Forums
Posted By: Mark Cheeky garden lawn thieves - 20th Aug 2014 2:14pm
Bobby Stacey thought he had just about seen it all – until he reviewed this footage from a newly installed CCTV camera outside his home.

The Skelmersdale man's eyes nearly popped out of his head at the sight of two middle age-looking women creeping along a footpath at The Mount and tearing off with bundles of his neighbour's freshly laid turf.

Watch two women who were caught on CCTV ripping up and running away with armfuls of newly laid turf Click Me

Turf isnt that expensive its it nowadays lol
Posted By: Finney Re: Cheeky garden lawn thieves - 20th Aug 2014 2:35pm
The blatant cheek, why didnt the person videoing it call the police whilst the women where making trips backwards and forwards????
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Cheeky garden lawn thieves - 20th Aug 2014 2:48pm
I have viewed the video and read the story in the echo .It was an obviously 'targeted ' theft ,which happened at 5 am in the morning ,cheeky bitches .... The man who 'filmed' it did not see the footage till much later,but reported asap..
Posted By: Dilly Re: Cheeky garden lawn thieves - 20th Aug 2014 8:15pm
If he had of seen them would he have told them to sod off or I will grass you up smile
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Cheeky garden lawn thieves - 20th Aug 2014 11:41pm
It was "turf" luck he didn't! laugh

But I have to say, it doesn't look like CCTV footage. There's too much movement. It looks more like someone's recording it on their phone.

I hope they're caught and named and shamed! Complete ...-bags!
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Cheeky garden lawn thieves - 21st Aug 2014 12:05am
The video is playing on a large monitor and yes they then re-recorded it on their phone, following the women on the screen rather than have the phone further away and having a smaller image. Dead clever me :-))
© Wirral-Wikiwirral