Forums
Posted By: fish5133 University Academy Birkenhead - 21st Apr 2015 10:48pm
Changing its name again. Originally Park High School amalgamated with Rock Ferry High. Has now become The Birkenhead Park School.

Rather ironical School Motto "Hold Fast That Which Is Good" --obviously doesn't apply to school name.

Some of the parents are naffed off having bought PE kits with University Academy Birkenhead on and now being told they have to buy new kit with new school name on.

Front and back covers of the Wirral Globe trying to put a good spin on it.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: University Academy Birkenhead - 22nd Apr 2015 7:10pm
New kits now? Mid-term?
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: University Academy Birkenhead - 22nd Apr 2015 8:03pm
Parents meeting tomorrow at the school so we will find out more .
Posted By: Greenwood Re: University Academy Birkenhead - 22nd Apr 2015 9:59pm
For goodness sake - changing it in the middle of a school year? That's barking. The school could, I suppose, make badges with the new name on and give them out to put over the old name until the kids grow out of the gear or wear it out and have to buy new. (Whatever happened to schools being called schools, anyway...?)
Posted By: keef666 Re: University Academy Birkenhead - 24th Apr 2015 8:23pm
Yeah got agree with Greenwood on this, why does a School have to go to an Academy or University, the kids that end up in these places will go though their school life thinking, when i leave and get a job it will be sitting on the board of some company, driving around in the latest Aston Martin, dating supermodels and living the good life, when infact most will end up knocking up the local girls and living on the dole for most of their lives, and the lucky ones who do get a job in part time Britain selling burgers with fries.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: University Academy Birkenhead - 24th Apr 2015 10:28pm
Originally Posted by keef666
Yeah got agree with Greenwood on this, why does a School have to go to an Academy or University, the kids that end up in these places will go though their school life thinking, when i leave and get a job it will be sitting on the board of some company, driving around in the latest Aston Martin, dating supermodels and living the good life, when infact most will end up knocking up the local girls and living on the dole for most of their lives, and the lucky ones who do get a job in part time Britain selling burgers with fries.

or get killed in the army--as my sons year mate from that school did --poor blighter
© Wirral-Wikiwirral