Forums
Posted By: Petei123 Euro MIllions Raffle Winner - Unclaimed prize - 10th Aug 2012 8:03am
http://www.juicefm.com/news/local/1m-lottery-prize-remains-unclaimed-on-merseyside/

The link shows that a raffle number from the night of the 100 UK Millionaires raffle has not been claimed.

Now I know this is going to sound ridiculous and a tad far-fetched, but I believe that this ticket could well be mine. I bought my ticket on the day of the draw, from my local shop, as a Lucky Dip. I later went out for a meal with my girlfriend (and i still had the ticket with me as i taken it out of my pocket to pay fro my meal with my bank card.)
We then went out for a stroll after our meal, and this is where i believe that i lost my ticket!!

I'm unsure as to what the raffle number was, but i do have bank statements to prove that i bought the ticket from this local shop and the time of the purchase. I've looked on the National Lottery website and rang numerous numbers on there, but no help was available at all.

Has anybody on here had any experience in this?
i have faith if it is you dont forget ur local community wink hax
Posted By: turnip Re: Euro MIllions Raffle Winner - Unclaimed prize - 10th Aug 2012 9:31am
I too believe I have lost my winning ticket. If anyone finds it please return it to me and I will reward you with £10.
I am sure camelot have a system were you can say where/when you bought the ticket etc etc.

Good luck and enjoy the money if you get it.
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Euro MIllions Raffle Winner - Unclaimed prize - 10th Aug 2012 10:14am
If you paid for it using your debit card/credit card then they will definately be able to know if its your ticket, but they should know anyway by the time/date/shop info that you give them! if its not your ticket then i hope to god that is does not belong to my ex or anyone who i dont like because that will kill me off!! ha ha
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Euro MIllions Raffle Winner - Unclaimed prize - 10th Aug 2012 10:15am
i believe that without the ticket there is nothing they can do, if it was bought on the national lottery website you would have been fine.Few years back i used to work in retail and knew a national lottery rep and this is what i had always been told , no ticket , no dosh frown
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Euro MIllions Raffle Winner - Unclaimed prize - 10th Aug 2012 10:31am
Your so right you sound ridiculous. It was mine, i losted mine too. I don't think we would be the only one on the Wirral to miss lay are tickets.
Just coz it's not calmed it don't mean it's been lost.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Euro MIllions Raffle Winner - Unclaimed prize - 10th Aug 2012 10:33am
Some info here about lost tickets
http://www.lottery.co.uk/info/lost-ticket.asp
Posted By: coops Re: Euro MIllions Raffle Winner - Unclaimed prize - 10th Aug 2012 1:29pm
Recent story in national papers revealed a shop worker told a woman she had not won and offered to bin the ticket.He went on to claim it and that was a million. However Camelot knew the winning ticket had been sold at a local tesco (may have had footage too , i can't remember It was the Mirror)They traced the actual winner and she got the money , needless to say the low life who told her it was NOT a winner has done a runner.Must be worth a call to Camelot .
good luck
Jeanette has just come back from Asda Bromborough,she tells me there was a mobile media crew filming a couple with a check for One million off Camalot not more than an hour ago,
National Lottery do have a procedure in place for lost tickets as they know the exact time and place the winning ticket has been bought. Unfortunately I think its a little more difficult with lucky dips where the numbers are unknown. Have a look on the contact us section on their site as there is an address but no phone number. Worth a try, good luck.
Originally Posted by Vanmanone
Jeanette has just come back from Asda Bromborough,she tells me there was a mobile media crew filming a couple with a check for One million off Camalot not more than an hour ago,

They won over 2 million a while ago, was on Granada news earlier.... They were there to find the winner who hasn't claimed the 1 million!
Defo not my ticket!!!
At least if it was yours and you cant claim you have donated £1 million to charity wink
Originally Posted by Vanmanone
i seen that as well they was filming an older 50ish couple in front of the huge lottery lorry outside the main doors,,,, good luck to them
If it works the same way the pools used to work, then if you have no ticket then it's no win. Even if you did the same numbers each week, if the winning coupon wasn't found you got nothing.

The only glimmer of hope would be that if the shop you bought your lottery ticket from had cctv and showed you buying it at the exact time it was sold, maybe they'd investigate? It seems like a verrrrry long shot though.

I'm so jealous of people who win the lottery, it's such an easy concept but so sh*tting hard to win! frown
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Euro MIllions Raffle Winner - Unclaimed prize - 11th Aug 2012 9:06am
Pete why you gone quiet? was the idea of 5 minutes of fame an getting your mugshot in the local rag not such a good idea afterall? lol
Posted By: Rivid Re: Euro MIllions Raffle Winner - Unclaimed prize - 13th Aug 2012 10:46am
Does anyone know where the ticket was bought? (Where in the Wirral)
Posted By: easto Re: Euro MIllions Raffle Winner - Unclaimed prize - 13th Aug 2012 12:21pm
Heard one of the Staff in Asda Bromborough said it was bought in there??
Posted By: Rivid Re: Euro MIllions Raffle Winner - Unclaimed prize - 13th Aug 2012 1:20pm
Hope it's not true, because we bought a ticket in that
Asda and lost it on the same day so we never
Had the chance to check the numbers :///
I recall the draw and we bought our ticket in asda that day, I cant remember numbers so this is an example, WXY64598 and the winning tickets was WXY69746 so about 4000 ish after us. We bought our ticket around 11am.

Don't know whether Asda keeps a set of number's in which case 4000 after us in Asda, but some will buy a few lines, if it's national you are looking at 1 or 2 people behind me in queue.
Posted By: Rivid Re: Euro MIllions Raffle Winner - Unclaimed prize - 13th Aug 2012 4:31pm
Just called national lottery helpline about it, and they said no one claimed for it so far, but they didnt have any information about the location. So maybe it was bought in Asda, maybe not. anyway I have to write a letter with all the information, and they
will investigate, there are CCTVs everywhere in Asda, so probably it can be used as evidence. There is a good chance, it is not us, but worth to try, I guess.
Posted By: Wench Re: Euro MIllions Raffle Winner - Unclaimed prize - 13th Aug 2012 7:52pm
It's been won by someone who lives 3 villages over from where I used to live. I hope they enjoy it smile
Posted By: Rivid Re: Euro MIllions Raffle Winner - Unclaimed prize - 15th Aug 2012 3:35pm
http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p/results/unclaimedPrizes.do

According to this website, the one in the Wirral is still unclaimed.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral