Forums
Posted By: Blueskier Wirral parking CCTV car. - 31st Dec 2013 10:43am
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/wirral-councils-cctv-spy-car-6455753

A freedom of information request would be interesting.
A council spokesman said: “The mobile CCTV enforcement camera focuses on locations where there is a history of road traffic accidents, those where there are a number of vulnerable road users – such as around schools – bus routes and some busy shopping areas, which rely on roadside deliveries.
The 2 highest areas Seaview rd and wallasey village dont have schools, they have shopping areas with limited parking. Same with the crescent and banks road.
Anyone know the going rate for a parking ticket?
Posted By: Helles Re: Wirral parking CCTV car. - 31st Dec 2013 11:19am
See it all the time in Seaview road and Wallasey Village. Just a cash cow and nothing else. I wouldn't mind if it did get inconsiderate people outside of schools.

The most ridiculous thing about this spy car is that it ticketed a couple of minibuses showing the proper disabled children stickers who were dropping off special needs children at a school. It's pretty crazy that the Council allow this to happen especially when the mini buses in question are under Council contract! A bit of common sense should have been applied in this case but no!
Posted By: j_demo Re: Wirral parking CCTV car. - 31st Dec 2013 12:45pm
Originally Posted by Blueskier
The 2 highest areas Seaview rd and wallasey village dont have schools, they have shopping areas with limited parking.

if my memory serves me right, Wallasey Village has at least 5 schools (Mosslands, St Mary's, Weatherhead, St Georges and the one on Claremount Road - if the latter can be classed as wallasey village) i'm sure there's more too...
Posted By: little_pob Re: Wirral parking CCTV car. - 31st Dec 2013 1:32pm
I'm reminded of this thread from a couple of years ago: https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/549788/Re_Spy_cameras.html
Originally Posted by j_demo
The 2 highest areas Seaview rd and wallasey village dont have schools, they have shopping areas with limited parking.

if my memory serves me right, Wallasey Village has at least 5 schools (Mosslands, St Mary's, Weatherhead, St Georges and the one on Claremount Road - if the latter can be classed as wallasey village) i'm sure there's more too...
Although not located on that road, many Oldershaw pupils cross Seaview.
Posted By: danjaylai Re: Wirral parking CCTV car. - 31st Dec 2013 2:25pm
Don't park illegally, ignorantly or dangerously and you won't get a ticket - simples.

I love it when the cctv car is outside sacred heart school in Moreton in the mornings, it makes my trip to eastway so much easier. Idiots with unnecessary 4x4's parking on junctions and double parking just makes it impossible sometimes.

Posted By: mikeeb Re: Wirral parking CCTV car. - 31st Dec 2013 4:05pm
Illegally parking is not the problem as some don't cause an issue
It's the ignorantly or dangerously parked cars that should get a ticket
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Wirral parking CCTV car. - 31st Dec 2013 4:45pm
two things always make me laugh about this,
1, it's hardly what you would call a 'spy' car
2, people winging because they got a parking ticket when they shouldn't of been parked where the where. park where there is a restriction and you can't really moan about getting a ticket.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wirral parking CCTV car. - 31st Dec 2013 6:20pm
Little sympathy for those deliberately parking where they shouldnt. The spy car needs to come to junction of saughall massie road and frankby road on school mornings-every day there or four cars park on double yellows backing right up to the junction.The thing is they dont just drop their kids off but park , walk into school and then come back about 10 minutes later Got plenty of photos on my mobile but quality is not that good.

Attached picture IMG0075A.jpg
Attached picture woodchurch rd showroom car.jpg
Posted By: Helles Re: Wirral parking CCTV car. - 31st Dec 2013 11:55pm
Originally Posted by j_demo

Fine if that applied but it doesn't. The car is usually parked opposite the post office near Grove road station and there are no schools there. It attempts to catch people parking on the crossing zig zags. I approve of this by the way because no one should park on those. It was (is?) a penalty points offence but I don't know if points can be given out when photographed by this car or it has to be the police? As I said previously it is just a cash cow.

I agree you shouldn't park illegally, and I've never had a ticket in forty plus years of driving because I don't mind walking a bit but don't make excuses for the Council making easy money. I thought they were being banned anyway these cars?
Posted By: reddragon Re: Wirral parking CCTV car. - 1st Jan 2014 12:48am
I was under the impression they were doing away with this vehicle
© Wirral-Wikiwirral