Forums
Posted By: MikeT Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 12:12am
"A Wirral petrol station worker who defrauded hundreds of customers by cloning their bank card details has been jailed for 12 months.

Night shift worker Murugaiah Selvakumaran, 36, was caught using a tampered-with pin entry device at the Murco garage in Leasowe Road, Wallasey."

CLICKY
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 12:17am
good job I payed cash in there a while back
I've used my card there, and had a cancel session if I remember rightly frown
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 2:20am
No boggle people, justice has been served.

He won't like it in Walton one bit! smirk
Posted By: MikeT Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 4:58am
Originally Posted by beer_money

There were rumours about dodgy goings-on with credit cards at these Murco stations doing the rounds a year or two ago. People were warning their friends and family not to use cards. Not sure if anyone here heard them at the time.

A while back I filled up at the BP station in King St and the same night the fuel line on the car was cut and some of the petrol stolen, the rest left to piss out over the road. 40 quid's worth. Seemed too much of a coincidence, I wondered at the time if I'd been followed home from the station.
Maybe it is just me? But I've noticed when filling up at these Murco stations the fuel needle doesn't move up quite as much as when I do at other petrol stations. Not making any accusations though of course...

There used to be some government department called weights and measures that used to check on these things to ensure that customers got exactly what they paid for, probably been scrapped due to cuts these days.

Oh, and how the one on Liscard Road can keep its licence to sell alcohol 24/7 in a residential area baffles me, given the amount of antisocial behaviour it attracts.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 7:12am
Hmm, the one on liscard rd is strange, I usually use the same pump but the other day I used another pump and got more fuel for the same money.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 7:29am
I don't really trust anyone wen it comes to my bank card,I rarely use mine getting petrol,mostly use cash,but yes justuce has been served.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 7:32am
I hope he meets someone in prison that has had his credit card cloned!
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 7:37am
Originally Posted by Tatey
I hope he meets someone in prison that has had his credit card cloned!
. Oh yes!:)
Originally Posted by MikeT
Originally Posted by beer_money

There were rumours about dodgy goings-on with credit cards at these Murco stations doing the rounds a year or two ago. People were warning their friends and family not to use cards. Not sure if anyone here heard them at the time.

A while back I filled up at the BP station in King St and the same night the fuel line on the car was cut and some of the petrol stolen, the rest left to piss out over the road. 40 quid's worth. Seemed too much of a coincidence, I wondered at the time if I'd been followed home from the station.

this is what he has only just been sentanced for its took that long to complete the case
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 7:50am
petrol is rip off anyway, with out them kind off people ripping you of too, busted
Posted By: Snickas Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 8:08am
[Linked Image]

Its a very busy garage, the murco one. You'll bearly ever see it empty....
And they're not doing much to reassure customers either [Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 8:13am
Had 3 of my cards done at the time.

I was in the Globe and the Echo when the story broke.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 8:18am
My relative(who is a chief inspector)also had hers done!
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 8:19am
Originally Posted by Nobody

cameraDid you get your photo in their Al?
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 8:20am
how long was this going on for, before they got caught, busted
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 8:53am
Are running topic on this..

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums.../Re_PETROL_STATION_FRAUD.html#Post296277
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 9:18am
Originally Posted by Steve_Wallasey
Maybe it is just me? But I've noticed when filling up at these Murco stations the fuel needle doesn't move up quite as much as when I do at other petrol stations. Not making any accusations though of course...

There used to be some government department called weights and measures that used to check on these things to ensure that customers got exactly what they paid for, probably been scrapped due to cuts these days.

Oh, and how the one on Liscard Road can keep its licence to sell alcohol 24/7 in a residential area baffles me, given the amount of antisocial behaviour it attracts.

Trading Standards still do it, the pumps have to be 99.999% accurate by law or the station gets fined something stupid like £20,000. They also check for water and sediment in the fuel, scrutiny is all very strict over fuel.
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 2:09pm
12 months is nowhere near long enough! he will do 6 months which is nothing compared to the amount of money he must of made through hard working class people. I hope is deported and never allowed back into this (Soft with the wrong people) Country again!!
Posted By: Silverback Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 3:31pm
Originally Posted by Kevinx
12 months is nowhere near long enough! he will do 6 months which is nothing compared to the amount of money he must of made through hard working class people. I hope is deported and never allowed back into this (Soft with the wrong people) Country again!!

Depending where he's from, and how good his legal team is, he may not be able to be deported!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...s-immigrant-criminals-say-EU-judges.html

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 5:04pm
Originally Posted by lemonhead
how long was this going on for, before they got caught, busted

Collected details over a period of time and hit them all at the same time.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 5:04pm
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Originally Posted by Nobody

cameraDid you get your photo in their Al?

No just my name and a couple of quotes.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 5:15pm
What about the fast pay service is it safe`I always use it` another thing I don't like is when they just swipe your card no PIN required you don't know what your paying for! unless you ask for a receipt which am not in the habit of.
Posted By: jenscho Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 5:35pm
I was in the Murco a few weeks ago when the weights and measures people were in there and they commended them on the quality of their fuel and filled up while they were there 'coz it's of such a good quality!' so it can't be too bad!
Posted By: zippy49 Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 5:53pm
It happened end of feb 2009,my son was 1 of the people it happend to.Was caught march 2011 by surrey polce on an unrelated matter,he will be out in a couple of months,already been in custody 126 days.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 6:03pm
... thats what they are, its hard who you do trust these days, busted hope your son didnt loose to much money
Posted By: zippy49 Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 8:02pm
At 18 didn t have a lot in bank but has a job so not that happy ,he was 1 of the luck ones got money back ,but took a while
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 9th Jul 2011 8:52pm
good on him, i hope that scumbag suffers in nick busted with all them flex after 1 thing ...........................

yes cash back boohoo
Posted By: MikeT Re: Wirral petrol station fraudster jailed - 10th Jul 2011 5:12am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Hmm, the one on liscard rd is strange, I usually use the same pump but the other day I used another pump and got more fuel for the same money.

It was a warm day. Fuel expands.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral