Forums
Posted By: ManxCat NatWest Higher Tranmere Closing - 14th Aug 2014 3:10pm
NatWest bank have taken the difficult decision to close their higher tranmere branch on November 11th 2014.

They say more and more people are choosing to use other ways of banking such as mobile and internet banking. As a result customer numbers have reduced significantly over the past few years.

The nearest branch is now charing cross in Birkenhead which is also open on Saturday mornings. The nearest cash machine is located outside the new Tesco express on borough road.

The branch in Liscard is still open and is due for refurbishment if not completed already but the branch in New Brighton is set to be closed.

This is bound to affect the local shops along mount road. As far as I am aware this branch has been there for well over thirty years.

Hopefully staff will be redeployed in other local branches.
Posted By: IanR123 Re: NatWest Higher Tranmere Closing - 16th Aug 2014 5:16am
Originally Posted by ManxCat
This is bound to affect the local shops along mount road. As far as I am aware this branch has been there for well over thirty years.

Hopefully staff will be redeployed in other local branches.

Such a shame...I always considerd it as an old fashioned bank like Dad's Army...These people know my name whenI walk through the door
It will affect Mount Road....There is a cash machine at the Co Op at the end of the stretch
© Wirral-Wikiwirral