Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Man dodges death from falling chimney - 31st Dec 2013 9:55am
Clicky lucky man, good job he was not walking a bit faster.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Man dodges death from falling chimney - 31st Dec 2013 4:51pm
Jesus! that was close
Good job he was a slow walker wasn't it, could have been brown bread
Posted By: Heswall1958 Re: Man dodges death from falling chimney - 2nd Jan 2014 11:44am
There was an article about him in the Echo. Apparently now he is going to enter the Xfactor because he loves singing and feels very lucky - he he. Good on him.
Posted By: BlueLou Re: Man dodges death from falling chimney - 2nd Jan 2014 3:28pm
A very similar thing once happened to me, I was walking in Church Street in Liverpool City Centre next to Dixons.

They're used to be a concrete canopy that hung over the pavement and people would walk underneath it.

Here's a picture:

[Linked Image]

I was walking underneath it when I heard a smash very close to me. At first I thought it was box of eggs that had been thrown. I turned around to see what the noise was when I saw it, a large chunk of concrete had fallen out of the canopy.

It narrowly missed me by a foot, the block was about six inches thick, six inches wide and a foot long. I carried on walking. The people around me gasped and stood amazed at how lucky I had been.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral