Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Local Elections May 5th - 8th Apr 2016 11:15am
Local Councillor nominees are HERE

PCC candidates are HERE

Absolutely no idea which PCC I will vote for. Jane Kennedy has done a reasonable job but it could be bettered by the right person, if there is one.

A bit undecided on councillor, too many of current labour group have lost the plot so its probably looking like I'm voting green - but I'm not ruling out UKIP yet.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Local Elections May 5th - 8th Apr 2016 2:55pm
LABOUR HAVE TO GO!!!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Local Elections May 5th - 8th Apr 2016 3:57pm
Originally Posted by DeanoBirko
LABOUR HAVE TO GO!!!

Labour need to be there, the current crowd of pseudo-labourites need kicking out.

We at last have a labour leader in the country and all these false effigies of Labour are kicking up a stink.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Local Elections May 5th - 1st May 2016 8:30am
Today we enter the week including these local elections and all we have had so far is the poll card. Absolutely nothing from anybody else. Most unusual.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Local Elections May 5th - 1st May 2016 10:40am
Originally Posted by Salmon
Today we enter the week including these local elections and all we have had so far is the poll card. Absolutely nothing from anybody else. Most unusual.

No need for the Tories to leaflet as they have beaten Labour and other parties to the punch by their front pages advert in the Wirral Globe (I wonder how much that cost them)which coming so close to the election doesn't give any of the other parties a chance to put their views across.

Also the row over anti semitism and the way it's been blown up by the media to take our eyes off Tory issues.

Wirral Globe click
Posted By: cools Re: Local Elections May 5th - 1st May 2016 11:17am
Conservatives really can stand back and do nothing as this labour is doing all their work for them. What a shambles! Until you get rid of Corbyn and elect a believable leader the party is doomed in my opinion.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Local Elections May 5th - 1st May 2016 11:46am
Be honest, they're all crap. thumbsdown
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Local Elections May 5th - 1st May 2016 12:42pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot

Think that's one of those generalisations we apply to certain professions (tax collectors, traffic wardens, ciggy police etc ...

Personally not bothered which "party" gets in as long as they do a good job----and there maybe is the problem--its the "party politics" and squabbling that hinder good job being done.

At present its a poison chalice with no money.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Local Elections May 5th - 1st May 2016 1:28pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot

Pretty much so.
Posted By: cools Re: Local Elections May 5th - 1st May 2016 1:58pm
ye agreed but we have to have someone. Watching JC before on news at mayday rally, saying Nhs in crisis, housing crisis etc but we surely know that a contributory factor to this is the influx of immigrants and the population increase. He is saying one thing then saying let the immigrants come as many as want to. Doesn't make sense to me....
Posted By: chriskay Re: Local Elections May 5th - 1st May 2016 3:28pm
Long may Corbyn survive. With him as leader, we'll never have another Labour government.
Posted By: starakita Re: Local Elections May 5th - 1st May 2016 7:09pm
I've only had one leaflet from the Labour party,nothing from any other.Got my 18 yr old able to vote for the first time how can he make a choice without seeing what the parties policies are going to be.Wouldn't even think there was an election on there's not been much about it,no wonder the young can't be bothered.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Local Elections May 5th - 1st May 2016 9:31pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
Long may Corbyn survive. With him as leader, we'll never have another Labour government.
thumbsup
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Local Elections May 5th - 1st May 2016 11:11pm
Interesting turn up for the books, prospective conservative candidate for Merseyside PCC David Burgess-Joyce who is currently a Wirral Councillor was sacked by the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) for gross misconduct in 2013.

There are calls for him to withdraw from election and resign as Councillor.

SOURCE
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Local Elections May 5th - 5th May 2016 11:53am
Don't forget to go and vote today 5th May.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Local Elections May 5th - 5th May 2016 5:09pm
Vote lines close at 10pm all votes after this time will be made up and will go to the person with the most money or dirt on others, you'll never see your pm other than on TV for taking more money than they need, wink
Posted By: starakita Re: Local Elections May 5th - 5th May 2016 5:27pm
This year seems to have been quiet on the election front,we've got 5 candidates in our ward I think but no communications off them bar one,so how are we supposed to vote when they havn't said what they are prepared to do if they get in.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Local Elections May 5th - 5th May 2016 7:31pm
Only leaflets I've seen are about the EU

All my candidates don't even live in my ward
It's only DD'S first post that tell me who's who
I've noticed some of them have moved to a different ward from previous one they stood in

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Local Elections May 5th - 5th May 2016 7:49pm
Less volunteers these days, most leafleting is only done in targeted marginal seats.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Local Elections May 5th - 5th May 2016 9:21pm
We only had two candidates. Labour and Tory.

Did get a Labour leaflet a couple of weeks ago. New candidate....no track record but dous live local.

Our polling station was very quiet. Interested to learn the turn out.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Local Elections May 5th - 6th May 2016 12:21am
UKIP are picking up a few seats so far which I wasn't particularly expecting.
Posted By: palemoon Re: Local Elections May 5th - 6th May 2016 10:41am
Looks like Labour have appeared to have held their own in the locals but suffered in Scotland. If this trend is maintained at the general election, I am I correct in thinking that Labour would have no chance of getting into power because of the Scottish results, which used to play a big part in the Labour figures? And, if this is the case would it mean that Labour will never again get into power as long as they keep losing votes to the SNP? The evil Tories must be laughing their evil socks off. They will be able to do whatever they like without any fear of losing power.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Local Elections May 5th - 6th May 2016 12:07pm
If labour altered their stance on Europe they would wipe the rest out.

Some areas of Scotland are starting to get wary of SNP, it still doesn't make sense that SNP want to be out the UK but in Europe???
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Local Elections May 5th - 6th May 2016 12:34pm
Congratulations to Stuart Kelly in the Oxton ward. Nobody does more for that area, or keeps in touch, than the Lib Dems.

I'm not nationally a Lib Dem, but proud to vote and support them locally.
Posted By: Samsamsam Re: Local Elections May 5th - 7th May 2016 1:16pm
At least I know that since I was one of the 35% who actually bothered to vote, I can say what I like about the Council. If anyone complains about them to me - I will enjoy asking 'did you bother then?'
© Wirral-Wikiwirral