Forums
Posted By: Steve123 Dog Fouling!!!! - 14th May 2012 4:27pm
i did see this on the wirral globe website a few weeks ago

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9...e_s_brass___council_fines_80_dog_owners/

Cant say ive ever seen a dog fouling warden and i travel and work all over the wirral!!

I think its money well spent on the dog fouling wardens. but we just need to see them out and about and catching people doing this horrible low level crime.

Maybe there stuck in a office doing the paper work drinking tea???

Has anyone ever seen a dog fouling warden???
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 14th May 2012 4:28pm
Crime?

LOL

Posted By: Steve123 Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 14th May 2012 4:34pm
Yes a CRIME!!! thats why wirral gov can have a enforcement team and give out fines.....

i know its a petty crime but it needs to stop.
Posted By: Lightning Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 14th May 2012 4:40pm
The amount of friggin poll tax i pay it should stop,
pooper scoopers and doggy bags don t cost much.
they should get wardens out or cctv cameras.
the sigins for no dog fouling don t work
Posted By: Steve123 Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 14th May 2012 4:46pm
whilst driving round ive seen loads of people just look round (for these wardens or police) then leave the poo on the floor!!!

if you look at the pic on the wirral globe website they are on bikes with big High-vis jackets on you would have to be stupid to leave dog poo on the floor when spotting them....

so seems abit silly in a way, they should drive round in a unmarked car or something??

Posted By: rover644 Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 14th May 2012 4:51pm
I know in some parts of the country the have discouraged the use of plastic bags due to them not being biodegradable instead opting for a "Stick it and flick it" approach.
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 14th May 2012 4:52pm
the jobcentre is actually advertising for a dog fouling warden at the moment,to be honest tho can you honestly see somebody handing out fines to these people who walk round in gangs with there dogs on thick chains????if you ask me its only a matter of time before this warden would get seriously assulted!!
Posted By: Lightning Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 14th May 2012 4:52pm
yes a unmarked car it should be with a camera and catch them fouling ,also come up with an instant fine of 50.00.
Posted By: Steve123 Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 14th May 2012 5:03pm
well if its still on the jobcenter site maybe thats why i have not see anyone around!!!

i know what you mean about them getting assulted, respect to anyone who has to deal with anyone like that!!
Posted By: Alonso Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 14th May 2012 6:06pm
it's one of my main gripes, and no... I have never seen a so called dog warden either. Fed up of seeing fresh kack on the pavement outside our home though, and having to swill it into the gutter. I dunno how the local postman manages when he collects the mail from the postbox. Seems to be another favourite place for people to let their dogs kack, and right next to where he has to stand to get into the box.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 14th May 2012 7:21pm
Originally Posted by Steve123
Yes a CRIME!!! thats why wirral gov can have a enforcement team and give out fines.....

i know its a petty crime but it needs to stop.

not so petty if a poor child gets toxocariasis

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/838444-toddler-could-lose-sight-in-one-eye-from-infection-in-dogs-poo

Posted By: yewgarth Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 14th May 2012 7:28pm
I Never go out with Big Ron without his Poo bags happy
Posted By: Tatey Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 14th May 2012 7:53pm
Yewgarth,

And he is a big boy, I remember him!
Posted By: Wench Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 14th May 2012 8:00pm
I encountered a case of human fouling in Argos this afternoon - it really wasn't pleasant!! Felt so sorry for the staff that had to clean it up frown You could smell it as soon as you walked in but just thought it was someone with dog poo on their shoe, until we got to the counter.
Posted By: alann Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 14th May 2012 9:03pm
Poo bags aint expensive, use nappy sacks, sainsburys own 12 pence for 100....
Posted By: saltytom Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 15th May 2012 7:45am
Dog wardens in Harrison park Wallasey recently handing warning/tickets to a man allowing his dog to foul on golf course and park
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 15th May 2012 12:06pm
They should've rubbed his nose it in as well.
Posted By: Steve123 Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 15th May 2012 12:48pm
Only one person has ever seen them!! Sounds about right, looking at the picture there are only five of them that's a small number to travel around Wirral!! to be fair maybe they can't get anyone to do the job?? Lol
Posted By: starakita Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 15th May 2012 4:44pm
there was a couple of fellas sitting in one of them council vans a couple of months ago in vicki park they did catch a few people then,they said it was mainly men who dont pick up.unfortunateley the park is still full of shit.
Posted By: crazykoi Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 15th May 2012 6:29pm
what a total waste of tax payers money having a few dog wardens floating around isnt going to solve the problem as a dog owner i have seen these guys several times while out sitting off in there vans would it not be better if they had some sort of disguise also seen a cpl in unmarked vehicals taking photos this is at 6 am would of thought they realised if your going to take the trouble of going out with your dog that early your going go the trouble of cleaning up after it iam all for some sort of system for dog fouling but wardens hiding in the back of cars takin photos is underhand i also if your court 3 times take the dog off the owner iam sure that would make ppl think twice and if i see any wardens takin photos of me i will take action against them for invasion of privacy
Posted By: clagsey Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 15th May 2012 7:06pm
I would really appreciate a dog warden in my road, i have recently moved to a new property in Moreton and haven't got gates on my drive yet. Every single morning a dog has fouled on my lawn apparently is a dog owned by someone in our road but im yet to catch the owner. I wouldnt mind but my own dog only goes in the back garden and is cleard up after sraight away. mad
Posted By: chipbutty Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 15th May 2012 9:10pm
there was 3 dog wardens in storeton woods a few weeks ago & gave on the spot fine to elderly man whos dog had apparently fowled in some shubbery! easy pickings!! no, iv never seen any actually on the streets, when walking my kids to school its 'watch out for the cars' 'watch out for the dog poo!'
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 16th May 2012 7:43am
its a matter of training, my dogs won't defacate in the street, they have to be on grass ( where i pick up )
and maybe while this 'poo patrol' are dishing out fines, they also target the people who smash bottles, leave soiled nappies, half eaten pizzas etc all over the park........
Posted By: dave_h Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 18th May 2012 8:43am
Originally Posted by Wench
I encountered a case of human fouling in Argos this afternoon - it really wasn't pleasant!! Felt so sorry for the staff that had to clean it up frown You could smell it as soon as you walked in but just thought it was someone with dog poo on their shoe, until we got to the counter.

honking,
Posted By: Bobby1971 Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 20th May 2012 7:02pm
Never seen a dog fouling warden, just plenty of traffic wardens though. something does need to be done coz dog poop is everywhere!!! mad
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 20th May 2012 7:11pm
why cant traffic wardens also do the dog fouling warden too?they walk through central park in liscard so it would make sense for them to issue tickets out if they see dogs fouling!!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Dog Fouling!!!! - 20th May 2012 7:18pm
Haha
© Wirral-Wikiwirral