Forums
Posted By: ludwigvan Football parasites. - 25th Nov 2015 9:46am
Today, George Osborne is expected to announce cuts of £12bn to the welfare budget, this is on top of slashing the amount of money given to councils from central government thereby drastically reducing their ability to provide essential services to the old, sick and vulnerable. Also today, Everton FC ( home to multi millionaire footballers) have announced that they need council financial backing to help them bulld a new football stadium. If this wasn't so appalling it would be amusing.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Football parasites. - 25th Nov 2015 11:33am
The overall vision for the park includes 1,000 new homes and 30,000 square metres of leisure, retail and restaurant space.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Football parasites. - 25th Nov 2015 11:57am
If it is treated as an investment and the council gets dosh back with a load of interest then fair enough. There are lots of "investments" going on with tax payers money which are nothing of the sort. It's funny the way the language can be twisted by politicians.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Football parasites. - 25th Nov 2015 12:07pm
Council tax is going to be raised by 2%.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Football parasites. - 25th Nov 2015 8:56pm
I see you've kept the tax credits though lud??? that's what you wanted wasn't it?? we don't have them here in the republic, but they seemed to be what keeps most families afloat there.

annoying about the football,that I do agree ..
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Football parasites. - 25th Nov 2015 9:46pm
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
Today, George Osborne is expected to announce cuts of £12bn to the welfare budget, this is on top of slashing the amount of money given to councils from central government thereby drastically reducing their ability to provide essential services to the old, sick and vulnerable. Also today, Everton FC ( home to multi millionaire footballers) have announced that they need council financial backing to help them bulld a new football stadium. If this wasn't so appalling it would be amusing.
Got £12B for war though.... L.A services to be cut by 50%....N.H.S bursaries gone
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Football parasites. - 25th Nov 2015 9:52pm
Originally Posted by lollipop
I see you've kept the tax credits though lud??? that's what you wanted wasn't it?? we don't have them here in the republic, but they seemed to be what keeps most families afloat there.

annoying about the football,that I do agree ..
Just a 'softener', along with Tampon Tax going to charity (anybody else feel awkward about funding women who bleed (un-naturally) with taxes paid by women who bleed as an act of nature) and Workfare as we know it being jibbed!!!!

Nah!!! There is a Big Fat Rat yet to be revealed by the Coked Up One!!!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Football parasites. - 25th Nov 2015 10:10pm
Ban all footballers being paid over £25k a year!
Posted By: philmch Re: Football parasites. - 25th Nov 2015 10:43pm
Originally Posted by Salmon
The overall vision for the park includes 1,000 new homes and 30,000 square metres of leisure, retail and restaurant space.

Strange isn't it that an association football club with debts of £28 million* can decide it's going to help itself to a park paid for by the public of Liverpool and the city council will help them out too. What exactly is wrong with Goodison Park ? Looks fine to me. As indeed does Walton Hall Park which is best off left alone.

*http://tinyurl.com/nfxq5xk
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Football parasites. - 25th Nov 2015 10:50pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Ban all footballers being paid over £25k a year!
Good idea Ste, especially when you consider that a lot of footballers earn much more in a week than a heart surgeon earns in a year, that can't be right can it?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral