Forums
Posted By: Alonso Ram Raiders target the Coop, Manor Drive, Upton. - 14th May 2015 11:04am
Happened at 2.30 am this morning. A gang rammed the front of the building with a Land Rover. Police on the scene were attacked by the gang. The Land Rover was discovered in Church Road, which is now a crime scene. It's believed that the raiders escaped in an Audi. Money appears to have been stolen.
Merseyside Police said the 4x4, spotted close to the scene, then rammed a police car before a group of men got out and attacked it with batons.

Terrible!

I thought the cash machines were all being fitted with dye these days?

Whilst it is entirely the perpetrators fault, the answer to this is to make sure that the crime doesn't pay, make sure they go away empty handed and increase the penalties.

SOURCE
It's been done over a few times, not sure what the big appeal of this co-op is really to the thieves!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Ram Raiders target the Coop, Manor Drive, Upton. - 14th May 2015 11:53am
audi as a getaway car, most deffo from Liverpool.

About time co op gave the public some cash back anyway, they're the real thieves here.

This is just round the corner from me.

A few years ago when living in Saughall Massie a similar ram raid also happened on the Co-op there. The similarity in both cases is that the cash machine was located up against the front windows.

Any ram raid on the front of either store would break the shutter, break the glass and at the sametime dislodge the cash machine and maybe even damage it sufficiently to open it (I saw a pic on Facebook were the cash machine still appeared to be there, just damaged / opened and the money gone) . I have no idea why they were not secured further back in the shop - more effort would be involved to steal one or gain access to its contents.
Originally Posted by StuyMac
This is just round the corner from me.

A few years ago when living in Saughall Massie a similar ram raid also happened on the Co-op there.

Have you got a place by Hatton Gardens by any chance Stu?
The store in Eastham was raided last friday night as they were cashing up, luckily nobody was hurt as a black corsa came through the front door and stole the takings as the staff ran for cover.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/ram-raiders-steal-cash-eastham-tesco-9226968
Is that Ste for real?
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Is that Ste for real?

Yes pal that ste is for real, nobody was hurt so what's the problem?

Co op are cons, have you seen their prices? So no I don't give a hoot they have been ripped off!
The co-op do give money back to the public, they gave £15M in 2012 £14M in 2013 and £8M in 2014 in community investment at a time when the company was in dire financial state.

They are owned by their 8 million+ members, anyone can join and share in the profit.
Lol
You seem such a nice caring kind of guy Ste, harm is not just calculated by whether or not there were any injuries.
Oh I care, I care for those unfortunate people that are on benefits that HAVE to pay their extortionate prices as they cannot afford transportation costs to the likes of asda or sainsburys.
I hate shops that rip people off, this is one example of many, the worst of them all is that crazy George's place (changed name to something else now).
Putting people in debt making them think they have a good deal when in reality they're paying extortionate prices and being put in debt for the rest of their lives.

That is all.
Just wow, Ste!
"You seem a nice,caring kind of guy Ste". Casper,do I detect a scintilla of sarcasm there?
If by scintilla you mean a bucket load...
ste said
Putting people in debt making them think they have a good deal when in reality they're paying extortionate prices and being put in debt for the rest of their lives.

Think the fault lies with the shopper not the shop for getting into debt. Might as well blame the food bsnks

Not to proud to look on the whoopsie counter, the Coop nearby has a lot of near sell by stuff at reduced prices, if people are genuinely stuck they will hunt for the cheapest, its usually the cant be bothered (rather watch Jeremy Kyle) that want to step outside their door into the shop, I see lots of people outside the supermarkets that share taxi's that come from Moreton to Liscard Asda
I get 10% off my total every visit
and 20% off one day a month
Nice one Kimps. Good to see you back on site.
thumbsup
© Wirral-Wikiwirral