Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Off duty cop killed in Liverpool attack - 19th Dec 2014 5:27pm
Very tragic. only married a few months and honeymoon planned in new year. Hope they catch the "bar stewards" and they get what they deserve.
Just one thing---would there be all the same national publicity if it was "joe blogs" a member of the public? I doubt it---so why? Are the police PR machines pushing it as they have had a lot of bad press recently with masonic cover ups of Hillsborough etc.
Posted By: Near_Oval Re: Off duty cop killed in Liverpool attack - 21st Dec 2014 9:56am
From reports so far, no loud argument or pre amble to two groups of blokes in early hours happening upon each other and a subsequent brawl that three came off worse. Sad that someone has lost their life as a result, but a few beers (or more than a few) and then a fight has never been my idea of a good night out. Some do go out looking for it, and have over the years been in situations where walking away has been best option regardless of how much 'face' could be lost as a result. Shame all concerned didnt think that was an alternative to the way events unfolded. I always thought boys in blue had to have an impressive level of control over baser instincts, but incidents like syp and others with corruption etc now coming to light suggests that someone lauded as a 'great copper' is not necessarily operating by same standards that you might think.
Posted By: Santos Re: Off duty cop killed in Liverpool attack - 21st Dec 2014 2:34pm
Originally Posted by Near_Oval
From reports so far, no loud argument or pre amble to two groups of blokes in early hours happening upon each other and a subsequent brawl that three came off worse. Sad that someone has lost their life as a result, but a few beers (or more than a few) and then a fight has never been my idea of a good night out. Some do go out looking for it, and have over the years been in situations where walking away has been best option regardless of how much 'face' could be lost as a result. Shame all concerned didnt think that was an alternative to the way events unfolded. I always thought boys in blue had to have an impressive level of control over baser instincts, but incidents like syp and others with corruption etc now coming to light suggests that someone lauded as a 'great copper' is not necessarily operating by same standards that you might think.

OH I see Near Oval, you are saying the poor guy is corrupt and caused his own death - you are one sad person.

What evidence do you have that :-

1. The murdered officer was not necessarily operating by same standards that you might think.

or

2. Insinuating that he, the murdered officer and his colleagues were responsible for starting the fight.

I have copied your post and passed it on to the Legal Department of the Merseyside Police for their consideration as I consider the remarks you have made on a public forum are both defamatory and baseless, not only to the dead officer but to the two colleagues who were with him at the time of his death.
Posted By: Uffda Re: Off duty cop killed in Liverpool attack - 21st Dec 2014 3:39pm
Well said Santos, sometimes some of the comments given on here really make me depressed.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Off duty cop killed in Liverpool attack - 21st Dec 2014 8:35pm
Don't read anything near oval says that is particularly defamatory. I managed to find at least 2 other people nationally who were stabbed to death around that time but very little coverage. Another story in the local rags a few years back about "obscene gay activity" in New Brighton toilets named and shamed the culprits except the police officer also caught.

I can interpret his comments the other way in that the police officers didn't start the brawl but instead of backing away stood to defend themselves--- so no insinuation the police started it at all.
likewise his comment about being a "good copper" (by his colleagues) also implies that his fellow officers also recognise that there are "bad coppers" (South Yorkshire Constabulary etc.)

Feel free to cut and paste this interpretation to the Police Legal Department as well
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Off duty cop killed in Liverpool attack - 21st Dec 2014 11:14pm
Neil was married at the Church I attend, and the congregation are so shocked at his tragic death.
Our thoughts are with his widow and family at this sad time
Posted By: casper Re: Off duty cop killed in Liverpool attack - 22nd Dec 2014 12:13pm
I dont think it is in good taste to cast a shadow over the incident, first and foremost the lad who lost his life was a human being, a son, husband and father, no one knows for sure what actually occurred, the only comment I will make is that anybody who stamps on a persons head when they are incapacited or on the floor should be charged with murder or attempted murder whatever the case may be, I am not saying this happened, but it seems to be how things have deteriorated and sunk to such a low level these days, that along with knifings seem to be the norm.

I offer my condolences to his widow and family.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Off duty cop killed in Liverpool attack - 22nd Dec 2014 3:22pm
You shouldn't even be talking about it as it could have a detrimental effect on court proceedings.
Posted By: Near_Oval Re: Off duty cop killed in Liverpool attack - 22nd Dec 2014 6:23pm
Originally Posted by Santos
[quote=Near_Oval]From reports so far, no loud argument or pre amble to two groups of blokes in early hours happening upon each other and a subsequent brawl that three came off worse. Sad that someone has lost their life as a result, but a few beers (or more than a few) and then a fight has never been my idea of a good night out. Some do go out looking for it, and have over the years been in situations where walking away has been best option regardless of how much 'face' could be lost as a result. Shame all concerned didnt think that was an alternative to the way events unfolded. I always thought boys in blue had to have an impressive level of control over baser instincts, but incidents like syp and others with corruption etc now coming to light suggests that someone lauded as a 'great copper' is not necessarily operating by same standards that you might think.

OH I see Near Oval, you are saying the poor guy is corrupt and caused his own death - you are one sad person.

What evidence do you have that :-

1. The murdered officer was not necessarily operating by same standards that you might think.

or

2. Insinuating that he, the murdered officer and his colleagues were responsible for starting the fight.

I have copied your post and passed it on to the Legal Department of the Merseyside Police for their consideration as I consider the remarks you have made on a public forum are both defamatory and baseless, not only to the dead officer but to the two colleagues who were with him at the time of his death.
[/quote
Can see you like conclusion jumping Santos, hopefully the police legal department wont over react to you wasting their time.
Try re reading my post, and open your mind a little.
Posted By: casper Re: Off duty cop killed in Liverpool attack - 22nd Dec 2014 7:02pm
No one has mentioned anything that is not already in the public domain via the news and the press, as I understand it discussion of or investigation into only applies if you are directly involved or on the jury of such a case.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Off duty cop killed in Liverpool attack - 22nd Dec 2014 9:22pm
They're in court tomorrow
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Off duty cop killed in Liverpool attack - 23rd Dec 2014 11:53am
Some of the news reports I read say the police officers were attacked which already implies guilt upon the attackers. Hopefully cctv will help corroborate the facts. Being charged with murder also seems quite specific rather than manslaughter. Devastating Christmas for some. I must be getting old fashioned--just don't see the enjoyment of being out clubbing, pubbing at 3am.
Posted By: johnthegreat Re: Off duty cop killed in Liverpool attack - 18th Jan 2015 11:37pm
near oval is correct no one deserves to die but the word on the street is the copper started it
Posted By: johnthegreat Re: Off duty cop killed in Liverpool attack - 18th Jan 2015 11:39pm
it will be dropped to manslaughter they always try and charge you with the higher offence given the nature of this crime
Posted By: snowhite Re: Off duty cop killed in Liverpool attack - 18th Jan 2015 11:46pm
read your past comments and no comment.am on this one with you .you starting to make sense.
Be nice if you so great laugh
Posted By: johnthegreat Re: Off duty cop killed in Liverpool attack - 19th Jan 2015 12:02am
merci
© Wirral-Wikiwirral