Forums
Posted By: AR_One Anyone else see the strange train near Bidston - 28th Nov 2011 11:28pm
It was about 9pm this eve there was a normal merseyrail train waiting to go towards the depot at Bhead North but it was all lit up in multicolours and seemed to have curtains at the windows.

Got a really, really bad piccy on my phone but it's too bad to post!

Are Merseyrail doing some sort of Christmas specials or have I had my drink spiked!
It could have been a special unit on lease from Network Rail that's used to clean the rails. Network Rail have a few other units too used for different engineering tasks. I've seen one at Bidston that had what looked like onboard messrooms and sleeping quarters.

I'm sure some of the train enthusiasts on this site will be able to tell you exactly what you saw.
Originally Posted by AR_One
It was about 9pm this eve there was a normal merseyrail train waiting to go towards the depot at Bhead North but it was all lit up in multicolours and seemed to have curtains at the windows.

Got a really, really bad piccy on my phone but it's too bad to post!

Are Merseyrail doing some sort of Christmas specials or have I had my drink spiked!
its the xmas polar express
Last year they had the Merseyrail "Polar Express" which is for employees and families christmas do. It was also used to transport down's syndrome children on their party day.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Anyone else see the strange train near Bidston - 29th Nov 2011 12:05am
Hot hot hot!
As said it's the polar express train which is for merseyrail staff. Departs from rock ferry and one static at Southport on a few dates over the xmas period. It's a good site going past 1 in the tunnel or when its dark
The Polar Express sounds like what it was, all differant coloured lights and drapes at the windows on a standard 508 class unit.

Thanks!
yes it was the santa express that went from rockferry to west kirby on sunday for staff and families my daughter was lucky enough to get tickets for her and my granson she said it was magical and the kids loved it i think they shud done one like that for the public i think it would be a sell out
Can I have whatever it is you have been drinking??? He He he he
it was the Mersey travel polar express I was on it on sunday with my hubby. daughter & grandkids its for the merseytravel & mersey rail staff kids they had a great time. It goes from Rock Ferry to West Kirby the staff do a great job of dercorating the carriages.
Posted By: AR_One Re: Anyone else see the strange train near Bidston - 29th Nov 2011 11:46pm
Originally Posted by Deggsyr
Can I have whatever it is you have been drinking??? He He he he

Aldi cider laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral