Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 9:39pm
Lot of rumours on large bang that just happened.

Train fell off Bebbington bridge is rife.

Sounded like a large firework or perhaps electrical cable blown to me. Not heard any emergency sirens around.
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 9:43pm
Earth tremor, not a rumour all my neighbours outside scratching their heads.
Posted By: TheComebackKid Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 9:44pm
I live in Tranmere and there has been loads of sirens going along Church rd...not sure what has happened but all my windows shook like hell.........>>>>>>>>>>>

I just heard that its been posted on FaceBook that a chippie has blown up, don't know where though
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 9:44pm
People heard the sound from Birkenhead to Heswall to Ellesmere Port. So far heard that it was a train hitting the petrol station at The Oval and a chinese takeaway going boom in New Ferry. Wonder what it will be next.

Could have been a sonic boom from a military jet.

EDIT: It's the old Connexions building in New Ferry, seen pictures, its obliterated.
Posted By: Habdab Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 9:49pm
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 9:52pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Connexions in New Ferry
Posted By: cools Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 9:58pm
Still shaking myself. My god looking at the pics the whole building has gone. Hope nobody hurt.
Posted By: ianbx1 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 10:04pm
I'm all the way down in Woodchurch and I thought the baby had fallen in the room upstairs it was that loud here. When I checked he was fast asleep. GOD knows how loud it must have been locally !!!!!
Posted By: starakita Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 10:10pm
It was the connexions job centre whole lot gone loads of blue light action.
Posted By: cools Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 10:11pm
Wasent that a furniture shop, very recently opened?
Posted By: TheComebackKid Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 10:18pm
It was the old Lloyds bank
Posted By: granny Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 10:18pm
Heard it in Thingwall. The house shook. I hope no one has been injured.

Son said it was a row of shops.There again, not sure where he heard that, so it maybe a grapevine thing.
Posted By: venice Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 10:21pm
Heard in Neston too . Amazing the theories flying round ! Ive heard it was a dance studio, then a petrol station , then just a sonic boom -- Just hope no-one was inside the building.
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 10:23pm
that building was the old coop years ago
Posted By: granny Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 10:28pm
https://twitter.com/AndyBonnerITV

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dilly Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 10:29pm
Just on BBC news, suspected gas leak .
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 10:33pm
Before and after

[Linked Image]
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 10:39pm
same here in Irby Granny. Kids heard it. Fire brigade say they were responding to a gas leak...I hope they didn't arrive at the wrong moment.
Posted By: granny Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 10:46pm

Someone on social media said they heard it in Flint. I too hope that none of the fire brigade arrived at the wrong time. There again, there must have numerous people around at that time of night. Gives you the shivers to think !
Posted By: granny Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 10:53pm

Dozens of people been injured

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...d-across-wirral-reports-could-have-come/
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 10:54pm
I wonder what ignited the gas leak, hopefully it wasn't someone in the building. It takes over 600 centigrade to ignite, a hot lightbulb or similar wouldn't be enough.
Posted By: starakita Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 10:57pm
we thought it was the garage opposite plessington at first,could see smoke but it must have been dust from the collapsing building
Posted By: granny Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 11:01pm
on bbc news channel. coming up
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 11:04pm
So why on earth have they deployed a helicopter? Are they hoping to arrest flying debris and take it in for questioning, or is it just high-ranking cops rubbernecking?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 11:05pm
Alison McGovern probably doesn't see her hypocrisy

Originally Posted by Alison McGovern
"Am on the scene in New Ferry. A very serious situation. Please stay away if you can, let emergency services do their job."
Posted By: starakita Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 11:06pm
I'm just wondering why the helicopter is out
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 11:06pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator
So why on earth have they deployed a helicopter? Are they hoping to arrest flying debris and take it in for questioning, or is it just high-ranking cops rubbernecking?

Thermal imaging for any hot beds of fire or cold beds of gas leak?

Or warm bodies?
Posted By: Dilly Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 11:11pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Alison McGovern probably doesn't see her hypocrisy

Originally Posted by Alison McGovern
"Am on the scene in New Ferry. A very serious situation. Please stay away if you can, let emergency services do their job."

She could be there for some other legitimate reason DD.
Posted By: starakita Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 11:24pm
her office is in New Ferry & it's part of her constituancy
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 11:33pm
Originally Posted by starakita
her office is in New Ferry & it's part of her constituancy
Its quite a distance from the site of the explosion, if all the shop traders started milling around it would be a fine mess.

One of our WikiWirral members was interviewed by Andy Gill at Granada Reports earlier.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 11:50pm
Just wondering when Isis will claim responsibility.
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 25th Mar 2017 11:52pm
Just left the scene after being in risa spice and tending to the injured staff and customers from llanos. They took the blow from the furniture dance studio that blew up. Many injured from shards of glass and blows to the head from flying debris . Full credit to the emergency services who came from far and wide warrington ambulance for one and the paramedics who dealt with everyone efficently . Plus the many volunteers who got chairs blankets water .

Structurally many of the buildings are damaged lots of broken glass so avoid the area and let people do their job.

We where in llanos last night so there but for the grace of god go i.
Not quite my time yet.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 26th Mar 2017 12:06am
Well done mate thumbsup
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 26th Mar 2017 12:11am
starting to sound a bit more serious than those couple of early photos show. Not good if bricks and stuff have gone as far in the other directions where the shops are. Lets hope no serious injuries but I doubt it ..
Posted By: venice Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 26th Mar 2017 12:14am
That didnt exactly fit in with Planet Earth hour , with all the flood lights and cement dust pollution etc . Ironic.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 26th Mar 2017 12:39am
Originally Posted by Dilly
Just wondering when Isis will claim responsibility.

Probably as soon as they figure out where New Ferry even is.
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 26th Mar 2017 7:32am
So post incident an update

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1345652615527552&id=543575159068639&__tn__=%2As

I wont dwell on the people fighting in the street while injured lay on the pavement or the hundreds of kids running amoke last night.

This is now an ample opportunity to level the area like they fid to blacon .

Money better spent than on a golf course.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 26th Mar 2017 7:47am
BBC news this morning report more than 30 injured, 2 being seriously injured.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 26th Mar 2017 9:02am
About 20 or thirty people injured enough to go to hospital for treatment. Two are said to be seriously injured. There are people living quite close by, and I expect flying glass will have caused many of the injuries.

Let's hope they all make a full recovery.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 26th Mar 2017 3:35pm
buildings dont just blow up?

what ignited it for a start??
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 26th Mar 2017 11:16pm
National Grid have got some explaining to do. Numerous reports to them of the smell of gas in that vicinity and their emergency personnel checked within 24 hours of the explosion and didn't detect anything, their statement says "There are no indications that any of these reports were connected to yesterday’s explosion"

ITV have made a claim that there were children in the dance studio one hour before the explosion which would appear highly unlikely.
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 27th Mar 2017 10:50am
3 bodies in the the coop funeral parlour.
Posted By: cools Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 27th Mar 2017 2:34pm
Never thought of that, poor relatives have to grieve all over again.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 27th Mar 2017 3:31pm
I said as much to Rudebox yesterday ...Very Shocked at the news .
Posted By: granny Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 27th Mar 2017 7:08pm
National Grid have got some explaining to do. Numerous reports to them of the smell of gas in that vicinity and their emergency personnel checked within 24 hours of the explosion and didn't detect anything, their statement says "There are no indications that any of these reports were connected to yesterday’s explosion"

ITV have made a claim that there were children in the dance studio one hour before the explosion which would appear highly unlikely.

My son who lived in Port Sunlight for a couple of years says there was always a smell of gas in and around that vacinity of road.
He also has relayed the actions of his friend who lives around the corner from the incident .
Immediately after the 'boom' he went straight outside and took photos. He said it was the strangest thing as there was just rubble and not a sign fire or of smoke or dust, or anything, just rubble everywhere and lamp posts down .

Very strange .

Posted By: starakita Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 27th Mar 2017 7:24pm
Originally Posted by granny

My son who lived in Port Sunlight for a couple of years says there was always a smell of gas in and around that vacinity of road.
He also has relayed the actions of his friend who lives around the corner from the incident .
Immediately after the 'boom' he went straight outside and took photos. He said it was the strangest thing as there was just rubble and not a sign fire or of smoke or dust, or anything, just rubble everywhere and lamp posts down .

Very strange .

We saw what we thought was smoke but it was dust from the building collapsing.We're on the Dacre estate,this was when we thought it was the garage.It looked closer than it actually was.
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 27th Mar 2017 7:46pm
Methane build up then not plumbed gas. As for people smelling gas that was probable one of the many skunk smokers infesting the area.
Posted By: starakita Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 27th Mar 2017 8:08pm
Originally Posted by pacef8
Methane build up then not plumbed gas. As for people smelling gas that was probable one of the many skunk smokers infesting the area.
That was what someone else said on the radio today could be a build up of methane gas not piped gas
Posted By: granny Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 27th Mar 2017 8:51pm

Are there any tunnels under New Ferry area ?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 27th Mar 2017 8:59pm
As ste said what caused the gas of any kind to explode in an open environment? Had thought about a frost stat on boiler kicking in or a pilot light . The kids inside an hour before story does seem odd because one would expect them to have smelt gas unless perhaps it was in adjacent building. They seemed quick to suggest no fatalities even before the sniffer dogs were around.
Insurance jobby?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 27th Mar 2017 9:01pm
Originally Posted by granny

Are there any tunnels under New Ferry area ?

Building seems to have blown out rather than up which possibly suggests it was inside rather than under. But could be wrong.
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 28th Mar 2017 6:44pm
Speculation now is was sabotage in the furniture shop .
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 28th Mar 2017 7:27pm
very strong smell of gas around clatterbridge roundabout this morning. Load of roadworks cones so maybe they have hit a main.
Posted By: keef666 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 1st Apr 2017 7:52am
Heard on the local radio yesterday, and saying they hope the Government help with the rebuilding of the area, surely this is down to the insurance companies paying up and not asking tax payers to coff up once again.
Unless of course this was the plan all along?
Posted By: venice Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 1st Apr 2017 8:03am
'plan'? Not quite sure what part of the situation you're referring to?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 1st Apr 2017 7:33pm
Live footage from The Cleveland Arms pub last week.
Posted By: cools Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 1st Apr 2017 8:33pm
That was interesting to watch Rude, thought they would have been blown off the stage as it's only a few doors down from the blast. Like the reassuring voice in the background telling everybody to move, ha. It must have been very scary for them all though.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 5th May 2017 5:55pm
Ten of the New Ferry buildings may be demolished, these are between between 56 and 74 Bebington Road.

1 to 9 Underley Terrace, 2-8 Boundary Road and 45-55 Bebington Road are to be repaired.
Posted By: Wally1 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 17th May 2017 12:16pm
Two men arrested in connection with this according to BBC...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-39948613
Posted By: Dilly Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 17th May 2017 12:58pm
That pair will be in for a large portion of porridge.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 17th May 2017 4:15pm
It seems a very strange target for an arson type event but as the charge includes "conspiring" it would seem to be intentional?
Posted By: cools Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 17th May 2017 4:27pm
Me thinks the furniture shop??
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 17th May 2017 7:22pm
Originally Posted by cools

Mrs Peacock in the furniture shop with the gas pipe whistle
Posted By: granny Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 17th May 2017 8:14pm
Originally Posted by cools

Mrs Peacock in the furniture shop with the gas pipe whistle

raftl
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 17th May 2017 8:48pm
" your only supposed to blow the bloody doors off"
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 19th May 2017 1:18pm
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Originally Posted by fish5133
" your only supposed to blow the bloody doors off"

Sounds about right up to now. You never know though eh? It'll all come out in the wash. Just glad nobody was killed and that lad who helped showed that not all people up here are bad 'uns. oldman
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 7th Jul 2017 4:24pm
One of those arrested with regard to the New Ferry Explosion has been cleared, two others are still being investigated.

SOURCE
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 7th Jul 2017 5:58pm
Speaking with someone involved daily with the aftermath .they understand some of those arrested had previous form although never proven..Also no gas leak had been detected by gas board but their was apparently an odd smell which may have been confused with gas.
All very odd.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 14th Oct 2019 9:18pm
Pascal Blasio found guilty in the New Ferry explosion trial https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-49999308
Posted By: europa1 Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 22nd Nov 2019 5:15am
I think we should show respect to the young man critically injured and his family and stop the 'social gossiping' the nature of which has destroyed Wikiwirral for normal people.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Boom : New Ferry Explosion - 22nd Nov 2019 10:08am
"social gossiping"? You do realise nobody has posted much on this thread for years?

Aside from DD's completely impartial and trustworthy BBC news link last month there's not been a post since July 2017.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral