Forums
Posted By: Samsamsam Linghams Booksellers wins National Prize - 17th May 2013 2:28pm
Hush, hush, whisper who dares!

Although missed by Radio Merseyside, Wirral News and The Globe, Linghams in Heswall has won the title of Independent Bookseller of the Year - best independent bookshop in the country.

There is an interview with the owners on Radio 4's Open Book on Sunday, but all the local media seems too interested in bad news. I think Linghams have done pretty well, what with Amazon and the supermarkets being able to demand such huge discounts from publishers - more power to their elbow!

(The Echo did report it)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Linghams Booksellers wins National Prize - 17th May 2013 3:27pm
That's a bit of good news. Well done Linghams!
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Linghams Booksellers wins National Prize - 18th May 2013 7:41pm
*applause* Excellent news! Good for them.
Posted By: granny Re: Linghams Booksellers wins National Prize - 19th May 2013 6:21pm
Good News and congrats to Lingham's.

They are a shop with a high level of 'customer service'. Always extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I use them whenever I can.
Apart from books,they have some other items in Heswall branch. They have had to contend with W.H.Smith moving opposite to them too.Hopefully they can continue to keep Smith's at bay.

Well Done .
© Wirral-Wikiwirral