Forums
Posted By: reddragon Mathew Street Festival - 27th Aug 2012 9:46am
If your going the matthew festival just been on radio been cancelled due to high winds and bad weather. Radio merseyside 11am news more to follow.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Mathew Street Festival - 27th Aug 2012 9:50am
creamfields was cancelled due to floods but Matthew St. Festival is 90% indoors isn't it???? as in the cavern and other bars & clubs.

there'll still be "unofficial" gigs on so get yourself over to liverpool, it's a free festival so there's no reason not to.
Posted By: sam15 Re: Mathew Street Festival - 27th Aug 2012 9:56am
If the outside gigs are cancelled there will be thousands all trying to cram indoors. Sardines come to mind.
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Mathew Street Festival - 27th Aug 2012 10:11am
There is a headline article on this, on The Liverpool Echo Website
Posted By: dave_h Re: Mathew Street Festival - 27th Aug 2012 12:56pm
Originally Posted by jawide
creamfields was cancelled due to floods but Matthew St. Festival is 90% indoors isn't it???? as in the cavern and other bars & clubs.

there'll still be "unofficial" gigs on so get yourself over to liverpool, it's a free festival so there's no reason not to.

all those people, the bars should take a fair bit today
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Mathew Street Festival - 30th Aug 2012 11:27am
The bars did make a bomb but the music was great where we went so all power to their elbow, they saved the day. Our crowd had already bought their rail tickets when we got the news it was cancelled so were compelled to carry on, glad we did. Saw one guitarist who made Ronnie Woods look like a fat b......d but boy was he a superb artiste, brilliant. Looking forward to next year now, indoors or out I'll be there. If the Good Lord spares me of course, I'm getting a bit old for this shoit now.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral