Forums

Wirral council has agreed to hand over Byrne Avenue Baths to community trust

click here...
This will be interesting to watch thought it was way beyond repair, great if it reopens. It looks so sad almost derelict. Good luck to all concerned.
Good luck to them, never thought anyone would be aspirational enough to consider re-opening the pool(s) again.

I hope the council doesn't swing a curved ball at them like happened last time.
WikiWirral went for a look around there 2011 and took pics

click for visit

If it's the same people who let us in then that have it now - congratulation and hope it becomes a success
Where has the council firestarter gone .
Who on the council board has retired that has been blocking this then
I remember swimming there as a kid, and going to "The Skates" when they covered the pool with a wooden floor and allowed roller skating. The place was packed.
Good luck to them.
Good luck to them. The building looks to me to need a LOT of money spent on it, and I can't see it ever being popular as a swimming pool again. People are a lot more mobile now than they were when it was in its heyday, and can prefer to go to pools with slides and wave machines and all the rest of it.

I would think demolishing it and replacing it with a really good community centre would be a better plan. Nostalgia is not a good reason to preserve it, at least in it original state.

Probably, the council is getting rid of a big problem, and dumping it on these enthusiastic people. I can't see our council coughing up much money to help them either. What will probably eventually happen is that they will fail, and the building will be demolished and the land used for housing, which will be a pity. It certainly should be used as some form of community resource.
If you go on my YouTube put in maicobike1 there's some videos on how it looks inside now
great news i wish them well smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral