Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Police hunt for nonce - 7th Feb 2013 11:30am
Police hunt man who indecently exposed himself in front of Wirral schoolgirls.

A MAN indecently exposed himself in front of two Wirral girls as they walked home from school.

The teenagers were in Claremont Road in Wallasey when a car pulled alongside them and the driver sounded the horn.

When the girls looked they saw the driver exposing himself. He then drove off along Claremont Road towards Grove Road.

The pair ran home and told an adult, who then called police.

No words were exchange and no physical contact occurred however both teenagers were left shocked and upset.

Police have released an e-fit of man wanted in connection with the incident, which happened at around 3.20pm, on Tuesday, December 11,

He is in his late 30s, of average build, with long, dark untidy hair, a pale complexion and wearing black-rimmed glasses. He was driving a small, silver car.

Detective Sergeant Judith Parkinson from Birkenhead CID said: "This was an unsettling experience for these two girls and understandably they have been left shocked by what they saw.

"They have been incredibly brave and helpful when speaking to us and, as a result, we have an e-fit of the suspect.

"I would like to reassure local people that this appears to be an isolated incident but to look at this image and call us if they think they know who it is.

“Any information, however small, could be important to our investigation."

Call Birkenhead CID on 0151 777 2265 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Description: Police hunt man who indecently exposed himself in front of Wirral schoolgirls
Attached picture Claremont Road efit.jpg
Posted By: TheDr Re: Police hunt for nonce - 7th Feb 2013 2:39pm
It says above Dec 11th, but didn't the same thing happen in January.

Man Exposes Himself in Silver Car
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Police hunt for nonce - 7th Feb 2013 3:47pm
You'd think in this day and age with kids having phones never out of their hands that they'd get a quick snap of the car.

I know chances of an innocent similar looking man driving a small silver car are slim, but we all know what the forum and FB vigilantes are like.
Posted By: EvilCycle Re: Police hunt for nonce - 7th Feb 2013 5:49pm
As much as i completely 100% agree with label you gave the offender, I wasn't expecting to see that type of language as a thread title used on here, where young people visit...
Posted By: TheDr Re: Police hunt for nonce - 7th Feb 2013 6:48pm
Originally Posted by EvilCycle
As much as i completely 100% agree with label you gave the offender, I wasn't expecting to see that type of language as a thread title used on here, where young people visit...

I have never seen nonce as a swear word, it's always meant a sex offender (apart from its real meaning, which is immaterial here)' which a flasher surely is (even if the person is psychologically challenged, it's still a sexual offence).

Most people recognise it as old prison slang, anyone on "rule" or "numbers" (Rule 45, segregated from other prisoners due to nature of their offence) was called a NONCE due to the acronym on their cell card N.O.N.C.E. (Not On Normal Courtyard Exercise), meaning that they didn't get unlocked with everybody else for the 1hr a day walking around the yard.

This was many years ago before prisoners on "rule" were kept on a different "wings" in the jail so the cards were an identifier to the Prison Officer who was unlocking them.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Police hunt for nonce - 7th Feb 2013 7:42pm
I wouldn't have thought there was much hope of anyone remembering anything releasing this 2 months after the event. I hope they catch him though.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police hunt for nonce - 7th Feb 2013 7:43pm
I never knew the derivation of the word NONCE. Thanks Dr.

One puzzling thing is why the long delay in telling the public about this guy and the offence he committed. Surely it would be in everyone's interests that this was made public at the earliest possible opportunity. A better chance of catching the barsteward before he goes to ground ??

Sorry Capt. Overlapping post !
Posted By: Wench Re: Police hunt for nonce - 7th Feb 2013 9:16pm
Originally Posted by EvilCycle
.....I wasn't expecting to see that type of language as a thread title used on here, where young people visit...

I was under the impression that the minimum age for members was 18. I'm sure Mark can confirm or refute my impression. Vaguely remember having issues with a member who had lied about their age when they signed up and was under 18 think
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Police hunt for nonce - 8th Feb 2013 10:24pm
Flasher arrested in Wirral
Jan 16 2013 by Linda Foo Guest, Heswall News
A FLASHER has been arrested after exposing himself to schoolgirls in Wirral.
In two separate incidents the man flashed at two pairs of schoolgirls.
The incidences happened on January 8 and 11 and took place in the West Kirby area.
Following inquiries, police have arrested a 51-year-old man from Seacombe yesterday morning (Tuesday) on suspicion of indecent exposure.

A Merseyside Police spokeswoman said: “Police carried out inquiries following two reports of indecent exposure in the West Kirby area.
“As a result a 51-year-old man from the Seacombe area was arrested on Tuesday morning.
“He has been taken to the police station for further questioning.”
Anyone with information should call Merseyside Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Police hunt for nonce - 8th Feb 2013 11:03pm
Are these incidents related?
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: Police hunt for nonce - 9th Feb 2013 10:14am
I remember well an incident when we live in Colwyn Bay. The girlfriend of my son used to hang round our house with a number of other girls, all around 14, came rushing in one evening. "There's a flasher in the woods". Never mind we said, "just stay out of the way until they catch him". "It's not that" she said," were all going to have a look at him". With that all the girls in the house ran off and into the woods to look for said flasher. They never did find him!
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Police hunt for nonce - 9th Feb 2013 10:20am
Originally Posted by Salmon
Are these incidents related?

I don't know, but it sounds like, to me
Posted By: Grandpa_George Re: Police hunt for nonce - 9th Feb 2013 1:00pm
Originally Posted by Martin1943
I remember well an incident when we live in Colwyn Bay. The girlfriend of my son used to hang round our house with a number of other girls, all around 14, came rushing in one evening. "There's a flasher in the woods". Never mind we said, "just stay out of the way until they catch him". "It's not that" she said," were all going to have a look at him". With that all the girls in the house ran off and into the woods to look for said flasher. They never did find him!

You actually stood back and allowed them to run off into the woods looking for a pervert? Did you call the police? We're you not worried for these girls in the woods at night looking for a stalker?
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: Police hunt for nonce - 9th Feb 2013 2:07pm
The Police were already there, We knew that.Anyway you miss the point, perhaps deliberately, otherwise you would have read the reference to the police.
Posted By: Grandpa_George Re: Police hunt for nonce - 9th Feb 2013 2:25pm
The Police were already there, We knew that.Anyway you miss the point, perhaps deliberately, otherwise you would have read the reference to the police.

Originally Posted By: Martin1943

What reference to police?
Were the police happy for 14 year old girls to run into the woods searching for a pervert on the loose?
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: Police hunt for nonce - 9th Feb 2013 3:53pm
Who would you think "they" were, except the Police? Of course they wouldn't let them into the woods, it was closed until they caught the person concerned, which they already had done. I suppose I should have written a book to satisfy your questioning nature!
Posted By: Sneezy Re: Police hunt for nonce - 9th Feb 2013 3:57pm
What's with people's attitudes on here lately ??

It seemed a reasonable enough question....as it wasn't made clear in the posting that the police were there.
Posted By: Grandpa_George Re: Police hunt for nonce - 9th Feb 2013 4:38pm
Originally Posted by Sneezy
What's with people's attitudes on here lately ??

It seemed a reasonable enough question....as it wasn't made clear in the posting that the police were there.

Thank you sneezy.
Posted By: Grandpa_George Re: Police hunt for nonce - 9th Feb 2013 4:39pm
Who would you think "they" were, except the Police? Of course they wouldn't let them into the woods, it was closed until they caught the person concerned, which they already had done. I suppose I should have written a book to satisfy your questioning nature!

Sorry if I upset you Martin.
Posted By: brittone05 Re: Police hunt for nonce - 9th Feb 2013 5:12pm
I didn't get it either George lol

Wonder if the guy caught is the same guy linked to both incidents? Hope so for the safety of the kids up there xx
Posted By: Dilly Re: Police hunt for nonce - 9th Feb 2013 8:28pm
I too missed the reference to the police being present.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral