Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Merseyside Is Dog Bite Capital of UK - 28th May 2015 4:30pm
322 Merseyside hospital admissions for dog bites.

SOURCE
Posted By: j_demo Re: Merseyside Is Dog Bite Capital of UK - 28th May 2015 7:02pm
"Merseyside" is a VERY big area as shown here, it's everywhere surrounded by red. , doesn't necessarily mean the wirral, it includes Liverpool, Southport, St. Helens, and nearly to Wigan and Warrington...

Liverpool i feel accounts for the bulk of these statistics as i'm fully aware the gangs over there use pitbulls and staffs as weapons rather than pets. and because they're wrongly trained attack dogs, they'll attack bloody anything.

don't get me wrong, i'm not proud merseyside is the #1 for this, i'm just trying to say that the Wirral is probably not accountable for much at all... except maybe birkenhead...
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Merseyside Is Dog Bite Capital of UK - 28th May 2015 9:14pm
What few statistics I have dug up so far have shown Birkenhead is not the worst area on the Wirral for dangerous dog problems though I have got very little on dog bites so far.

By population, nearly a quarter of Merseyside is Wirral and Liverpool is about a third.

City of Liverpool 34%
Wirral 23%
Sefton 20%
St Helen's 13%
Knowsley 11%

By land area, Wirral is the biggest at about a quarter.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Merseyside Is Dog Bite Capital of UK - 29th May 2015 9:14am
Originally Posted by j_demo
"Merseyside" is a VERY big area as shown here, it's everywhere surrounded by red. , doesn't necessarily mean the wirral, it includes Liverpool, Southport, St. Helens, and nearly to Wigan and Warrington...

And if you factor in the huge stretch of coastline we have (very popular with dog walkers), whereas people inland just have to make do with parks. We are lucky to have both.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Merseyside Is Dog Bite Capital of UK - 29th May 2015 12:54pm
Originally Posted by j_demo

Liverpool i feel accounts for the bulk of these statistics as i'm fully aware the gangs over there use pitbulls and staffs as weapons rather than pets. and because they're wrongly trained attack dogs, they'll attack bloody anything.

don't get me wrong, i'm not proud merseyside is the #1 for this, i'm just trying to say that the Wirral is probably not accountable for much at all... except maybe birkenhead...

Well said.
It always seems to be the ... that are reported therefore it is the ... that cause these statistics to be published yet again tarnishing the good people of wirrals records.

Ban idiots from having dogs and bring back the dog licence.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral