Forums
Posted By: goodoldphil Sir Ken Dodd (Doddy) - 31st Dec 2016 8:01pm
I would just like to congratulate Ken Dodd on his Knighthood.I think it is long overdue, and even allowing for his run in with the Inland Revenue he should have had it years ago in recognition of his outstanding career and contributions to charity. So well done Sir Ken. thumbsup thumbsup
Posted By: granny Re: Sir Ken Dodd (Doddy) - 1st Jan 2017 1:34am
I second that. Long overdue ! He seemed to get stuck at the bottom of the pile, poor old chap.
Good luck and congrats to him.
Posted By: casper Re: Sir Ken Dodd (Doddy) - 1st Jan 2017 8:27am
And me granny, met him on the train station in Crewe years ago, I said to him where you off to Doddy, going to London to pay your taxes, he laughed, we sat with him on the train all the way down, seemed a genuine funny nice caring bloke, well deserved.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Sir Ken Dodd (Doddy) - 1st Jan 2017 10:31am
I suppose with all the celeb deaths last year they thought they better give him it.
My lad served him in Holland and Barrat and while he was fumbling amongst his credit cards my lad quipped "pick a card--any card" Miserable sod didnt think it funny!
Agree its about time he got it.
Posted By: cools Re: Sir Ken Dodd (Doddy) - 1st Jan 2017 11:44am
I'm afraid he's not my cup of tea.If he comes on I turn off. The thought of being trapped in a theatre listening to him would be torture for me personally, but I appreciate many people love him and he deserves recognition all the years he's been around.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Sir Ken Dodd (Doddy) - 1st Jan 2017 12:07pm
Originally Posted by cools
I'm afraid he's not my cup of tea.If he comes on I turn off. The thought of being trapped in a theatre listening to him would be torture for me personally, but I appreciate many people love him and he deserves recognition all the years he's been around.

I didn't want to say that.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral