Forums
Posted By: palemoon Who is this clown? - 18th Oct 2015 9:10pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-34567216
Posted By: venice Re: Who is this clown? - 18th Oct 2015 10:22pm
Yet another unhinged bod wandering around. Wonderful.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Who is this clown? - 18th Oct 2015 10:28pm
Not a lover of police tasers but in cases like this its a pity a few thousand volts weren't discharged into their rrrs
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Who is this clown? - 18th Oct 2015 10:40pm
Should have been brought down, preferably face first into the floor.
Posted By: casper Re: Who is this clown? - 19th Oct 2015 7:00am
This is a direct consequence of letting cyclists do as they please unchallenged by the police, on the few times we have to visit Liscard I have noticed the amount of cyclists riding on the pavements and through the precinct, some quite fast, watched one last week cut across the one way system against the flow of traffic to mount the kerb on the other side, this buffoon had a bag on his back which contained something quite long a fishing rod or something and pedestrians had to move out of his way to let him through, by turning a blind eye the police have given carte blanche to break the law, another example of someone injured doing their job, ignore the small things and they grow and fester and somebody pays the ultimate price as happened to our policeman last week.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Who is this clown? - 19th Oct 2015 3:23pm
Originally Posted by casper
This is a direct consequence of letting cyclists do as they please unchallenged by the police, on the few times we have to visit Liscard I have noticed the amount of cyclists riding on the pavements and through the precinct, some quite fast, watched one last week cut across the one way system against the flow of traffic to mount the kerb on the other side, this buffoon had a bag on his back which contained something quite long a fishing rod or something and pedestrians had to move out of his way to let him through, by turning a blind eye the police have given carte blanche to break the law, another example of someone injured doing their job, ignore the small things and they grow and fester and somebody pays the ultimate price as happened to our policeman last week.

I love how you think all cyclists are a meanace. We're not.
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Who is this clown? - 19th Oct 2015 4:05pm
As in all things, the irresponsible minority can give the responsible majority a bad name, which is a shame.
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Who is this clown? - 19th Oct 2015 4:25pm
Yeh cyclist its all their fault . How stereo typical
Posted By: Santos Re: Who is this clown? - 19th Oct 2015 6:04pm
Amazes me with cyclists. On the New Brighton promenade the Council has spent thousands on a cycle lane to keep cyclists and pedestrians safe. However go down there any day and you see the cyclists riding on the pedestrian part of the pavement completely ignoring the cycle lane. If anyone has the temerity to say anything to them they are treated to foul mouth abuse and obscene gestures. I am not talking about normal cyclists either, many are the Lycra shorts etc goggles and crash hat brigade, people who should know better and show a good example also parents with their children who should also be setting a good example but no,just plain thoughtlessness and selfishness. Whilst this is going on cyclists can only blame themselves for bad press.
Posted By: casper Re: Who is this clown? - 19th Oct 2015 6:14pm
Read my post again! nowhere did I mention nor imply that all cyclists are to blame, I pointed out that those cycling in the precinct or breaking the rules of the highway code are a nuisance and dangerous not only to themselves but to others as well and should be taken to task, if you think we should ignore this behaviour or condone it because cyclists are always to blame, then this might be part of the problem the poor old cyclist syndrome, I would say the same about pedestrians who walk out in the road in front of moving traffic forcing them to stop, or motorists who use mobile phones whilst driving, by the way I personally think in a lot of instances cyclists are safer on the pavement, however not in a shopping centre nor riding irresponsibly
Posted By: venice Re: Who is this clown? - 19th Oct 2015 8:59pm
Agreed casper . Think they should be stopped from running red lights too. j-demo and Pace, no-one is generalizing , just saying that those cyclists who DO ride recklessly , should be pulled up about it.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Who is this clown? - 19th Oct 2015 9:01pm
Originally Posted by Santos
Amazes me with cyclists. On the New Brighton promenade the Council has spent thousands on a cycle lane to keep cyclists and pedestrians safe. However go down there any day and you see the cyclists riding on the pedestrian part of the pavement completely ignoring the cycle lane. If anyone has the temerity to say anything to them they are treated to foul mouth abuse and obscene gestures. I am not talking about normal cyclists either, many are the Lycra shorts etc goggles and crash hat brigade, people who should know better and show a good example also parents with their children who should also be setting a good example but no,just plain thoughtlessness and selfishness. Whilst this is going on cyclists can only blame themselves for bad press.
Also seen pedestrians in the Cycle Lane. What the hell are 'normal' cyclists?
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Who is this clown? - 19th Oct 2015 9:06pm
Dont get me started on the shared path prom brigade. It goes both ways dogs on a lead that is 20 foot long is not a dog under control. Nor is doing 20 mhr with a tail wind near the pirate ship. But its getting cold and wet so the twr will be gone until april now.

Hurrah .
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Who is this clown? - 19th Oct 2015 9:16pm
I agree. Love the dark, cold nights on the Prom. Less people and much more respect amongst the various users. Or seems that way, anyhow....

May be just me.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Who is this clown? - 19th Oct 2015 9:21pm
Anyhow, I believe the original post was about a Security Guard being beaten around the face with a bicycle seat, for doing his job?

Disgusting. AND nothing to do with cyclists?!
Posted By: Santos Re: Who is this clown? - 19th Oct 2015 9:57pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX

Normal cyclists are the ones who take the time to be careful, courteous and follow the highway code, there are quite a few about and good on them.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Who is this clown? - 19th Oct 2015 10:10pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX

Normal cyclists are the ones who take the time to be careful, courteous and follow the highway code, there are quite a few about and good on them.
99.9% then?
Posted By: casper Re: Who is this clown? - 20th Oct 2015 7:04am
Your way out with the percentages rude, as the majority of cyclists appear to ride on the pavement, this fact alone would blow your estimate out of the water, without all the other traffic indiscretions,its maybe as I mentioned earlier the poor old cyclist syndrome.
Posted By: Bobario Re: Who is this clown? - 20th Oct 2015 5:36pm
Your way out with the percentages rude, as the majority of cyclists appear to ride on the pavement, this fact alone would blow your estimate out of the water, without all the other traffic indiscretions,its maybe as I mentioned earlier the poor old cyclist syndrome.

Maybe they ride on the pavement to avoid all the looney drivers who actively dislike cyclists.
Posted By: casper Re: Who is this clown? - 20th Oct 2015 6:22pm
Originally Posted by Bobario

Maybe they ride on the pavement to avoid all the looney drivers who actively dislike cyclists.

This response strengthens my point, failure to take on board criticism ie: blame the car driver because the cyclist rides on the pavement, in context wont take responsibility for wrong doing
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Who is this clown? - 20th Oct 2015 6:43pm
this isn't about cyclist on the pavement it's about riding in a indoors shopping center then kicking off when told to get off the bike, sick of people who think they're above the law and can do as they please eg school have a sign saying no dogs but people pick kids up with a dog, sign all over the wirral saying no drinking on the street yet you see the same people drink day in day out.
Posted By: Santos Re: Who is this clown? - 20th Oct 2015 7:17pm
Originally Posted by eddtheduck
this isn't about cyclist on the pavement it's about riding in a indoors shopping center then kicking off when told to get off the bike, sick of people who think they're above the law and can do as they please eg school have a sign saying no dogs but people pick kids up with a dog, sign all over the wirral saying no drinking on the street yet you see the same people drink day in day out.

withthat
Posted By: Near_Oval Re: Who is this clown? - 24th Oct 2015 6:20am
Love the way this degenerated into the usual trolling about cyclists in general. The idiot involved in this will no doubt be picked up, in no way representative of cyclists at all, likely to have 'previous' and will have had non custodial sentence(s) making him think is above the law - same attitude to others as recently displayed by moron that ran a policeman over.
Posted By: granny Re: Who is this clown? - 24th Oct 2015 8:44am
Why is he being accused of any wrong doing ?
He's simply following the guidance of anarchists and atheists in this country, linked by the concept of authority. wink
Posted By: dustymclean Re: Who is this clown? - 24th Oct 2015 9:09am
Far to deep for this time of the morning Gran. I doubt he believes in anything,probably brought on by a lifetime of phoney political wars under the name of religion, orchestrated by corrupt politicians who seem to be above the law. As a non believer I take exception at being likened to this feral asshole. X
Posted By: granny Re: Who is this clown? - 24th Oct 2015 9:57am
X X
© Wirral-Wikiwirral