Forums
Posted By: Martin1943 M53 incident - 18th Nov 2014 8:04pm
The M53 southbound is closed just now and the Moreton spur going south is being diverted towards Wallasey. Loads of Police cars stopping the traffic to just by Ford Estate
This was about 7:45pm
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: M53 incident - 18th Nov 2014 8:32pm
It's a "serious" accident just where the Moreton Spur joins the M53.
It's a difficult junction because of slow motorway traffic pulling left while faster joining traffic moves across towards the second overtaking lane.
Posted By: tedmus Re: M53 incident - 18th Nov 2014 9:03pm
Hope it's not too bad.

I usually find coming onto the motorway at J1 to be the worst. You need to build up speed to join it but invariably you'll get somebody pootling along at 40 mph with no intention of joining the motorway. I don't normally join at J2 southbound but do regularly northbound and it's as you say.
Posted By: j_demo Re: M53 incident - 18th Nov 2014 10:06pm
I went past it about 6:45, looked like it had not lomg happened. Was right on J3 as you exit for APH/asda/woodchurch etc. Looked like a range rover with half its front end all over the road, a small red car (maybe a new shape micra?) Which i couldnt see the damage on And a dark small grey/dark car (old style punto maybe?) That again i didnt see the damage of. There were about 4 police cars, 2 ambulances, 1 fire engine at the scene... lane 1 shut and 30mph restrictions in place but traffic seemed ok. On the way back however about 15 mins later it was gridlock and tailed right back to the tunnel.

Hope everyones ok, it looked bad though.
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: M53 incident - 19th Nov 2014 1:39am
Like others have said, I hope everyone was ok.
Junction 1 should be about the safest to join as it has the longest joining lane and the speed limit is 50mph max.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral