Forums
Posted By: missmahjong Situation in bromborough - 27th Feb 2014 11:47am
To-day after giving lift to work ,went shopping on the retail park. Made my way to go home the back way .. Lots of police ,fire brigade, men in orange jackets ,thought there had been an accident ,all traffic diverted back to r/p.Further up more police blocking the road's by Job Centre and by Village Hotel .The news at 11-00 states Tanker had gone fire
Posted By: Finney Re: Situation in bromborough - 27th Feb 2014 11:55am

DOCK ROAD SOUTH
Incident details
print the list
Last updated at 31 minutes
Dock Road South Bromborough
roadLive travel
Dock Road South both ways closed, slow traffic due to tanker fire between Port Causeway and Thermal Road. The fire has been put out but the road has been closed for safety due to the close proximity of a gas canister. Thermal Road, Riverside Road, Old Court House Road and Port Causeway are also closed.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Situation in bromborough - 27th Feb 2014 12:12pm
Finney ,your report is better than mine .Thank's, could have been a very bad situation.
Posted By: Mark Re: Situation in bromborough - 27th Feb 2014 2:41pm
More on this

Click me

Homes have been evacuated after a fire broke out at an industrial site in Bromborough.

Crews were called to the site on Thermal Road at about 9.30am after reports of the fire, involving an acetylene cylinder.

Joanne Turnbull, who lives on nearby Port Causeway, said: "Someone hammered on our door at about 10 past 10 and said we were being evacuated.

"The kids are off school sick so we all got into the car and came down to the end of the road.

"The first thing my daughter Mollie grabbed was her hamster Pops and we've got the two dogs with us as well."
© Wirral-Wikiwirral