Forums
Posted By: consho VISITING AT ARROWE PARK HOSPITAL - 1st Aug 2011 2:45pm
From this afternoon's Mersey Magazine

Visiting to the main wards at Arrowe Park Hospital will resume on Wednesday of this week following the suspension of this facility due to the outbreak of vomiting caused bythe highly infectious bug Norovirus

There could still be the possibility of some restrictions though because visiting will be solely at the disgression of the ward manager

www.merseymagazine.co.uk

Posted By: consho Re: VISITING AT ARROWE PARK HOSPITAL - 1st Aug 2011 3:07pm
please note that visiting is very definitely at the disgression of the ward manager and a later statement from one of the hospital co-ordinators suggests Wednesday will only see a review of thes situation and not a definite decision to allow all visitors again
Posted By: muddypaws Re: VISITING AT ARROWE PARK HOSPITAL - 1st Aug 2011 8:33pm
i always thought that Novovirus was a winter condition..not summer or am i wrong?
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: VISITING AT ARROWE PARK HOSPITAL - 1st Aug 2011 8:36pm
Me too!I thought it was known as the 'winter vomiting virus'?
Posted By: yewgarth Re: VISITING AT ARROWE PARK HOSPITAL - 1st Aug 2011 8:42pm
wipe your feet on the way out! skull skull
Posted By: ponytail Re: VISITING AT ARROWE PARK HOSPITAL - 2nd Aug 2011 5:46am
Inadequate hygiene again. Norovirus is not airborn, it is transmitted directly from person to person and indirectly via contaminated fomites, water and food. The hospital should examine the contractors in charge of cleaning and catering - what has been their track record in eliminating outbreaks?
Arrowpark had an outbreak in January 2011 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-12310096
THIS IS INTERESTING:- The 4th time in 18 months!!!
http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...s-outbreak-92534-29133033/#ixzz1TRhWLWkT
Sue Green, Human Resources, stated that they did not have an outbreak in the hospital but were having patients admitted who had the symptoms! They did say they had patients admitted from local nursing homes? With patient confidentiality and data protection they could say anything! Have any nursing homes been interviewed to prove this?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: VISITING AT ARROWE PARK HOSPITAL - 2nd Aug 2011 11:10am
With the amount of people (patients, visitors, staff & contractors) entering the hospital there is not a lot a hospital can do to prevent infection being brought into the hospital unless everybody has a complete bio-flush on the way in.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: VISITING AT ARROWE PARK HOSPITAL - 2nd Aug 2011 11:16am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
With the amount of people (patients, visitors, staff & contractors) entering the hospital there is not a lot a hospital can do to prevent infection being brought into the hospital unless everybody has a complete bio-flush on the way in.
Can you keep your vest on for a bio-flush.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: VISITING AT ARROWE PARK HOSPITAL - 2nd Aug 2011 2:36pm
Maybe they should throw lime over people as they enter and leave... think
Posted By: StuyMac Re: VISITING AT ARROWE PARK HOSPITAL - 3rd Aug 2011 8:43am
withthat raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral