Forums
Posted By: landl Fracking on the Wirral - 28th Jun 2014 10:22pm
Ester Mcvey apparently want's fracking to begin in the dee estuary, at the present time she is calling it simply exploratory tests.This could turn into a environmental disaster, if reports flooding in from the states is anything to go by. The wild life will be effected, the environment, house prices etc. If your concerned sign the petition below..

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petiti...acebook-share-button&time=1402910951
Posted By: Alonso Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 28th Jun 2014 11:10pm
Watched the BBC's Horizon programme about this subject last year. I'm afraid those opposed to fracking are alarmists. The programme I saw was scientifically well researched and did not conclude that ecological disaster awaits us. I'm for anything that enables our country to provide energy sources independent of our potential enemies. Most of the anti fracking people, in my opinion, are left- wingers who have ulterior motives. Let's get the fracking going and let's keep warm. I make no apologies for refusing to sign this petition.
Posted By: Mally Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 28th Jun 2014 11:20pm
withthat
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 11:01am
Signed and shared. smile
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 11:08am
Signed and shared. Ridiculous idea to frack anywhere. I watch telly too, not affiliated politically. Trust me its going to get very warm, then very wet.

K
Posted By: casper Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 11:25am
Signed and shared smile
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 11:28am
oh no the world is going to end!!!!!

scaremongering tree huggers.
Posted By: Touchstone Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 11:35am
Originally Posted by mrhanky
oh no the world is going to end!!!!!

scaremongering tree huggers.

The world isn't going to end. Well, not for a good few million years yet. Climate change however is certainly going to fook over a large number of people.The Earth will survive, but many humans wont.
Think we need to be concentrating on nuclear and renewables for our future. It's a case of reduce carbon emissions or die. Literally!
Posted By: Alonso Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 12:51pm
During the thirteenth century this country endured 10 years of constant never ending rain and changes in temperatures. It caused famine on a huge scale, wiping out whole communities. Carbon emissions back then were negligible.
Fast forward a century or two to the middle- ages when frost fairs were held on the River Thames. Was that because of so called man-made climate change? I think not.
What is worrying politicians is the large numbers of people migrating north from the African continent and other regions from that latitude. They are moving north to escape poverty, famine, poor water supplies, pestilence and wars.
The consequences of these regional problems have caused politicians to have to raise taxes in order to offer the people the funds to better themselves, and that's why we are paying carbon emissions taxes. The monies raised are forwarded in the form of overseas aid...that therefore is what we are shelling out for.
Unfortunately much of the millions we, and other western countries supply is being stolen and used by the corrupt leaders of these third world countries in order to arm themselves and terrorise their own people, whilst living high on the hog themselves.
Fracking is going to happen, and has to happen in order for this nation to sustain itself in the centuries ahead.
I notice somebody who signed that petition, mentioned ridding us of the corporate giants. That's what the tree hugging left- wingers desire...control of everybody and everything; a form of Stalinism that benefits everybody, but it doesn't work and cannot work. Even the Chinese recognised that, that's why they abandoned collectivism. Thats also why the Berlin Wall was pulled down: people need to be free in order to make their own choices. If what's under the ground of British soil can fuel our energy supplies for centuries to come, making Britain and it's people wealthy through its industries then bring it on.
Who wants to rely upon Russia and the Middle East countries for energy forever?
It's insane to even consider it. They could easily pull the plug on us tomorrow and those of us who remember the power cuts of the seventies can all remember the turmoil that caused. Support fracking, it makes sense.
Posted By: landl Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 1:35pm
I don't buy the hysteria surrounding global warming one bit and how raising taxes somehow miraculously stops climate change, i don't know, kinda makes me chuckle when someone says we need to pay higher taxes to stop climate change. I ask how raising taxes helps, and they often fidget around, desperately searching through their mind, trying to remember what they heard on the BBC,controlled media, which itself if a propaganda mouth piece for whatever the elite want you to believe. But fracking is causing major problems in the states. Do we really want to put the health and well being of our communities up for sale, to allow corporate giants to destroy our environment. Anyone, who believes this will save the country, will make their lives wealthier and England stronger, is deluded. The E.U. are your owners now, we were sold out a long time ago. What they want they will get. Take off the rose coloured spectacles. When/If it all goes wrong they will say, lessons learned. No one will be prosecuted, no compensation will be given out. We are not broke, we pay the E.U. 120 billion pounds a year, to stay in this club. Hmmmm and yet i'm still hearing the deluded rantings of ill informed people, condoning the exploitation of our countryside, for Profit. Not to benefit you or me, but the elite. It's very sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uokmsSi7LTY
Posted By: landl Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 1:52pm
Oil prices are at an all time low and yet in the u.k. we are still paying massively over the top prices at the pumps, with their green taxes and extortionate rates. Oh sure, the u.k. government will share the wealth with you. Turn your lives into a utopia, whilst living in a faceless ugly landscape full of toxins and waste. Grow up, how many times do governments have to kick you in the bollocks, before you finally get it. They do not care about you or me. We are cattle to them.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 2:29pm
i wonder, if everyone against fracking stopped using gas then surely there wouldn't be the need for all the extra gas?

i could be wrong though(as everyone who doesn't agree with the anti fracking brigade is) as will no doubt be pointed out.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 3:47pm
Perhaps all the antis should move to France or Germany where Fracking is banned due to seismic and pollution concerns---now wheres my passport
Posted By: landl Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 4:52pm
Well after some of the deeply insightful and intellectually profound responses (not), i've changed my opinion lol. oh dear !!! Jeez, we really are doomed with this level of intelligence parading around, as well informed human beings lol.

Posted By: Alonso Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 6:55pm
Originally Posted by landl
Well after some of the deeply insightful and intellectually profound responses (not), i've changed my opinion lol. oh dear !!! Jeez, we really are doomed with this level of intelligence parading around, as well informed human beings lol.

Just because we don't possess your level of acumen, it doesn't mean that your opinion is superior to those whom you scorn. It's a good forum is this, and all opinions I'm sure are most welcome.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 6:59pm
Done another good deed for today.
Signed and shared x
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 7:02pm

doesn't matter how anyone replies, but disagree with a tree hugger and you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

hard to decide who is worst, tree huggers or religious nutters??
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 9:30pm
Fracking is needed, you just don't like it on your doorstep.

Posted By: landl Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 9:38pm
Alonso, fair enough, i can't argue with that. But my response was not unwarranted, when you have individuals, who offer up no intelligent,cognitive debate with substance, but instead resort to name calling and hissy fits.. I did provide a video link to a situation unfolding in the states that has obviously had a detrimental effect on the local community and i had high expectations of structured and intelligent debate. Instead i get accused of being a tree hugger (actually i do love trees, they are the lung of the planet) and compared to religious fanatics. No substance to their retorts, just a case of, if you haven't researched the facts and know what your talking about, then just insult them.. It's not on really is it ((shrugs))
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 9:53pm
I consider all tree huggers and politicians as nonentities, plus a few other type of fools. As long as their fracking or whatever does not disturb my sleep I`m fine. Just don't annoy me.
Posted By: landl Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 9:57pm
ASE71 why do we need it.? Give me more than one sentence that isn't backed up with some factual data and not the kind you find on the BBC. Most people in this country have woken up to the fact the BBC is the propaganda arm of the government machine (They covered for the monster Jimmy Saville well didn't they). So something from an unbiased source with factual information and instances where fracking has proved to be safe, effective and sustainable. That illustrates, it doesn't negatively effect the environment and the health of people living near by, or negativity impact wild life. That it doesn't cause earthquakes, that seems to be the case in key areas of the states where fracking is most concentrated etc etc. Your comment means nothing, it's just bubble gum tv, psycho babble without substance. No offense, but more would be an improvement. Thanks in advance!!!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 9:58pm
(actually i do love trees, they are the lung of the planet)

thought plankton gave more oxygen than trees?

anyway it doesn't matter what reply i give against your point of view as you would just poopoo it and claim it was from 'the wrong source' etc.

fish in a barrel wink
Posted By: landl Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 10:01pm
Oh jeez !!! oh well... Thanks to the people who signed the petition. Your kids and grand children will thank you some day. You simply cannot put a pound sign on everything..Unfortunately, that's all some people see... cheerio and cheery-bye !!!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 10:01pm
That it doesn't cause earthquakes,

yeah, it's going to cause earthquakes in this country because as we all know we live on a massive fault line laugh

cheerio and cheery-bye !!!

don't let the door hit your backside on the way out wink
Posted By: landl Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 10:12pm
Lol Mrhanky, you would think you owned the forum. Silly sod. Thanks for the laughs, your level of cognitive dissonance and lacking ability to structurally debate an argument with a semblance of intellectual depth, is on show for all to see. Good luck with that.

Now this door you mentioned, where is it exactly?

Don't worry, this is my last post.. So break a leg, in your response,ok. People are waiting with bated breath. Make it good, no repeats of tree huggers, religious fanatics etc ect .. impress me, i'll watch for a few moments. No pressure.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 10:17pm
Mrhanky, beware, he uses big words.
Posted By: granny Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 10:21pm
landl, this has been discussed before. See link. Always a fall out on topics like this, but we don't care. Just stay with what your inner self believes. In the meantime see what was said on the previous topic.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...88/Re_Fracking_on_Wirral.html#Post849888

Hanky needs a spanky,
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 10:23pm
Hey Granny, you said it was my turn!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 10:30pm
Silly sod.

see, you know you are onto a loser and have resulted to personal name calling

Don't worry, this is my last post..

erm...you said that last time so proved yourself to be a liar

So break a leg,

and now threats of violence against me, bet you don't threaten trees like that.

oh and your big words don't scare me, my wings are like shields of steel.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 10:31pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
Mrhanky, beware, he uses big words.

they do that when they know they haven't got a leg to stand on wink

never mind shooting fish in a barrel, it's more like dropping a hand grenade in there wink
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 10:33pm

Attached picture images.jpg
Posted By: granny Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 10:45pm
Right now, I'm more concerned about the Middle East blowing up in our faces. I suggest many wouldn't give a hanky about fracking, if that should happen and it won't mean much at the end of twenty years anyway, just like a temporary filling.

Much more to worry about at the moment and spirituality is sometimes the only thing left that some people have to hold onto. So less of that angle too.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 29th Jun 2014 10:46pm
Lol Mrhanky, you would think you owned the forum. Silly sod. Thanks for the laughs, your level of cognitive dissonance and lacking ability to structurally debate an argument with a semblance of intellectual depth, is on show for all to see. Good luck with that.

Now this door you mentioned, where is it exactly?

Don't worry, this is my last post.. So break a leg, in your response,ok. People are waiting with bated breath. Make it good, no repeats of tree huggers, religious fanatics etc ect .. impress me, i'll watch for a few moments. No pressure.
Love ya tenacity. duh.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 30th Jun 2014 11:01am
We've had this "fracking is bad because the US had problems" argument before on another thread. There are a number of key points which keep getting ignored:

1) The US incidents should not be used as a comparison. Some are old, some are blatant lies (Gasland documentary), and some are because of less scrupulous regulations, not to mention thousands of miles away on another continent.

2) Fracking has been going on in this country since 1947. I believe the first site was just north of Southport. There has been a fracking site in operation since 1993 in Lancashire, set up by British Gas. It quietly and safely pumps out sandstone share gas, and is the best comparison. The "footprint" of the site is tiny and you'd be very hard pressed to find it unless you knew its exact location.

3) For fairness lets raise the issue of the "earthquake" near Blackpool. OK, that may or may not have been a result of fracking, there's no solid evidence either way. There are often earthquakes in this area, some minor, some large (The Manchester one of 2002 is very well known) But there have been some very serious earthquakes and land slips from coal and other mineral mining in recent years.

Its like the frack test site at Barton Moss. The company managing that has an exact same operation running safely and smoothly to the west of Warrington for years, but the campaigners haven't attacked it.

Now just because I've posted this doesn't mean I'm a frack fan. No, I'm a FACT fan and believe that both sides of the argument should be put forwards in an unbiased manner. Frack-off have used lies and false information to put the seed of doubt in people's minds, as my links on the other fracking thread show.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 30th Jun 2014 11:04am
Here's the other thread on Wirral fracking:

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums.../true/Fracking_on_Wirral.html#Post849885
Posted By: granny Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 30th Jun 2014 11:20am
Originally Posted by granny
landl, this has been discussed before. See link. Always a fall out on topics like this, but we don't care. Just stay with what your inner self believes. In the meantime see what was said on the previous topic.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...88/Re_Fracking_on_Wirral.html#Post849888

Hanky needs a spanky,

You didn't read page 2 did you Gibbo ?
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 30th Jun 2014 11:23am
Sorry granny, I didn't see it on page 2 in the middle of the name calling!
Posted By: casper Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 30th Jun 2014 3:53pm
Feel a bit sorry for landl, he/she didn't need to be lambasted for posting a point of view, nor the others including myself that signed, we are all entitled to our points of view and it irks to be called a leftie or a tree hugger because we responded and thought we were doing right, but only time will tell, I wont probably see it but my grandkids might, however I would have been more upset had somebody called me a Tory, now there is something to get upset about, behold a pale rider and its name shall be Tory and the land shall descend into darkness and despair..... smile
Posted By: oldpm01 Re: Fracking on the Wirral - 1st Jul 2014 9:14am
I have absolutely no issue with Fracking on the Wirral if it is regulated/controlled properly.

Where does all the oil/gas that we currently use come from and how is that extracted. Processes similar to fracking are typically used to get oil from ground - oil just does not come out of ground if you drill a hole. And it is fine for other countries to extract oil/gas then we import it?

So NIMBY's rise again - ok to extract resources from elsewhere and mess their environments whilst we just use the imported fuels.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral