Forums
The Love Activists have taken over 50 Hamilton Square which is a grade 1 listed building and former Barclays Bank.

SOURCE
Posted By: Dilly Re: Activists Take Over Another Grade 1 Listed Bank - 10th Apr 2017 10:26pm
Activists aka freeloaders.
Apparently a supporter has written to them , pleading for the care of the building , saying please take shelter but not the **ss

Huge impact, and I don't think !

It's not as if Birkenhead is a national hot spot of identity.

Must be locals and what else would they do on a nice sunny day ? Probably the same bunch as last time.

Twits of the highest order.
Originally Posted by granny

Huge impact, and I don't think !

It's not as if Birkenhead is a national hot spot of identity.

Must be locals and what else would they do on a nice sunny day ? Probably the same bunch as last time.

Twits of the highest order.

I think you are confusing your I's with your A's Granny smile
Anymore news on this ? Have they got the snipers in place yet to take care of the great unwashed ?
I think you are biased against these thieving lowlife sc-um!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Activists Take Over Another Grade 1 Listed Bank - 12th Apr 2017 10:55am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
I think you are biased against these thieving lowlife sc-um!

Who me ? Never, can't think why you would think that smile
Passed by that way today with DD,Here are some photos.there does not seem to be any signs of life in the building,maybe gave up or removed.
Hopefully removed as they are wasting police time and money.

Attached picture P1010837-s.jpg
Attached picture P1010838-s.jpg
Attached picture P1010839-s.jpg
Attached picture P1010841-s.jpg
Attached picture P1010842-s.jpg
Its weird, there is a first floor window open which half of Birkenhead could get in through but we were outside for quite a while and not a soul was seen, no police, no idiots.
Maybe the poor things just weren't getting the attention they crave.
It's easy to pour scorn on them, but what are you doing to highlight the plight of homeless people?

The difference is Jeffrey, that most genuine people wouldn't plaster a listed building with graffiti . This was the one in Liverpool.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/957758/2.html
Originally Posted by jeffrey
It's easy to pour scorn on them, but what are you doing to highlight the plight of homeless people?

There are plenty of registered organisations that hep the homeless in a legal manner. These people would do better to get off their @rses and get a job, then maybe they could donate some money which would be a lot more helpful than what they do now. Attention seeking layabouts.

How can people be homeless? The council HAS to house anyone that is destitute by law.

If people are homeless it is mostly by lifestyle choice and the UK spends millions on pampering to their inconsiderate behaviour.

Yes, there may be some exceptions but these are few and far between.

If the activists want to do something useful all they need to do is help people get the services that are already available - but of course there are already numerous organisations that do this, these activists are just attention seeking for their own gain just like most sit-ins we have had in the past, except these are trying to justify it with an even more pitiful and manipulative excuse.
They think they're entitled to something they haven't earned, money, housing, wealth, fame. "The people on the goggle box have got it why shouldn't I?" Self entitlement is the curse of this generation.
I wonder how many of the people replying on here have had anything to do with the homeless, or actually spoken to any of the activists in Hamilton Square?

Matthew 7

Judging Others

1“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
I wonder how many of the people replying on here have had anything to do with the homeless, or actually spoken to any of the activists in Hamilton Square?

Matthew 7

Judging Others

1“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Please don't preach your beliefs, they mean absolutely nothing to me. I believe in what I see and hear !
And oh yes while on the subject of preaching! I see another priest has been banged up for kiddy fiddling. Good old religion strikes again .
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Activists Take Over Another Grade 1 Listed Bank - 14th Apr 2017 10:05am
Jeffrey....please return to planet CUCKOO immediately.
Surely the activists are judging society, so as the scriptures say, let them be judged back.
I've just thought who Jeffrey's photo looks like, David Icke, that explains it then.
Posted By: granny Re: Activists Take Over Another Grade 1 Listed Bank - 14th Apr 2017 11:14am

Jeffrey has said nothing wrong. His beliefs on how some judge others .

I like this quote by Richard Carlson.

“Something wonderful begins to happen with the simple realization that life, like an automobile, is driven from the inside out, not the other way around. As you focus more on becoming more peaceful with where you are, rather than focusing on where you would rather be, you begin to find peace right now, in the present. Then, as you move around, try new things, and meet new people, you carry that sense of inner peace with you. It's absolutely true that, "Wherever you go, there you are.”
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Activists Take Over Another Grade 1 Listed Bank - 14th Apr 2017 12:29pm
No. Nothing...your right granny.

Nor have I ....CUCKOO!!

Any opposition is not so much to do with the homeless or love activists but the breaking of the law to achieve ones aims.
Michelle Langan, who runs the Papercup project and campaigns for Liverpool's homeless has stated that she believes about 80% of Liverpool's rough sleepers are using spice.

SOURCE

Posted By: venice Re: Activists Take Over Another Grade 1 Listed Bank - 14th Apr 2017 10:33pm
Isnt the problem that the centres wont take the street sleepers in if theyre high on drugs /alcohol? They still need somewhere safe to sleep though.
Biggest need for homeless people is support for their mental health or addiction problems. Council are not obliged to house everybody destitute only certain people.ie. families and over 65's.The government are obliged to pay housing benefit to everybody destitute there is a difference. The number of mental health support workers has been halved on Wirral in the past two years and this is the area that needs addressing. The night shelter throws people out early in the morning hence the number of people hanging around the streets.
Rosie, the night shelters, although they help in one way, to my mind are something that doesn't work too well. As you say, they wander around the street from about 9am to 4pm.

I remember a number of years ago, one chap looking for somewhere to stay. He was from Birmingham, about 45yrs of age, very clean, nice guy clean shaven, in decent clothing. He'd hit hard times and been sleeping under the stars for 3 nights (not sure if that was here or somewhere else). Anyway, he ended up in the night shelter at some point, and I have never , in all my life, seen anyone go downhill so rapidly as that poor chap did. I reckon he'd got caught up with the bad guys and he looked absolutely wretched after a couple of months. The night shelter didn't do him any good at all. Very sad. I still sometimes wonder what eventually happened to him.
Originally Posted by rossie
Biggest need for homeless people is support for their mental health or addiction problems. Council are not obliged to house everybody destitute only certain people.ie. families and over 65's.The government are obliged to pay housing benefit to everybody destitute there is a difference. The number of mental health support workers has been halved on Wirral in the past two years and this is the area that needs addressing. The night shelter throws people out early in the morning hence the number of people hanging around the streets.

The council is under a legal obligation to provide emergency accommodation to ANY British Citizen (and some other nationalities) who are destitute until such time as they are either no longer destitute or they have a viable offer of longer term accommodation.

The council can name as many categories as they like but that does not remove their legal obligation.
I am sorry I disagree. I wish that you were right but they only have a duty to advise you unless you fall into certain groups. Homelessness act 2002.
Originally Posted by rossie
I am sorry I disagree. I wish that you were right but they only have a duty to advise you unless you fall into certain groups. Homelessness act 2002.

Don't mix up homelessness and being destitute they are separate entities.

Section 18 of the Care Act 2014 Part 1 makes it obligatory for Councils to look after adults from both their own local authority area as well as adults from other LA areas.

Prior to the Care Act 2014, some of the obligation was under the National Assistance Act 1948.

Children are taken care of under other legislation.
It's quite saddening to read the replies to my earlier post, according to them i'm not only mental, i'm a conspiracy theorist and a supporter of child molesting... all of this because I dare challenge a point of view.

Very sad, especially in this day and age of information available to all frown

Bye Wiki Wirral, i'd rather not associate myself with such intolerance wink
Jeffrey you don't need to leave, my reference to kiddie fiddling was not directed at you personally but at the church and all religions. We all have different opinions.
I wouldnt take such comments to heart jeffrey , at least one was aimed at unsavoury aspects of religion , not at you personally , and other ones (like David Ike one) , just the sort of blunt and teasing banter you get on forums when people are challenging each others beliefs . Everyones views are welcome here , we wouldnt have a forum worth reading,without many different and varied points of view .

Many forummers here are perhaps a little less staid, formal and serious in their approach than others,and their dark humour , takes some time to appreciate. Why dont you hang around a bit , and you'll see that seeming intolerance is balanced with humour , friendliness not to mention a bit of 'Devils Advocate' and baiting if things get too boring .
Jeffrey, why be such a defeatist and walk away from the debate? You quote the Scriptures but don't feel you want to defend your views. This is a forum and we all have different opinions and like to thrash things out on here, that's what makes it so interesting. Whether you right or wrong if you don't like being criticized and questioned on your posts then maybe Wiki is not for you.
Posted By: granny Re: Activists Take Over Another Grade 1 Listed Bank - 17th Apr 2017 10:21am
It's quite saddening to read the replies to my earlier post, according to them i'm not only mental, i'm a conspiracy theorist and a supporter of child molesting... all of this because I dare challenge a point of view.

Very sad, especially in this day and age of information available to all frown

Bye Wiki Wirral, i'd rather not associate myself with such intolerance wink

Jeffrey, don't go because already people are asking you to stay. That must mean something to you. It means you have been listened to. You should have seen some of the comments I have had about my choice of religion. Sometimes I felt like a battered fish. I don't care, because it means something to me and I'm not about to deny,just to please others. Some blame religion for a lot of things, without understanding that it it's some of the rogue people that give it a bad name and not the religion.

A bit like saying all people who live in Wallasey and Birkenhead are thugs and drug addicts living on cloud cuckoo . The very same people would not like that opinion.

All you need to do is come back and say, OK I'll stay. Then listen for the cheers and all those thugs and druggies from Birkenhead and all the pirates of Wallasey can take a running jump laugh .
Posted By: Dilly Re: Activists Take Over Another Grade 1 Listed Bank - 17th Apr 2017 10:57am
Granny I am neither a druggie or a thug ! I may be a bit of a pirate though smile. But in answer to your post I have to say I have never heard of Wallasey or Birkenhead being used for an excuse for wars and terrorism. Seems to me religion can cause a lot of suffering and I have yet to hear a good explanation of any good it does. Churches that hold more wealth than a lot of international businesses do but still beg for our coppers. I've yet to hear of any proof of your god and his lad. Religion to me is just a cult like any other. I don't say this to offend it is just my opinion. X
Posted By: venice Re: Activists Take Over Another Grade 1 Listed Bank - 17th Apr 2017 11:43am
Ha! Ha! granny, which foot did you mean to put in first?
Posted By: rossie Re: Activists Take Over Another Grade 1 Listed Bank - 17th Apr 2017 12:49pm
Hello digging, I was under the impression that Section 18 is subject to criteria in section 13
Very interested in your comments

Originally Posted by Dilly
Granny I am neither a druggie or a thug ! I may be a bit of a pirate though smile. But in answer to your post I have to say I have never heard of Wallasey or Birkenhead being used for an excuse for wars and terrorism. Seems to me religion can cause a lot of suffering and I have yet to hear a good explanation of any good it does. Churches that hold more wealth than a lot of international businesses do but still beg for our coppers. I've yet to hear of any proof of your god and his lad. Religion to me is just a cult like any other. I don't say this to offend it is just my opinion. X

So you admit yourself that religion is used as an excuse for wars.

How do you know the Churches beg for our coppers ? You don't go to Church. Do you give your coppers to charities ?

For someone with very strong views there are no answers. It's something you would have to find for yourself. For those who understand, no explanation is needed, for those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Lollipop, that was exactly the intention, and both feet ! laugh
Granny you need to look again, it was Venice that asked that question and not Lollipop ! .No I don't give my coppers to charity but I have had a standing order with the northwest air ambulance for a good few years,at least I know where that money is being spent.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Activists Take Over Another Grade 1 Listed Bank - 17th Apr 2017 4:26pm
Granny... Not like you to slip up. Were on you like vultures.

Iam the one who said...CUCKOO!! Granny CUCKOO . .lol
Sorry lollipop !

Our Church supports many charities,including Homeless,The Ark, poverty, and the Mercy Ships ( medical care to the poorest in this world).Currently supporting Mission partners that includes Lebanon, Argentina, Falcon camps (disadvantaged young people), •Neema Children’s Home caring for HIV/AIDS orphans in Eldoret, Kenya, •Barnabas Fund, supporting the suffering church across the world (including the Christians in the trouble zones of the Middle East) , Tear Fund, •A Rocha, a Christian environmental and nature conservation movement.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Activists Take Over Another Grade 1 Listed Bank - 17th Apr 2017 4:51pm
Ermmmmmm!! ........Forgiven x
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Activists Take Over Another Grade 1 Listed Bank - 17th Apr 2017 4:56pm
Ah Jeffrey!! I've seen you've took the huff!!!

It gets you know where, iam always doing it on here, Ive fallen in and out of love with everyone at some point, I will list them if you want..lol

Love Activists have left Hamilton Square and have now nested in Cole Street Primary School which has been closed for about 6 years.

Whilst I consider this much better than attacking Grade 1 listed buildings that are OUR heritage I would still abhor any damage they cause.
It's one of them, if they just moved in to an empty house and took care if it how does this get their point across?

It's like the people who are against fracking, motorways or windfarms, they hold up traffic, waste police time do more damage than good and most of them look like swampy, yet they don't get called down.

The government has said they need to make more houses because they don't have any that's why we have got the bedroom tax, so where are all these houses that the council give to the homeless? Remember you are only one pay pack from being homeless wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral