/report. If you aren't sick enough to need to see a doctor then surely its a trivial claim/ailment.
Ive just seen him in liscard. Mad. Looks like the sentence is a joke as usual. He knew id seen him. He looked tanned weirdly.
He looked like he didnt want to be seen. Hat coat on.
Hopefully signing on/ getting dole at king st post office......plonker. he used to work security in harvey nics liverpool one.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral