Forums
Posted By: jessiikahh asda bromborough - 20th Feb 2012 11:06pm
Anybody know anything about what's actually happened here?? Been told its been robbed but someone mentioned by gun point :s

If its true what the hell is happening to the wirral

:'(
Posted By: jen8505 Re: asda bromborough - 20th Feb 2012 11:23pm
This place is getting worse by the day! The police have definitely been kept on their toes the past few weeks!
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: asda bromborough - 20th Feb 2012 11:28pm
I know they have but are they doing a proper job of it!! Doesn't loook like it as co-op was held up at gun point, few shops last week now the asdas, you'd think they'd kinda have a inkling to try do something before it happens (if u get my drift) obvisously they don't know when and how but you know what I mean!!

I just can't believe how bad its got that you just can't feel safe anymore!!

I'm due to give birth in 3weeks and don't want to bring my daughter up around scenes like this :'(
Posted By: jen8505 Re: asda bromborough - 20th Feb 2012 11:33pm
Yeah I don't live that far from bromborough asda and I have a 10 month old baby! Can't wait to move!
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: asda bromborough - 20th Feb 2012 11:53pm
No guns involved apparentley.
Posted By: Wench Re: asda bromborough - 20th Feb 2012 11:58pm
Unfortunately they can't be everywhere every second of the day. It'll be even worse when Thersa DeVille's cuts take place. There will be a hell of a lot less Police. The only winners will be the criminals no
Posted By: Wench Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 12:23am
*Theresa DeVille even.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 2:49am
Originally Posted by Wench
Unfortunately they can't be everywhere every second of the day. It'll be even worse when Thersa DeVille's cuts take place. There will be a hell of a lot less Police. The only winners will be the criminals no

They sure don't help themselves by making innocent drivers their primary target, just so they can avoid getting their hands dirty with real crimes.

Also, they'd save a tonne of money, if they stopped driving their cars like they just stole them, the amount of excessive fuel and maintenance that they gobble through must be through the fecking roof, screaming off at stupid speeds for no reason at all, wheelspinning etc, tailgating everyone just because they're the law and nobody can touch them.

Arseholes.
Posted By: baconbutty Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 7:48am
Matt lfc. I bet if your car was robbed you would ring them to get it back. It may be frustrating gettin pulled over but if u watch police show like traffic cops, road wars etc you will see what a positive job they do. Now as long as u don't break the law keep ur lights in order insure ur car don't speed don't drink and drive then hopefully you'll never get stopped. If you do give the copper a break say yes officer no officer and if you are innocent you'll be on your way. Now if that means twenty innocents are stopped a day but 5 uninsured or banned driver's are caught I have to say that the roads are a better place. We don't have to accept this but we should understand why these crimes are happening... With all these cuts and enforcement on benefits will make some people commit crime because to them its a good option. If it is young lads who have nothing and no one then it might look like a good score. I hope these people are caught and are locked up for a long time.
Posted By: pickle1984 Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 7:52am
wow i was there at about 6.30pm with my 2 year old :s
Posted By: puntoar Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 8:54am
I hope Mattlfc doesnt need the police soon then ey!!!!

I would say that this spree which is evident across the North West is the result of the budget cut across the country.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:01am
Originally Posted by baconbutty
Matt lfc. I bet if your car was robbed you would ring them to get it back. It may be frustrating gettin pulled over but if u watch police show like traffic cops, road wars etc you will see what a positive job they do. Now as long as u don't break the law keep ur lights in order insure ur car don't speed don't drink and drive then hopefully you'll never get stopped. If you do give the copper a break say yes officer no officer and if you are innocent you'll be on your way. Now if that means twenty innocents are stopped a day but 5 uninsured or banned driver's are caught I have to say that the roads are a better place. We don't have to accept this but we should understand why these crimes are happening... With all these cuts and enforcement on benefits will make some people commit crime because to them its a good option. If it is young lads who have nothing and no one then it might look like a good score. I hope these people are caught and are locked up for a long time.

I got stopped 3 times last night, in the 3 hours before I posted this. Once by Lancashire, twice by Cheshire. All 3 claimed they were just doing random stops to check for drink drivers, but surprise surprise, none breathalysed me, usual excuse they give to be nosey parkers (or to avoid doing real work).

My family are police for 4 generations now, my uncle was a traffic sergeant, his son is currently a PC in Merseyside, and he has heard of instances whereby a plod has pulled a car in order to avoid having to attend a domestic - work it out?? I've certainly nothing against the police (my grandad would roll in his grave if I did), but some take the feckin piss, and I am certainly not surprised some people hate them.

And where is the excuse for ragging the shit out of their car just because nobody is in a position to do anything about it - cars and fuel that taxpayers pay for.
Posted By: puntoar Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:04am
Heard of instances Witnessed ----NO
Posted By: MattLFC Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:07am
The spree as you call it, is happening, because the police are too busy pulling over cars with no good reason, instead of trying to detect real crime.
Posted By: Wench Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:19am
Generally it's a Traffic Officer that pulls the cars, ergo nothing to do with Area/Response as they don't have the expertise Traffic Law knowledge or forms in their cars. I do wish people would get some facts right before engaging fingers wink

Just as an add on - if people didn't break Traffic LAWS then there would be more Police available for other crimes! You wouldn't be moaning about "innocent motorists" being pulled if someone who was uninsured/banned/drunk/no licence/no mot ploughed into you or your car, you'd be moaning that not enough is done to get them off the roads.

Police can't win can they!?! As for the excessive speeds, wheelspinning etc - each car has an internal log that records everything. I won't go into the workings of it as it's not pertinent to the topic. If you're that bothered about the money spent on fuel etc, why not send off a letter requesting figures under the FOI Act smile

*yawn*
Posted By: MattLFC Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:21am
Two of the plod who pulled me last night, were not traffic. I gave them no reason to pull me, they clearly had no intention of breathalysing me.

Care to explain why they all feel the need to rag the shit out of their cars?? I bet they don't do it in their own cars...

wink
Posted By: Wench Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:27am
Was I there? No. Do I know said Officers? No, because they were Cheshire & Lancashire. Ergo, I can't comment on the ones that pulled you.

All is a very sweeping statement. As already stated, everything is logged on the cars. You got stopped, it took a few minutes of your life, get over it. They're only doing their job as told to do by those in the upper echelons. If you have an issue with being stopped last night, complain.

Now, can we keep on topic of the "robbery" in Bromborough. If you want to moan about Traffic stops, you know the drill Matt - start a new topic. wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:30am
Originally Posted by Wench
Was I there? No. Do I know said Officers? No, because they were Cheshire & Lancashire. Ergo, I can't comment on the ones that pulled you.

All is a very sweeping statement. As already stated, everything is logged on the cars. You got stopped, it took a few minutes of your life, get over it. They're only doing their job as told to do by those in the upper echelons. If you have an issue with being stopped last night, complain.

I don't have a great issue with it, no, but I do have an issue with the fact that police seem to be of the opinion that pulling cars, is more important than anything else.

Sitting ducks, easy targets, springs to minds. We motorists comply, they're not likely to have to get their hands dirty like they would with a burglar etc.
Posted By: Flash02 Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:33am
the police are in trouble with fuinding thats evident, even the CID are down in the dumps about the lack of resources they have at their disposal AND IT DOES HINDER INVESTIGATIONS WHEN THEY have to outsource forensic testing etc and then they have the obstacle of a CPS who is being directed to charge less and keep charges down with an aim to reduce the work in the crown court and keep more people out of prison.

The countrys buggered
Posted By: Wench Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:39am
Flash - you're fighting a losing battle mate frown I've been fighting that battle for years. I even have a stock replies with figures about speeding cameras etc to save my fingers raftl I'd give up and walk away now yes

offtopic
Posted By: MattLFC Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:41am
Well I hope the plod who do get made redundant, have had lots of fun ragging the arse of their plod cars for no reason, and look back at the good days when they could.

Still yet to hear an excuse, nobody will try and excuse it, and everybody who has ever seen a police car in their lives, knows such idiotic/pointless driving is a widespread problem.

Now if it was a member of the general public doing it on the other hand...
Posted By: Wench Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:46am
An excuse for what? Like I've already said, everything is logged on the in car systems. They are reviewed and any discrepancies are dealt with. If you really want the answers that desperately, exercise your right as a member of the general public and whack in a FOI request or write to the Chief Constable! smack
Posted By: MattLFC Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:48am
Well at least try and excuse their idiotic driving.

And we all know there is zero corruption in the police, we all know there is no racism within the police force, we all know police brutality is a myth, we all know there is never whitewashes, and we all know the police would never make an inferior special a scapegoat to save the skin of "proper" plod...
Posted By: puntoar Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:50am
Now we are getting to the truth Matt, been sacked or rejected from the police have we!!!!!
Posted By: puntoar Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:52am
Oh yes, and in one area I agree with you, there are bad apples in every bunch, but the coppers who ive met are good. Im sure you will agree that even in the CAB its the same
Posted By: MattLFC Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:53am
Originally Posted by puntoar
Now we are getting to the truth Matt, been sacked or rejected from the police have we!!!!!

What shit are you chatting? Have no argument, so just try to make personal jibes?

If we want to make assumptions, I bet you're a security guard, ie. failed police officer.

Personally, I'm trained, and have worked in IT since the age of 16 (apprenticeship with Telewest), so no need to worry about applying for the police, much to my grandads annoyance.
Posted By: Wench Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:59am
wikiofftopic
Posted By: puntoar Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:59am
Lol not at all, Im a fintess consultant with a very succesful company
Posted By: MattLFC Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 10:00am
I didn't think you were tbh, was just applying the same logic as yourself lol smile
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 10:05am
i dont know why people are making out like mattLFC is out of order for what hes saying!!weve ALL said at one time or another that instead of pulling cars over for not wearing a seatbelt or something like that they should be out catching REAL criminals!!i know somebody recently who was robbed in their own home by masked men with hammers and the police seen them on the night it happened and they have had NO contact off them since!!!they should be making sure these victims are supported instead of sitting at the side of the road!!
Posted By: puntoar Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 10:10am
Ok Wench (back to the topic)

I hope that the staff at Asda have not been injured and the criminals are caught asap to stop this spate in its tracks.
Posted By: Wench Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 10:12am
Originally Posted by pokerchamp
i dont know why people are making out like mattLFC is out of order for what hes saying!!weve ALL said at one time or another that instead of pulling cars over for not wearing a seatbelt or something like that they should be out catching REAL criminals!!i know somebody recently who was robbed in their own home by masked men with hammers and the police seen them on the night it happened and they have had NO contact off them since!!!they should be making sure these victims are supported instead of sitting at the side of the road!!

Nobody's saying that, just trying to get the thread back on topic. Like I've already said, if you want a thread dedicated to moaning about the Police then start one, don't do it on this one.
Posted By: SUExx Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 11:35am
Just come back from asda in bromborough, nothing to report all looks fine.
Posted By: cezza Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 1:11pm
Ive just come back from Asda in Woodchurch and about 5 tills are cordoned off with police tape and a policeman standing next to them. Could it of been this one and not Bromborough?
Posted By: SUExx Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 1:42pm
sounds like, as asda bromborough was all normal
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 3:09pm
bromborough was a deffo last night safe boxes on tills 2-8 were robbed and apprently woodchurch one was targetted last night too.. information comes from someone who works in there
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 3:10pm
also police where in asda bromborough this morning
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 4:06pm
Just come back from asda Bromborough .. the last five or six tills are cordoned off with police tape at the far end by the fire exit and a wpc standing close by.
Posted By: insanekitty Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 5:48pm
Originally Posted by Vanmanone
Just come back from asda Bromborough .. the last five or six tills are cordoned off with police tape at the far end by the fire exit and a wpc standing close by.

Apparently the same has happened to Woodchurch ASDA today.
Tills cordoned off and pcso's guarding the tape!!
Posted By: Mark Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 8:20pm
wikiofftopic

Please start a new topic, its an intresting debate, but your spinning off away from the topic title.

Cheers.

Ref : police and there duties.
Posted By: mgbsheep Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 9:58pm
Police are always in Asda on the croft... there's hardly a the when there isn't a cop car parked up in the car park... but normally they are just doing a bit a shopping... ;-)
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: asda bromborough - 21st Feb 2012 10:00pm
Hi Jen if you move to a place were this aint happening tell every one i don`t think it matter`s where you live Jen this ... is every where sad like but it`s true ,we just hope it won`t happen on our doorstep eh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral