Forums
Posted By: katieanne Sainsburys Upton - 8th Jul 2012 7:24pm
This was on the Wirral Globe Website.

A WIRRAL supermarket delicatessen was closed down after a potentially life-threatening disease was found.

Sainsbury’s store at Upton was forced to shut its deli counter after environmental health officers discovered listeria in foods.

Listeria, which is most common in soft cheeses, cold cuts of meat and pates, is a rare infection causing flu-like symptoms and vomiting.

Although it can be mild in most people, the disease is particularly dangerous among the elderly and pregnant women.

Posted By: dave_h Re: Sainsburys Upton - 8th Jul 2012 8:13pm
tut, tut
Posted By: jen8505 Re: Sainsburys Upton - 8th Jul 2012 8:17pm
thought this was already on here but obviously i saw it somewhere else. I was in sainsburys with my mum the other day and all the counters were empty. There were about 6 staff members taking apart all the machinery and scrubbing it. The signs on the counters said the counters were closed for 'essential maintenance' but I said to my mum that the way they were scrubbing everything must be because they'd had a visit from health and safety and they'd been told they had to close. shows how right i was. I knew they wouldnt close everything down like that for maintenance!
Posted By: dave_h Re: Sainsburys Upton - 8th Jul 2012 8:21pm
absoultely dirty honking barstard, there in a position of responsibility and they have failed! no one hworking there has any excuse!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Sainsburys Upton - 8th Jul 2012 8:34pm
Shocking. oshocked
Posted By: Dilly Re: Sainsburys Upton - 8th Jul 2012 9:07pm
wont effect the poor, we shop in Lidl. Lol
Posted By: dave_h Re: Sainsburys Upton - 8th Jul 2012 9:12pm
the stuff in there is the same as sainsburys just different wrappers, all comes from same factories, so i found out friday, im gunna switch fire to there
Posted By: Zubee Re: Sainsburys Upton - 8th Jul 2012 9:13pm
Originally Posted by dilly
wont effect the poor, we shop in Lidl. Lol

And we don't live in Upton laffin
Posted By: ianbx1 Re: Sainsburys Upton - 8th Jul 2012 9:53pm
If Sainsbury's have now had a massive clean-up and all the Staff have now been sensitised to the risks, then surely SAINSBURY'S is now going to be the safest place to shop for a while????
Posted By: davew3 Re: Sainsburys Upton - 9th Jul 2012 6:18am
It's not the germs that stop me going to Sainsbury's but that lamppost that announces the time you must leave and your registration number, I'm fed up of the cameras and big brother telling me what I can't do, it seems I need to be told my responsibilities .
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Sainsburys Upton - 9th Jul 2012 6:00pm
The cafe in their is not much better.. Chips are like they have been cooked in dog p!ss sick
Posted By: dave_h Re: Sainsburys Upton - 9th Jul 2012 6:19pm
Originally Posted by davew3
It's not the germs that stop me going to Sainsbury's but that lamppost that announces the time you must leave and your registration number, I'm fed up of the cameras and big brother telling me what I can't do, it seems I need to be told my responsibilities .

and what, whats the worst that could happen, send me a notice and i wipe my arse with it...end of dit!
Posted By: TheDr Re: Sainsburys Upton - 9th Jul 2012 6:20pm
Originally Posted by illuminati
Chips are like they have been cooked in dog p!ss sick

I'm sure we will all bow to your superior culinary experience of this particular delicacy. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Sainsburys Upton - 10th Jul 2012 12:36am
Lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral