Forums
Posted By: granny Lance Corporal Victory - 12th Mar 2017 10:43am
My name is Lance/Corporal VICTORY and I am the latest edition to the team at the City of Liverpool Royal British Legion. I was born on 08th May 2014.

[img]https://scontent.fman2-1.fna.fbcdn....d348dac72fa3e4b45501a0b7&oe=59336793[/img]

DEATH OF LANCE CORPORAL VICTORY

It is my sad duty to inform you that Lance Corporal Victory passed away in his field today approx 1300hrs. (yesterday)

Victory literally passed in minutes and according to the vet there was nothing that could be done to save him or could have prevented him from dying. An extremely tragic turn of circumstances for a happy healthy horse.

Through the diligence of John and Jean at the Stork Inn and surrounding neighbours, Victory got to spend the last few moments with his beloved owner and virtually hung on so that she could be with him during his dying breaths.

We are absolutely shocked and devastated at the City of Liverpool Royal British Legion - he was extremely loved by all.

Attached picture 17155269_1946508138913065_6998116069784110282_n.jpg
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Lance Corporal Victory - 13th Mar 2017 12:06am
To his credit, Lance Cpl Victory didn't have any choice in the role he was forced into.

Like anyone else, I'm sorry he's dead, but to pretend he had the ethos of the British Armed Forces at heart - as implied - is pure bollocks. His interests - perfectly reasonably - were likely food and sex, and who can blame him for this. He is a horse, not a squaddie.

I get increasingly fed up with these tasteful 'remembrance' services which are really recruiting exercises for young men -and women - who are essentially just cannon fodder for politicians.

It is interesting that those actually involved in the fighting are far less patriotic than those at home enthused with defeating 'the enemy'. The real enemy is not the Germans, or the Russians or indeed IS. It is war itself.

Posted By: granny Re: Lance Corporal Victory - 13th Mar 2017 8:46am

Just for the record Ex. and in case you don't understand, Lance Corporal Victory was a miniature horse and the mascot for Liverpool Branch of the Royal British Legion.

He was loved by many.

Maybe you should contact the Royal British Legion and tell their members what you have just told us here on Wiki.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral