Forums
A private education tutor held at HMP Liverpool on 45 child sex crime charges has been found hanged in his prison cell.

Steven Heatman, 50, a partner at Maghull-based Tuition Express was found by guards at 0515 BST on Saturday.

He had been due to appear for a second time at Bootle magistrates' court.

He was charged on 17 June with offences including engaging in sexual activity with a child, making indecent images and assault.

Merseyside Police said that Heatman's alleged victims had been told that the investigation had closed with his death and that they are being offered support.

Heatman of Moss Lane, Maghull, worked as a tutor for 25 years.

'Conduct investigation'

A Prison Service spokesman said: "HMP Liverpool prisoner Steven Heatman was found hanging in his cell.

"Staff attempted CPR and paramedics attended but he was pronounced dead at 0545 BST.

"As with all deaths in custody the Prisons and Probation Ombudsman will conduct an investigation."

A police spokesman said: "Merseyside Police can confirm that all known alleged victims have been notified of Mr Heatman's death at HMP Liverpool on Saturday.

"While the criminal investigation into allegations against him has been concluded following his death, officers continue to provide the appropriate onward support to victims, along with local authority partners.

"There is no evidence implicating anyone else in this investigation."

Source: BBC
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Child sex charge tutor Steven Heatman found hanged - 30th Jun 2011 12:34pm
One less ... bag drain on our hard earned tax money.
Originally Posted by Nobody
One less ... bag drain on our hard earned tax money.

thumbsup

Don't know why they need to waste money on an investigation...

Sicko... suicide.. the world's a better place. Closed
Coward, denying the survivors proper closure.
Bloody hell! Did you lot bother to read the article? It said he'd been charged. He hadn't been poven guilty yet. If he had been, then feel free to let rip. Child abuse is an awful crime.

I hope you never get to sit on a jury!
No need to prove him guilty now, is there... I think he just "confessed"...
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Coward, denying the survivors proper closure.

sorry to say it but there's no such thing as closure.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Child sex charge tutor Steven Heatman found hanged - 30th Jun 2011 1:53pm
Originally Posted by Touchstone
Bloody hell! Did you lot bother to read the article? It said he'd been charged. He hadn't been poven guilty yet. If he had been, then feel free to let rip. Child abuse is an awful crime.

I suppose if he WAS innocent and hanged himself due to the shame/stigma then an injustice has been done. BUT, if he'd been charged with it, then there must have been some evidence.

I've not heard the evidence myself but how does someone who is innocent end up charged with FORTY FIVE counts?
That's true, Hitler died before he stood trial too so he must've been innocent and here's me been thinking he was a shoit all these years. I need my bumps feeling me.

yes i read it and lets put it this way, if he was up on 45 charges then chances are there would of been another 10-20 charges that the cps would of decided not to pursue.

plus to be remanded means he's either been a naughty boy before of poses a significant risk either to the public or of absconding.
Originally Posted by mrhanky

yes i read it and lets put it this way, if he was up on 45 charges then chances are there would of been another 10-20 charges that the cps would of decided not to pursue.
plus to be remanded means he's either been a naughty boy before of poses a significant risk either to the public or of absconding.
withthat
Originally Posted by summer01
yes easier said , as its an easy way out for him . its the kids involved has to live with this nightmare. i would have brought him to trial and gladly handed him the rope .

withthat
Originally Posted by Nobody

I suppose if he WAS innocent and hanged himself due to the shame/stigma then an injustice has been done. BUT, if he'd been charged with it, then there must have been some evidence.

I've not heard the evidence myself but how does someone who is innocent end up charged with FORTY FIVE counts?

exactly
Originally Posted by summer01
yes easier said , as its an easy way out for him . its the kids involved has to live with this nightmare. i would have brought him to trial and gladly handed him the rope .

withthat
Can't find the clapping hands.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral