Forums
Posted By: x_plore All parents!! Attempted child snatching - 2nd Oct 2014 4:49pm
Just heard this on the radio and thought I'd share with every one

www.juicefm.com/news/local/police-hunt-man-who-tried-to-grab-schoolgirls/
Posted By: granny Re: All parents!! Attempted child snatching - 2nd Oct 2014 9:12pm
Although not a young parent now, I once was and would have been very grateful for your post.

Very concerning to my mind.

I hope ALL the schools have been informed.
Posted By: rocks Re: All parents!! Attempted child snatching - 2nd Oct 2014 9:29pm
its on the echo site as well, very worrying frown
Posted By: Dilly Re: All parents!! Attempted child snatching - 3rd Oct 2014 6:46am
I seam to remember something similar a year or two ago being reported on Breck rd, a silver fiesta if I remember correctly. They need seeing to.
Posted By: casper Re: All parents!! Attempted child snatching - 3rd Oct 2014 8:02am
Local schools are aware, thanks for posting, this ... need catching quickly, it's actually on radio Merseyside now as I write.
Posted By: granny Re: All parents!! Attempted child snatching - 3rd Oct 2014 8:10am
A number of years ago,(last 10) there were incidents with WHITE VANS and foreign drivers in this area.
At the time, they were being tracked all over the country. Not for the same reasons, so far as I know, but they had a bed in the back of the van and used to swap the drivers around.
That is why these incidents are of the greatest concern in my mind.

Posted By: casper Re: All parents!! Attempted child snatching - 3rd Oct 2014 8:58am
They need catching granny, very worrying, surely in this day and age with all the technology it shouldn't be hard, child molesters, terrorists, especially the notorious white van man who seem to have an attraction for the police.
Posted By: granny Re: All parents!! Attempted child snatching - 3rd Oct 2014 9:30am
Explanation, I feel is a duty.

They were travelling around the country from Oxford to Aberdeen. Never in the same place two nights. Booking accommodation ,which had to be self catering. Every time, they wrecked the accommodation, for whatever reason and left before the owners of the property realised.
There was a network who tried to keep others informed of their whereabouts . Last I heard, was of them being in Birkenhead (for the second time)at which point I informed the police. I shall never know what the outcome was, but they were definitely unsavoury.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: All parents!! Attempted child snatching - 4th Oct 2014 11:48am
Casper, they could track these people quite easily eventually but any hint of it and the libertarians would be up in arms about infringements of freedom.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral