Forums
Posted By: insanekitty New Council Tax discounts/exemptions - 24th Mar 2013 10:50pm
I see the people with more than 1 house will now lose their 25% discount and
Properties left "unoccupied" and "unfurnished" will now lose their 100% discount and have to pay up in full, and
if you leave that house unoccupied and unfurnished for 2 years then the amount will be going up to 150% of the going rate!!! Oh and they are back dating it to 01/04/2011, cos they can!
Posted By: guitarlad Re: New Council Tax discounts/exemptions - 24th Mar 2013 11:02pm
no council tax reductions that got stopped,i work and have to stuggle with bills its never ending.say np more. ,
Posted By: Rambo Re: New Council Tax discounts/exemptions - 25th Mar 2013 12:08am
Originally Posted by guitarlad
no council tax reductions that got stopped,i work and have to stuggle with bills its never ending.say np more. ,

??
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: New Council Tax discounts/exemptions - 25th Mar 2013 8:19am
Good, about time. thumbsup
Posted By: insanekitty Re: New Council Tax discounts/exemptions - 25th Mar 2013 9:27pm
Originally Posted by OxtonHill
Good, about time. thumbsup

withthat

Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: New Council Tax discounts/exemptions - 25th Mar 2013 9:39pm
withthat
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: New Council Tax discounts/exemptions - 26th Mar 2013 10:33am
I did notice when I got my Council Tax Bill that the Pensioner Discount applies at age 70 instead of 75. Don't know when this came in.
You get 7.76% discount and it is not means tested and is on top of my single occupancy 25% discount. I think this discount might apply on the net amount after the 25% knocked off.
So when I reach 70 I will complete the form to apply for this discount. Think in total I will have about a third then off the full bill.
How to apply and contact phone mumber with or on Council Tax Bill. Not many Councils have kept this discount
Posted By: MadonnaFan Re: New Council Tax discounts/exemptions - 26th Mar 2013 5:20pm
Yay, landlords, rich people, those with more than one house. More money.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral