Forums
Posted By: scary police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 11:40am
£13000 Merseyside Police drone lost as it crashes into River Mersey ...
www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/

3 hours ago – AN AERIAL drone hailed by Merseyside Police as the latest tool in the fight against crime was declared “lost at sea” after crashing into the River ...
Posted By: TheDr Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 11:55am
Drone in the Drink

Police lost control of the £13,000 Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) while operating it from the Riversdale Police Social Club, in Aigburth, on a “routine training exercise”.

Translation: Someone was p!ssing around with it.

Posted By: dave_h Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 11:56am
fools
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 11:57am
Now THAT would be worth retrieving! Salvage laws ?? It's all MINE - unless you want to pay me megabucks to get it back ???

Mmmmmm.. ???
Posted By: ex0__ Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 11:58am
Good, these things should be illegal anyway.

edit: salvage laws only apply in international waters.
Posted By: Tatey Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 12:01pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Now THAT would be worth retrieving! Salvage laws ?? It's all MINE - unless you want to pay me megabucks to get it back ???

Mmmmmm.. ???

Where can you find a deep sea diver when you need one?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 12:02pm
Ahhh - of course ! Ok Tatey, 50/50 then ??
Posted By: Tatey Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 12:08pm
Only if you crank the wheels on me air pump!
Posted By: MikeT Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 12:11pm
Originally Posted by ex0__

You wouldn't say that if it was tracking the little scrote that had nicked your car.

Posted By: ex0__ Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 12:22pm
Originally Posted by MikeT
You wouldn't say that if it was tracking the little scrote that had nicked your car.

I assure you, I would.
Posted By: MikeT Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 12:26pm
I assure you, I would.

How about if it was tracking the scrote that had just raped a woman? Would you still be against it then?

Posted By: gypsyjune Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 12:27pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
Drone in the Drink

Police lost control of the £13,000 Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) while operating it from the Riversdale Police Social Club, in Aigburth, on a “routine training exercise”.

Translation: Someone was p!ssing around with it.

HA lol Yes that`s more like it
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 12:40pm

withthat
Posted By: ex0__ Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 12:54pm
How about if it was tracking the scrote that had just raped a woman? Would you still be against it then?

There is no scenario you could come up with that would make me change my mind. Another step towards complete loss of privacy in what's fast becoming a police state vs the million to one chance this drone could be useful for actual police work? Maybe you should look up some stats on how useful these things actually are (here's a hint: they aren't) before you blindly approve of something you know nothing about simply because it looks shiny and high tech.
Posted By: MikeT Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 1:00pm
Maybe you should look up some stats on how useful these things actually are (here's a hint: they aren't) before you blindly approve of something you know nothing about simply because it looks shiny and high tech.

Nasty knee-jerk reaction, that. Maybe you should see a doctor about the chip on your shoulder.

You're making a lot of assumptions about what I think, incorrect assumptions as it happens. I merely asked you why you were so against them as you said you would make them illegal with no justification or reasoning whatsoever.

Posted By: StuyMac Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 1:02pm
I guess its cheaper than losing the chopper - A role the drone, I guess, is a semi-substitute for.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 1:04pm
Ex0 maybe you taking photos should be made illegal?

Privacy? If these things help combat crime what's the problem?

Do you have something to hide?
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 1:14pm
don't drome on about it!
Posted By: davew3 Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 1:35pm
How about you Tatey! :-)
Posted By: ex0__ Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 1:47pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Ahh the 'ol 'if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear' fallacy.

There's thousands of papers written on this exact fallacy by professors all over the world (my favorite being this one: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=998565) and there's internet articles about the same subject (again, favorite being: http://www.wired.com/politics/security/commentary/securitymatters/2006/05/70886).

My favorite answer though:

If I'm not doing anything wrong, then you have no cause to watch me.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 1:55pm
There was a couple of loud helicopters flying lowish towards the river earlier. Flew back not long after, maybe something to do with it.
Posted By: muzzy2 Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 2:09pm
You'd think there'd be some sort of tracking device fitted especially using so near the river to send a signal from underwater. Also should be made to float if lost over river.
Posted By: Lord_of_the_M53 Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 2:10pm
duck tape some arm bands to it ha ha
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 2:52pm
maybe looking for birkenhead smack'eds trying to swim over to Liverpool
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 3:33pm
ON THE NEWS today, the police £13,000 drone fell into the river mersey? {yeh right} its actually a police cover up story!, the real reason it was lost!. IT was MAD martha thunder knickers?!. the police noticed an unexplained bogie hovering in the sky above the river mersey last night, so to save money sending the helicopter to look they sent the drone instead well thunder knickers saw it sort of LAUGHED! horribly then sucked into her horrible hole/knickers { the fiend } then she chewed it for a bit then spat it out!. It was just to much WIND for the poor small plastic drone { £49.99 NOT £13,000 AND made in hong kong from toys.r.us } and it hit the water never to be seen again!.And then MAD martha flew off towards new brighton with a big jet flame coming out of her arse at a frightening speed. A toys.r.us shop spokesperson said we are out of stock of the plastic drones and we are not getting any more now till christmas!. cheers for now mike...ann..x.
THIS IS THE REAL REASON/STORY. happy
Posted By: ex0__ Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 3:36pm
Originally Posted by mikethetrainman
insanity here

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 3:54pm
insanity here

[Linked Image]
NO this is insane if you cant have a laugh so back off or i,ll send thunder knickers over to your HOUSE!!. somad think think think think thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup raftl
Posted By: Wheels Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 4:04pm
My new GoPro HD Hero version 2 arrived today and I fitted it to my drone smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 4:10pm
excellent wheels, nice piece of kit!, just don,t lend to liverpool police. thumbsup cheers mike.
Posted By: Snickas Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 4:59pm
excellent wheels, nice piece of kit!, just don,t lend to liverpool police. thumbsup cheers mike.

raftl raftl raftl raftl
Posted By: mrhanky Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 5:19pm
i think some one here get a bit to worried about things...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wheels Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 5:28pm
Mine costs a fraction that theirs cost. Oh and the camera is on charge at the time of taking the picture. It already has 2 cameras on it anyway smile

I think the police should pay me to fly it smile
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 5:33pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Ahh the 'ol 'if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear' fallacy.

There's thousands of papers written on this exact fallacy by professors all over the world (my favorite being this one: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=998565) and there's internet articles about the same subject (again, favorite being: http://www.wired.com/politics/security/commentary/securitymatters/2006/05/70886).

Shouldn't you be down at St. Pauls? And while you're at it do us all a favour and stay down there.

Posted By: ex0__ Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 5:40pm
Really, 3800+ posts and you still don't know how to quote and then comment on it?

Here, this is for you.

Also to the people that don't know what a conspiracy is (and use it falsely here) check out this news link dated yesterday:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/oct/30/metropolitan-police-mobile-phone-surveillance
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 6:10pm
I just can't be arsed.
Posted By: paranoidballoon Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 6:18pm
Not like you Bandi naughty boy.When I got the Puzzle Palace from the library years ago, my name went on a special list.I had been on every demo I could, with some odd people.BUT
"I had nothing to hide".
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 6:22pm
Remember telling you to read that one but then again I was part of the game. Happy days.
I've got another one for you when I see you next week.
oldman
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 7:05pm
Ah I remember The Drome. Good times dancing to repetitive beats. Stu Allen, DJ Trix and Philly etc.

Oh sorry, you ment to put 'Drone' in the title.
Posted By: Wheels Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 31st Oct 2011 9:37pm
Hahah kev... Dj Karl kox!
Posted By: Moonstar Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 1st Nov 2011 12:03am

edit: salvage laws only apply in international waters.

Really.
Posted By: MikeT Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 1st Nov 2011 7:18am

You need one of these: CLICKY

Posted By: Tatey Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 1st Nov 2011 8:52am
Originally Posted by davew3
How about you Tatey! :-)

How about me what?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 1st Nov 2011 9:17am

.....but they werent watching you think

I think its called proactive policing (although in this case, it was by a Police Solcial club, so there was either an event with the potential for trouble going on, or it was training). Does this mean a Bobby on the beat is watching you also? As far as I can tell its pretty much the same thing - proactive policing.

Lets face it, we read posts about the Police never doing enough, so why would they go out of their way to watch someone who hasnt done anything wrong raftl

As for a conspiracy theory, spend enough time on the internet and you can find information on just about anything.

For instance: did you know that the Apollo moon landing was a hoax? That 9/11 was an inside job? That flouride is a mind control substance designed to keep humans dumb and under control?
The problem with conspiracy theorists is they ask you to demolish your mental programming, but demand you replace it with their own.

The result is to exchange one unproven worldview for another. And unfortunately, basing your decisions on the conviction of “knowing” is responsible for many of the world’s ills.

The only real truth is that it’s impossible to “know” anything. And the only real method of making decisions is through probability.

Posted By: ex0__ Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 1st Nov 2011 9:39am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
stuff

Interesting post.

I should note though that I didn't say anyone was watching me (if that's what started the foil hat thing you guys need to read my post a bit closer) I used that example to counter Ste's argument earlier in the thread which was something like "why do you mind being watched, do you have something to hide?"
Posted By: StuyMac Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 1st Nov 2011 9:50am
Sorry ex0 - I just read your comment as someone was watching you in the context it was being used sorry

I also guess the thread as strayed off topic, as its moved from a £13k Police eqpt loss, to a big bother thread....
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 1st Nov 2011 9:56am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
the thread as strayed off topic, as its moved from a £13k Police eqpt loss, to a big bother thread....

Which is good, who gives a toss about the police who don`t have the skills to handle high tech equipment anyway?

Carry on Ex0...
Posted By: ex0__ Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 1st Nov 2011 10:00am
Well gimme something to reply to then lol. I didn't bother with all the conspiracy theory people individually because it was obvious they didn't realise I was using that quote as an example.

I'm aware my opinions aren't well received (or popular) but at least it gets a bit of back and forth going on. Keeps my mind sharp while I'm working. I figure that can't be a bad thing, forums are kinda for discussion and all that .. tease
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 1st Nov 2011 2:58pm
It's finally made my daily, it says it happened in February. That's a long time for that sort of cock up to surface.
Posted By: Samsamsam Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 1st Nov 2011 3:56pm
The BBC News website says it happened in February last year!

Must have been a quiet news day when this story surfaced in the Echo
Posted By: TheDr Re: police drome lost in river mersey - 1st Nov 2011 4:05pm
Last February was when "it" made its first, and as far as I know only, arrest.

It can't have been in the last few days though, as the insurers have already paid out on it, although apparently its not being replaced and the funds are being used "elsewhere"

© Wirral-Wikiwirral