Forums
Posted By: Edz2011 bidston road closed off - 10th Jan 2012 12:29pm
Does anyone know why the police have stopped traffic going through bidston and re-directing everyone.
Posted By: luckycharm Re: bidston road closed off - 10th Jan 2012 12:32pm
wirral globe traffic cam says theres an accident on upton road .
Posted By: dawnmo234 Re: bidston road closed off - 10th Jan 2012 12:34pm
Where about they redirecting from? By bidston hill?
Posted By: luckycharm Re: bidston road closed off - 10th Jan 2012 12:41pm
theres live updates on the wirral globe website theres a lampost blocking the road on the junction of boundry road .
Posted By: Edz2011 Re: bidston road closed off - 10th Jan 2012 12:56pm
yeah bidston hill as 437 had to go through nocky and then birkenhead north.
Posted By: atw1960 Re: bidston road closed off - 10th Jan 2012 12:57pm
Ford Hill has been closed off since about 9.30-is this related? I was able to drive to the junction with Eleanor Road at the top of Ford Hill & then we were directed away .
Posted By: Robert86 Re: bidston road closed off - 10th Jan 2012 2:27pm
Originally Posted by luckycharm

This was a separate incident I think, on the saughall massie end of the upton bypass near the Overchurch. 4x4 on its side, 3 ambulances, incident support van, various police cars and 3 or four fire engines. Didn't look good. There didn't seem to be any cabin intrusion on the cars is saw though. Hopefully all where ok.
Posted By: Salmon Re: bidston road closed off - 10th Jan 2012 2:35pm
Radio Merseyside said an accident at Boundary Road/ Upton road and Gas people were on the way to make it safe.
Posted By: Peanut Re: bidston road closed off - 10th Jan 2012 2:39pm
Originally Posted by Salmon
Radio Merseyside said an accident at Boundary Road/ Upton road and Gas people were on the way to make it safe.

Was this recent? Is the road closed now? Sounds terrible, I do hope all involved are ok.
Posted By: luckycharm Re: bidston road closed off - 10th Jan 2012 2:43pm
Originally Posted by Salmon
Originally Posted by Robert86
Originally Posted by luckycharm

This was a separate incident I think, on the saughall massie end of the upton bypass near the Overchurch. 4x4 on its side, 3 ambulances, incident support van, various police cars and 3 or four fire engines. Didn't look good. There didn't seem to be any cabin intrusion on the cars is saw though. Hopefully all where ok.
Yes two seperate incidents the by pass and boundry rd where someonre crashed into the lampost .
© Wirral-Wikiwirral