Forums
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Fire at the float pub seacombe - 19th Nov 2012 6:30am
Been on fire all night, roads around there are closed and fire brigade still there.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Fire at the float pub seacombe - 19th Nov 2012 7:10am
This is from Fire service website.

Fire Tackled At Unoccupied Pub In Seacombe

Monday, 19 November 2012
Wheatland Lane, Seacombe.
Firefighters have tackled a fire involving the first floor and roof space of an unoccupied pub.

Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called at 1.56am to Wheatland Lane, Seacombe, on the Wirral, on Monday November 19.

At the height of the fire five appliances were on scene. By 6.30am damping down operations were continuing at the scene and two relief appliances from Crosby Community Fire Station and Toxteth Community Fire Station had taken over at the location.

Two appliances from Wallasey Community Fire Station, one from Birkenhead Community Fire Station, one from Upton Community Fire Station, one from Kirkdale Community Fire Station and the aerial appliance from City Centre Community Fire Station tackled the fire with the aerial appliance being used as a water tower during operations. At the height of the fire two main hoses and the aerial appliance were tackling the blaze.
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Re: Fire at the float pub seacombe - 19th Nov 2012 8:08am
And the council wanna make cuts by closing stations. They would have been screwed!
Posted By: carcol2006 Re: Fire at the float pub seacombe - 19th Nov 2012 8:11am
Its a shame the Float was a nice building and the owner a lovely person passed away only about 3 weeks ago .
Posted By: JGL4693 Re: Fire at the float pub seacombe - 19th Nov 2012 12:36pm
Was the owner George?
Posted By: Dilly Re: Fire at the float pub seacombe - 19th Nov 2012 12:57pm
The owner was Maxine, George has the Float club.
Posted By: Chorizo Re: Fire at the float pub seacombe - 19th Nov 2012 4:36pm
Maxine passed away? No way she was only young!
Posted By: Henderson13 Re: Fire at the float pub seacombe - 19th Nov 2012 4:39pm
Crapped myself then... As I know the Float Club's owner. I am related to him in a round about way.

But sorry to hear about the pub burning down, terrible shame!
Posted By: torryman Re: Fire at the float pub seacombe - 19th Nov 2012 5:38pm
How are you related to George?
Posted By: colo1969 Re: Fire at the float pub seacombe - 19th Nov 2012 6:05pm
Thanks for the info, I could smell it last night.
Posted By: ThePeteman Re: Fire at the float pub seacombe - 20th Nov 2012 9:30am
That's sad. I knew her for a few years as someone to say hello to. Was it the cancer?
Posted By: willow28 Re: Fire at the float pub seacombe - 12th Dec 2012 11:23pm
Yeah it was. I went to her funeral and we had the wake at her pub just a couple of days before! So sad. End of an era frown
Posted By: DiscoDave Re: Fire at the float pub seacombe - 13th Dec 2012 11:18pm
Another pub gone, so sad.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral