Forums
Posted By: Mark Exceptional rainfall Wirral Flooded - 2nd Sep 2015 8:50pm
Wirral flooding: Homes evacuated as water levels rise.

[Linked Image]

Residents in one street have told me how the water level was knee-deep in their homes at one stage.
Many have been evacuated and now face a difficult night away from their homes.
The properties affected are next to a brook which flows into the River Birket. When the brook burst its banks this morning, some people's front gardens were swamped with water. Others have described floating floorboards, damaged electrics and water-logged furniture.
The Environment Agency has had officers here this afternoon and have pledged to work with Wirral Council to help those affected most seriously.

Source : Click me

More

A man was rescued from his car on a flooded road in Bebington, while flash flooding has caused travel chaos in Bromborough, Greasby and Moreton.

Fire crews used an inflatable boat to bring the man to safety on Brimstage Road in Bebington just after 6.30am.

Watch Manager Simon Ashton, who attended the call-out in Brimstage Road with firefighters from Bromborough Community Fire Station, said:“The water was around 1.2 metres deep around the car.

[Linked Image]

CLick Me
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Exceptional rainfall Wirral Flooded - 2nd Sep 2015 10:17pm
When we get so much rain dumped on us in one go, quite apart from more major problems like streams bursting their banks, the massive run-off from fields as well as hard surfaces is just too much for drains to deal with. It's very rare these days that you see those big drain-slurping (?!) lorries going round ensuring the grids are clear - in fact I can't recall the last time I saw one. A few blocked grids in a flood-prone area can really aggravate the situation.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Exceptional rainfall Wirral Flooded - 3rd Sep 2015 7:50am
The BBC news report says "People living near Dibbinsdale Brook in Moreton said their properties were "under eight inches of water" after a stream burst its banks"

Dibbinsdale Brook is nowhere near Moreton. Accuracy in journalism, they've heard of it...
Posted By: delta6 Re: Exceptional rainfall Wirral Flooded - 3rd Sep 2015 10:26am
Granada news last night called lingham park - linear park moreton
Posted By: Wally1 Re: Exceptional rainfall Wirral Flooded - 4th Sep 2015 12:42am
Originally Posted by delta6
Granada news last night called lingham park - linear park moreton

There is a "Linear Park" nearby.

Attached picture LinearPark.jpg
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: Exceptional rainfall Wirral Flooded - 12th Sep 2015 5:26pm
It' Linear Park that borders the Birkett. Incidentslly EA had not bothered to de-weed or dredge the Birkett until the flooding. They are at it now!! The horse has bolted.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral