Forums
Big police incident causing M53 to be closed in both directions between J2(Upton) and J3(Woodchurch).

SOURCE
sounds very much like what happened a month or so ago that caused traffic chaos in the area..
Just heard on morning tv that a man's body was found on the motorway. Sad.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: M53 closed in both directions between J2 and J3 - 10th Feb 2017 10:16am
Details:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/m53-closure-set-last-hours-12584227

Its a fine line between being ok mentally and not being ok.

Nearly 40 years ago I found myself in a situation that affected my mental state and rationale. Suicide had crossed my mind as a way out-- mercifully the thoughts about how it would have hurt my parents and brothers and sisters provided the safety net. Looking back in hindsight it was really making a mountain out of the mole hill. A situation millions have been in and deal with it without too much problem.

We don't know in this instance if it was some poor soul struggling with mental problems or someone ridden with guilt and shame.

Don't understand why they are saying motorway will not open till afternoon. Do they leave the body there till they can contact next of kin?

Posted By: Wally1 Re: M53 closed in both directions between J2 and J3 - 10th Feb 2017 12:13pm
Highways Agency now saying closed until 18:15.
Now saying closed until 20:15
Now midnight!
Originally Posted by Wally1
Now midnight!

From Highways Agency map - it now looks as if
M53 is reopened but still some congestion
J 3-4.
There was a breakdown in the middle of all the traffic jams, full marks for all the people that honked their horns instead of getting out and helping to push the car out of the way of a main single lane ambulance route.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral