Forums
Posted By: Mark Wirral man who falsely claimed £68,000 - 1st Sep 2015 7:24pm
Wirral man who falsely claimed £68,000 to fund 'lavish lifestyle' is jailed

A WIRRAL man who brazenly cheated the state out of £68,000 by falsely claiming he could barely walk went on 19 luxury cruises and made two trips to Australia.

Kevin Patrick McEntee, from Prenton, not only pretended that he was severely disabled to get his hands on the cash but also faked claims in his wife's name exaggerating her own disability.

A court heard that although it was true he had a heart attack, just six weeks later he went to the Mediterranean on the first of a series of sunshine cruises at taxpayers expense over 12 years.

And while he claimed he had become "a hermit" and took two minutes to walk 15 metres he was actually a keen cyclist and bragged to his sister-in-law that the lycra shorts he wore showed off his physique.

He was in a cycling club going on lengthy bike rides several times a week and even threatened to sue his local council in 2010 after suffering an accident while out riding his bike.

Jailing 64-year-old McEntee today for two years Judge Andrew Menary, QC, said that the fraud "funded an obviously lavish life style."

Source : Click Me
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wirral man who falsely claimed £68,000 - 1st Sep 2015 8:31pm
Thieving bar steward. Doesnt say much for the checks in the benefit system.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Wirral man who falsely claimed £68,000 - 1st Sep 2015 9:05pm
Been caught, has'nt he? Whats ya problem?
Posted By: snowhite Re: Wirral man who falsely claimed £68,000 - 1st Sep 2015 9:09pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
Thieving bar steward. Doesnt say much for the checks in the benefit system.
withthat
Posted By: chriskay Re: Wirral man who falsely claimed £68,000 - 1st Sep 2015 10:22pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Been caught, hasn't he? What's ya problem?

It's blindingly obvious that Fish means, quite rightly, that the checking process is lacking in effectiveness. If you can't see that, it's you who has the problem.
Posted By: cools Re: Wirral man who falsely claimed £68,000 - 2nd Sep 2015 6:55am
He's one of many, he deserves what he got and hope they find more.this is exactly what angers the workers who go out every day to earn a living just to get by , paying their taxes for this robbing....!
Posted By: Uffda Re: Wirral man who falsely claimed £68,000 - 2nd Sep 2015 7:32am
I wonder how many more there are out there who haven't been caught yet. May be the tip of the iceberg.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Wirral man who falsely claimed £68,000 - 2nd Sep 2015 9:38am
Originally Posted by Uffda
I wonder how many more there are out there who haven't been caught yet. May be the tip of the iceberg.

If you find out lettuce know smile
Posted By: cools Re: Wirral man who falsely claimed £68,000 - 2nd Sep 2015 10:19am
Very witty Dilly, lol
Posted By: snowhite Re: Wirral man who falsely claimed £68,000 - 2nd Sep 2015 10:51am
It takes months to catch them out as they have to do checks and investigate if they are working on the side etc.
They deserve to be caught and made pay back every penny .
Posted By: Dilly Re: Wirral man who falsely claimed £68,000 - 2nd Sep 2015 11:21am
The government don't like fiddling
They hate the competition smile
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Wirral man who falsely claimed £68,000 - 2nd Sep 2015 11:32am
Originally Posted by Dilly

If you find out lettuce know smile

very funny, I guess we can turn the leaf on that one now!
Posted By: Slinky Re: Wirral man who falsely claimed £68,000 - 3rd Sep 2015 8:18am
I know of a couple. Have tried many times to get some action taken.

To the best of my knowledge, it never happened!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral