Forums
Posted By: DodgyDave Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 10:40am
Once again the water is off in parts of the Birkenhead/Prenton area.

I went to get a shower and the water is dead low then my shower head snapped! went to get a bath and took me about half an hour to fill and now we have no water at all.

Also family members in the area have no water too, it seems to happen about twice a year in my area!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 10:43am
Why did your shower head snap?
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 10:44am
did you pull the head to hard in the shower?
Posted By: AlexB Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 10:45am
I didnt know people in Birkenhead used water wink
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 10:45am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Why did your shower head snap?

withthat

Wtf was you doing with it, the mind boggles, lol.
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 10:46am
Originally Posted by AlexB

They don't now.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 10:47am
Originally Posted by AlexB
or had showers confused
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 10:52am
ha ha no I live in Prenton I will have you know lol, I think the shower head snapped as someone has been messing with it when they had a shower last (aka little sister) and not screwed it back on and broke the thread.
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 10:53am
Originally Posted by DodgyDave
ha ha no I live in Prenton I will have you know lol, I think the shower head snapped as someone has been messing with it when they had a shower last (aka little sister) and not screwed it back on and broke the thread.

Hmmmmmm dunno
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 10:54am

oh whistle
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 10:57am
With your bath taking half an hour to fill was it cold by the time you went to get in it resulting in mission failure?
Posted By: Wheels Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 11:09am
Missis has just told me that we have no water too frown luckily I have already had a cuppa T. A warning would of been nice tho. Anyone know what's going on?.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 11:14am
Ours off too

If you live in the CH43 area of Prenton and you do not have any water or your water pressure is poor, this has been reported to us and we are currently investigating the cause. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we will restore your water supply as soon as possible.

If you live in the CH42 area of Birkenhead and you do not have any water or your water pressure is poor, this has been reported to us and we are currently investigating the cause. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we will restore your water supply as soon as possible.

Quoted from United Utilities Website
http://www.unitedutilities.com/Emergencies.aspx
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 11:16am
Originally Posted by Wheels
Missis has just told me that we have no water too frown luckily I have already had a cuppa T. A warning would of been nice tho. Anyone know what's going on?.

There's probably a broken pipe somewhere due to the cold weather.
Posted By: sean Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 11:27am
i'm in prenton and my water is ok, better go and top the pool up
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 11:34am
hi, we live in moss lane ch42 area we had no water since 9-00 am phoned U/UTILITIES they said nothing to indicate a problem in the area BUT if several neighbours phone up then they will investigate!.Probably with all the metal pipe stealing the water pipe been nicked??!, think raftl thumbsup cheers mike.
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 11:46am

Ha! Ha! What cold weather Ste?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 11:48am
Originally Posted by Pepper_Head

PP P P PPPP Pepper, it was cold this morning.
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 11:53am
Originally Posted by Pepper_Head
[quote=Wheels]Missis has just told me that we have no water too frown luckily I have already had a cuppa T. A warning would of been nice tho. Anyone know what's going on?.

PP P P PPPP Pepper, it was cold this morning. [/quote]

I just don't feel it mate. Hardened Pompey lad, lol.
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 11:56am
Originally Posted by sean
i'm in prenton and my water is ok, better go and top the pool up
hi, can you fill our kettle please!?.
Posted By: sean Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 11:57am
£5 a litre ok?
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 12:20pm
Mmm nice hot cup of tea
Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 12:22pm
Originally Posted by paulph1972
Mmm nice hot cup of tea

Mmmm same here, lol.
Posted By: DodgyDave Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 12:35pm
I was told When I rang at 12.30 they had still not found the problem
Posted By: scary Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 1:26pm
probly the gypsys diverted the water to the north end so they can get washed and for kooking lol would they pay water rates or buy bottled water or just stick a stand by pipe in to get free water and lower the water preasure ????? the dale camp springs to mind lol
Posted By: scary Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 1:27pm
probly the gypsys diverted the water to the north end so they can get washed and for cooking lol would they pay water rates or buy bottled water or just stick a stand by pipe in to get free water and lower the water preasure ????? the dale camp springs to mind lol
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 1:37pm
I hope it gets sorted soon as Birkenhead smells enough without more BO
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 1:48pm
Originally Posted by sean
£5 a litre ok?
thats cheap! any chance of 50 litres??? and also some bacon butties?? cheers mike.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 1:59pm
I've used my shower once in about two months as I use the ones in the gym twice a day! Wonder how much money I've saved on electric/water?!
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 3:29pm
HI, looks like the water is back on a bit slow but at least its water!. happy mike.
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 4:47pm
ITS BACK OFF! again, what if we paid our bills the same?
Posted By: sean99789 Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 4:50pm
ooooo now this is strange im literally round the corner from you mike and its been ok here
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 5:10pm
Originally Posted by sean99789
ooooo now this is strange im literally round the corner from you mike and its been ok here
i know ive just tried again 18-10 pm, im bloody sick of united/arseutilities its there cock up in the first place!.
Posted By: Katryn Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 5:35pm
we had no heating or hot water thanks to WPH not giving us new boiler but having 8 repairmen come out in space of 4 months to try and fix a boiler that needs condemning last night it completley died!!

thankfully they guy who came out from repair team last night (after practically begging woman on repair line to please send someone out as it was and still is cold and with having 3 children) the guy left us 2 little heaters and then today we got a wheelie bin (yellow) hauled up the stairs that is filled with cold water for n hour that turns to hot only because i rang repairs this morning.

Please god please repairmen come out Monday rip the useless piece of junk from boiler cupboard and give us a new 1.

Posted By: DodgyDave Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 10:31pm
All back on now, water back up and been to Homebase to buy a new shower head and hose lol.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 10:35pm
haha nice one bud happy
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Water off again - 29th Oct 2011 11:13pm
Mum's water was off/low pressure and came back up to full pressure this evening.

There's a united utilities road works near top of Singleton Avenue - maybe that's the problem location.
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Water off again - 30th Oct 2011 9:38am
All back on now, water back up and been to Homebase to buy a new shower head and hose lol.
hi dave, dont let your sister near it again?. happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral