Forums
Posted By: Jtaylor Stolen car had child's wheelchair in its boot - 30th Jan 2013 9:32am
THIEVES left a Wirral family devastated when they stole a car which had a wheelchair in its boot belonging to their young daughter.

The black Ford Galaxy Zetec, registration plate FE12 XXJ, had a specially adapted wheelchair in its boot which was “vital” to its four-year-old owner.

Two computers and cash were also stolen from the family’s home.

Detective Inspector Justin Danher said: "We are appealing for anyone who may have information about the whereabouts of this car or the wheelchair to come forward.

"The wheelchair belongs to the four-year-old daughter of the owners and it's vitally important to her for daily life.

"It has been specially-adapted to this little girl and I doubt it would be of use to anyone else.

“I believe it's possible the chair has either been dumped or remains in the back of the car, so I urge anyone who has any information to come forward."

The incident happened in Thornfield Hey, Spital, overnight between Sunday, January 27 and Monday, January 28.

Crime scene investigators forensically examined the scene and house-to-house enquiries have been carried out.

Anyone with information should contact detectives on 0151 777 2264 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Please keep a look out for this car
Black Ford Galaxy Zetec, registration plate FE12 XXJ
Posted By: rocks Re: Stolen car had child's wheelchair in its boot - 30th Jan 2013 10:02am
aww i hope they find it
I hope they crash and die.
Originally Posted by DeanoBirko

Preferably not with the wheelchair in it & preferably not into a innocent member of the public.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Stolen car had child's wheelchair in its boot - 30th Jan 2013 11:51am
Originally Posted by DeanoBirko

Yes, die by all means, but not by crashing THEIR car! The paperwork is horrendous!

Fair enough. Return the car then drop dead.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Stolen car had child's wheelchair in its boot - 30th Jan 2013 12:37pm
Good plan. (If only....)
Hopefully, the wheelchair is covered under insurance. The thing is, they arent even arsed about it, they only want the car for their criminal activities.

Dont ever leave your keys in view of a door or window, especially in nice houses.

I caught someone using a fishing rod to get the keys.

Also, make sure you lock double glazed doors by pushing up the handle, turning the key and putting the key out of view.

We live next door to a rented house and they burgulars put their hand through the letter box and pull the handle down.

Three different neighbours were robbed using this method.

Anyway, sorry for the digression but worth mentioning.
[quote=DeanoBirko]Hopefully, the wheelchair is covered under insurance. /quote]

Hopefully pray But the problem being it is not an off-the-shelf wheelchair, but a specialy adapted one to suit her special needs, the longer she is without it the more they will have to struggle.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral