Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper More Cuts to Ferries - 16th Dec 2015 6:15pm
20 year plan for the Mersey Ferries has come out with even more cuts to the service and possible replacement vessels.

SOURCE
Posted By: granny Re: More Cuts to Ferries - 16th Dec 2015 7:53pm
That doesn't surprise. It will be Woodside to go,as commuters use Seacombe ,mostly. Free car park.

Peel also have a twenty year plan ! Haven't read this but I vaguely remember there was something about Peel operating a ferry across the Mersey or up and down the Mersey. Quite a long time ago now. There might be mention of it in this link

http://peelports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Consultation-Draft.pdf

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: More Cuts to Ferries - 16th Dec 2015 8:08pm
Mersey Ferries are basically saying they are going to dump the commuters and concentrate on the leisure market.

Peel are gradually doing to Wirral what they have a reputation for doing in other areas, getting themselves in a position of power then using the power to manipulate local councils. The amount of land they own on Wirral is wrong. They could close down Cammell Laird's like they almost did once before.
Posted By: granny Re: More Cuts to Ferries - 16th Dec 2015 8:30pm
Well, I hope that's right because they ran Woodside down in preference to Seacombe, not so many years ago.

They have said commuter numbers are falling from Seacombe. They didn't get any at Woodside , so stopped the service years ago.

Seacombe had a fortune spent on it, with upgrading and the Planetarium etc. and they have also spent a fortune on upgrading various ferries for the 'cruises' over the years, so don't what they are wriggling about now. Snowdrop ,I think is more open, and was adapted to be suitable for the Manchester Cruises.

Ever decreasing circles !

One wonders how they would get around the King John Charter , saying there would always be a passage from Woodside to Liverpool, but I believe there is a loophole or get out clause somewhere. (Of course , Liverpool tried to claim that little crown for themselves. They had something about it at the old terminal. We could see it from where the ferry docked)
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: More Cuts to Ferries - 16th Dec 2015 10:50pm
Starting on 23.9 in Tredagar, South Wales a group called #walkingthebreadline (also people from Newcastle, London etc. started marching to Manchester, for the Evil Ones Conf. on the 4th

They arrived in Wirral on 30/9 and the second leg continued from West Kirby on the 1st October.

EVERY non-local person I spoke too were besides themselves with excitement about travelling to Liverpool on the Ferry! Hilight of the trip, they said. 'Been looking to this for days' they said.

Would have put pics up but lappy being an arse atm.....

I like to get the Ferry home from Liverpool as it drops me to my door and transport between Birkenhead and Seacombe is bloody awful.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral