Forums
Posted By: Clive CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 23rd Sep 2011 8:23am
Two men accused of vandalising the Bidston Hill war memorial will appear in court today
At a previous hearing before Wirral Magistrates,
33 years old Stephen Clark of St Oswalds Avenue, Prenton
and David Gillam, who is 30 and lives in Fairbrook Drive, Birkenhead, intimated they will plead not guilty to the charge of criminal damage

They are accused of causing damage to flowers and wreaths at the memorial on Bidston Village Road in May of this year

Source

IF Found guilty, Probably blame it on having nothing to do, or drugs.
Courts should throw the book at them, and throw bricks and stones at them aswell while there at it.
Posted By: AlexB Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 23rd Sep 2011 8:27am
30 and 33 years old, not kids, what the fook were they thinking.

Tossers.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 23rd Sep 2011 8:53am
I'd put them on the list for "re-education" (says he, easing the safety catch off).
Originally Posted by AlexB
30 and 33 years old, not kids, what the fook were they thinking.

Tossers.

withthat
Posted By: dave_h Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 23rd Sep 2011 7:03pm
f**king Grrrrs! send them to afghan to be used as targets to draw fire
Posted By: Clive Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 18th Oct 2011 6:06pm
Two Wirral men have admitted causing damage estimated to be in the hundreds of pounds to a Merseyside war memorial

Thirty three year old Stephen Clarke, of St Oswald’s Avenue, Prenton, and David Gillam, who is 31, and lives in Fairbrook Drive, Birkenhead, had both admitted damaging flowers and poppy wreaths at the Bidston memorial at an earlier court hearing

They blamed their destructiveness on drink when they appeared at Wirral Magistrates Court for sentencing

Each of them received a suspended sixty days prison sentence with a twelve month duration and thney were ordered to do one hundred and eighty hours unpaid work with the chairman of the bench of magistrates, Steven Fletcher indicating that he felt some of the unpaid work should be done at the memorial

Source
Posted By: Tombraider Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 18th Oct 2011 6:12pm
Pissheads as usuall
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 18th Oct 2011 6:31pm
Hi Alex Your right (Tossers) even at thier ages .There are loads of tosser`s out .I try to avoid them myself
string them up b*stards
Posted By: Snickas Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 18th Oct 2011 7:12pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wench Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 18th Oct 2011 7:19pm
Originally Posted by dave_h

Give them to 3 Para Mortar to be ruined first! Then they can be used as IED detectors. There really aren't words enough to describe these ...!!
Posted By: ex0__ Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 18th Oct 2011 7:22pm
They got prison sentences for being assholes and destroying flowers? That's a bad judgement, even if it is suspended.
Posted By: TheDr Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 18th Oct 2011 7:38pm
Originally Posted by ex0__
They got prison sentences for being assholes and destroying flowers? That's a bad judgement, even if it is suspended.

The judgement was sound, the sentence was the community service, the suspended sentence is to keep them in check so they know that this behaviour wont be tolerated.

The fact that they were "only" flowers isn't the point, if we read things like that then a headstone is "only" a rock, the memorial to so many means much more.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 18th Oct 2011 8:09pm
Very well said, Dr! Exactly.
Posted By: AlexB Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 19th Oct 2011 2:50pm
http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-...iven-suspended-sentences-80491-29616115/

Originally Posted by Wench

Give them to 3 Para Mortar to be ruined first! Then they can be used as IED detectors. There really aren't words enough to describe these ...!!

completely right, these actions are as bad as the people who oppose our brave soldiers and burn the poppys etc, they r ...
Originally Posted by ex0__

are you for real?????????????????
the fact that you can have this opinion is because of the names that are inscribed on memorials like this all over the free world.
to destroy the 'flowers' on these memorials which are laid in respect of their sacrifice is disgusting and if i was the judge they would have been sent down no suspended setence .
so wind your neck in!
Posted By: Wench Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 19th Oct 2011 3:24pm
LoTM53 - as much as it pains me to say it, yes they did die so that he can have that opinion, but they also died so he could express it freely frown We might not agree with it, I know I don't, but I agree to a certain degree that he is entitled to do so frown
Posted By: ex0__ Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 19th Oct 2011 4:33pm
Originally Posted by Lord_of_the_M53
are you for real?????????????????

Yes I was for real, hence my question mark. Note how I didn't need like 20 of them unlike you.

GTFO if you can't handle peoples opinions (especially when I was questioning my understanding of the judgement as well!).
i find your opinion on the 'flowers' offensive so wind your neck back in again
Posted By: ex0__ Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 19th Oct 2011 4:45pm
Originally Posted by Lord_of_the_M53
i find your opinion on the 'flowers' offensive so wind your neck back in again

I find your stupidity offensive but you don't see me trying to make a big deal over it in some futile attempt to look hard over the internet, do you?
LoTM53 - as much as it pains me to say it, yes they did die so that he can have that opinion, but they also died so he could express it freely frown We might not agree with it, I know I don't, but I agree to a certain degree that he is entitled to do so frown

and let him have his opinion its what the wreaths and flowers repesent at the memorials

as a member of hm reserve forces and having lost friends in Iraq and Afghan you can possibly understand my anger and frustration
Posted By: Wench Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 19th Oct 2011 8:59pm
I agree wholeheartedly. I've been to too many funerals of friends lost in TELIC and HERRICK, not to mention friends who have come home from Tour early because of injuries, most of them catastrophic. My ex partner came home from 2 TELIC Tours a shell of the man he was when he went out and is thankfully now getting treatment for PTSD. I didn't recognise him when he came back from the second Tour and it broke my heart.

As strange as it sounds, I've made some cracking friends because of the injuries they sustained, and I have TELIC & HERRICK to thank for that! They give me the inspiration and the support I need to get up every day with what I face now. If they can do it then I'm damned sure I can smile They tell me to man up when I wibble and it does the job.
Posted By: LATEBOY Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 21st Oct 2011 9:40am
May be if they had got 4 or 5 years then they might realise what these brave men endured.
Posted By: dave_h Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 21st Oct 2011 10:33am

45 mortars u mean
Posted By: Wench Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 21st Oct 2011 10:35am

45 mortars u mean

Are they worse than the Rent Boys? raftl
Posted By: dave_h Re: CRIMINAL DAMAGE AT BIDSTON WAR MEMORIAL - 21st Oct 2011 1:00pm
im not even getting into this argument
© Wirral-Wikiwirral