Forums
The Wallasey woman , until recently a headteacher at a Liverpool Primary school has been banned for keeping animals for life , fined £1000 and a given a 3 mth suspended sentence for allowing her 17yr old Westie to suffer over months. Hugely matted faeces covered fur, overgrown nails, emaciated , ear infection,ulcers etc etc. £1000 is nothing to a retired teacher ! Her defence - her own health problems prevented her from lifting the dog!
She also lost her job as well. Astounds me how sentimental we can be over pets yet we can tear and poison the unborn child to death for convenience.
But this thread is about pets fish, not human babies . Surely you agree she has acted abysmally inhumanely and unforgivably ?
Originally Posted by venice
But this thread is about pets fish, not human babies . Surely you agree she has acted abysmally inhumanely and unforgivably ?

Certainly just like women who kill their babies for convenience. However in both cases imo its forgiveable in the sense of forgiveness.
Yikes! Dodgy ground this- comparing animal abusers with women who have abortions!

The article said she was sacked = no pension so £1000 fine is quite a bit. I agree with Rude it gets dodgy to compare things which aren't 'like for like'.

We all have our own ideas of what is 'fair' and we should express them without distaining what other people consider just or unjust.
Capt A , is it a certainty she lost her pension ? I didnt think an unrelated 'offence' outside work would trigger that ?

I agree that abortion is much better discussed in a separate thread , you cant really compare animal cruelty and human abortion in a satisfactory way.
In very few cases does sacking lose you your pension in the UK.
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
In very few cases does sacking lose you your pension in the UK.

Yes Id be really surprised if she has (but pleased )
TV report tonight says she resigned ,if true, I think she might lose any benefits attached to it like life cover , and her employer wont be paying in ,but she will keep her actual pension , so £5k would have been more just in my book.
If you cant even look after a dog (that was denied as existing at first) on a heads salary 50/60k a yr , ive got no sympathy..
People on the dole & on the street care for dogs easily. Its not hard.
Apparently her house is in a state like someone who cant look after themselves. Enviromental health have been there.
The poor dog.
All cruelty comes from weakness as the saying goes.
Shes prob resigned to keep her pension.sacking or req to resign choice.

The good old walking stick defence - incapable of walking a dog but capable of commuting from Wallasey to Wavertree every day and carrying out her duties as a headteacher.

Ofsted have repeatedly criticised "senior leadership" at her school. Despite older reports being ok up to 2010, the 2014 inspection wasn't and there have been two follow up inspections since then.
There was no need for the animal to suffer.There is help out there,
For once I'm lost for words !
I know that this is a minority view but it is strange her school has gone down over last 4 years wonder if she is developing dementia.It would be interesting to know when she stopped caring for the poor animal. It must have been cared for over the years.
Originally Posted by fish5133

Certainly just like women who kill their babies for convenience. However in both cases imo its forgiveable in the sense of forgiveness.

I'm very much against animal abuse but I have to say fish has hit it on the nail here.

Well said fish.
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Originally Posted by fish5133

I'm very much against animal abuse but I have to say fish has hit it on the nail here.

Well said fish.
What would you do if you were in her shoes?
You pay into your pension, you're not given it.
Originally Posted by DavidB
You pay into your pension, you're not given it.
Not strictly true, both the government and the employer normally donate into your pension fund as well.

Some pension are/were non-contributory especially in public office.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral