Forums
Posted By: Mark Masked gang raid Wirral diamond jewellers - 14th Nov 2014 10:35am
[Linked Image]

Three masked men raided a Merseyside diamond jewellers this afternoon before fleeing the scene in a getaway car.

The thieves, who were wearing dark clothing and balaclavas, burst into Catheralls Diamond Merchants and Jewellers on Mill Lane in Wallasey at around 2.10pm.

At this stage it is believed the gang broke display cabinets and snatched jewellery before fleeing the store and driving off in a dark-coloured car, possibly a Ford.

No-one was injured but staff were left shaken following the raid, with the owner, a man in his 60s, treated at the scene by paramedics for shock.

One of the thieves was described as being around 5ft 9, the other two around 6ft, and all three were said to be stocky.

A shopkeeper on the street told the ECHO a customer had told him that a group of masked men had raided the jewellers.

He said: “She came in with her son and said men in balaclavas had gone into the shop and then came out again moments later and ran off down the side street.

“It was all over in no time at all.”

He added: “I couldn’t believe it but then the police were there. They’ve been there a long time, it’s a terrible thing to happen. I hope they’re okay.”

Another witness said he had seen three men wearing black balaclavas walk into the jewellers, but had seen nothing afterwards.

The shutters on the shop were closed this evening but witnesses said display cabinets inside had been broken.

Police have increased patrols in the area and have launched a full investigation.

Anyone with information can call officers on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Source : Click Me
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Masked gang raid Wirral diamond jewellers - 14th Nov 2014 12:39pm
Catheralls has been there for a very long time, I've had the odd bit of repair work done on jewellery there. Can't afford to buy anything there though! Nevertheless, it's a good shop with excellent repair facilities. I hope they are okay; it's a very unsettling thing to happen. Usually you have to ring be let in - maybe they barged in after someone else, or just broke the door lock.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Masked gang raid Wirral diamond jewellers - 14th Nov 2014 1:25pm
Sad, the chap that runs it is a real nice guy, we buy from there several times a year and he's really helpful and honest.

Hopefully this doesn't put them off trading there, it's one of only a few remaining rerun Wallasey shops. frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral