Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Solar Eclipse. March 20th 2015 - 26th Feb 2015 3:25pm
https://wirralweather.wordpress.com...1999-set-to-plunge-the-uk-into-darkness/

Britain’s most complete solar eclipse in 16 years will block out as much as 90 percent of sunlight across the UK next month.

A solar eclipse, when the moon covers the sun blocking out its light, will take place on the morning of March 20.

The blackout will begin in the UK at 8.45am and the maximum eclipse, when the moon is nearest the middle of the sun, will be at 9.31am and It is due to end at 10.41am.

After the one in March, the next eclipse will be in 2018, but it’ll be very small.

The next big eclipse to cover the same amount of sky in darkness as this one will be in 2026.

There won’t be another full total eclipse until 2090.

That one is expected to be similar to the one in 1999, though it’ll be slightly further north and will happen as the sun sets.

We will have more info on what the weather will be like for observing the eclipse nearer the time.

We will also be releasing some handy tips on how to observe and photograph the eclipse, so keep an eye on our Facebook and twitter pages.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Solar Eclipse. March 20th 2015 - 26th Feb 2015 6:02pm
was in Chester Zoo one year when we had an eclipse--very eerie as a everything went shadowy and all the animals fell silent.
Posted By: Alonso Re: Solar Eclipse. March 20th 2015 - 26th Feb 2015 10:26pm
My recollection of the rest of the summer that followed the event in 1999, was that the weather never seemed to warm up afterwards. Call me a pleb, but I can't see anything to get excited about. Sorry!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral