Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wirral man Alex Jarmay killed in London stabbing - 27th Feb 2012 7:52am
Murder investigation after Wirral man Alex Jarmay killed in London stabbing attack

A MURDER investigation was today underway after Merseyside man Alex Jarmay was stabbed to death in a bar brawl in  north London.

Metropolitan police said the  family of the 26-year-old victim were informed  yesterday but no formal identification   had yet been made.

It is believed Mr Jarmay had  travelled down to the capital to watch  Liverpool FC take on Cardiff City in  the Carling Cup final.

The fatal stabbing, which police said  was not football-related, took place at  Bar Uno in Inverness  Street, Camden  on Saturday night.

Officers and an ambulance crew  were called to the scene shortly before  midnight.

On arrival, they found a 26-year-old  man with stab wounds. He was  pronounced dead at the scene.

Four men, aged 23, 25, 17 and 28 were  arrested at the scene in connection  with the murder  and taken into  custody. All are from the London  area.

A post mortem examination was  due to take place yesterday.

A Metropolitan police spokesman  said: “The homicide and serious crime  command is investigating.

“While officers retain an open mind  as regards a motive, it is not believed  to be football-related.”

Last night forensics officers were  searching inside Bar Uno.

A tent remained in place over the  blood-stained spot where the victim is  thought to have  collapsed after being stabbed.

A woman who works at Bar Vinyl  next door said police arrived at around  midnight and told staff  not to let  anyone leave.

She said: “We continued to serve the customers as usual. They were eventually  allowed to  leave about 1am. There  were a lot of Liverpool fans out last night.”

Liverpool fan Michael Evans, who  works at the nearby Good Mixer pub,  said: “It’s very sad if he’s come down to  support his team and this happens.”

Any with information should call  police on 020 8358 0200 or  Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

Liverpool Echo
how awful for the family
I have been a friend of the family for years.I went to school with his father. I cannot believe this has happened, they are lovely people.
We can only imagine what they must be going through.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral